• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanavi

You guys think it would be too big of a buff to DS if they changed his wall illusions to use bot AI instead of just auto attacking?

Why would AI on the illusions matter if they can't use skills?

Oh, you want to give them the ability to use spells and items on top of that? You're so cray cray.

Volodja

Right. I just meant use items and spells via the bot AI.
Giving him illusions that can use spells, even if you can't control them directly, would be utterly insane.
Either the AI fucks up and you'd be frustrated as hell or it does something good and the enemy is gonna be frustrated as hell.

Epix

What I saying is changing the spell so that instead of illusions being created when an enemy passes through the wall, it would essentially spawn bot AI replications of those enemies with the same items...

Make it an aghs upgrade...

Epix

Giving him illusions that can use spells, even if you can't control them directly, would be utterly insane.
Either the AI fucks up and you'd be frustrated as hell or it does something good and the enemy is gonna be frustrated as hell.

Would make for some fun to watch....

xanavi

What I saying is changing the spell so that instead of illusions being created when an enemy passes through the wall, it would essentially spawn bot AI replications of those enemies with the same items...

I guess I just don't understand why that change would matter at all if all the illusions can do is move and attack?

Epix

I guess I just don't understand why that change would matter at all if all the illusions can do is move and attack?

You've played practice games with bots right?

His wall would create bot AI replications of all the enemies that passed through it....The replications would be governed by the AI, free to use items and spells as they do in bot games. They may all run away and try and push another lane, or they may all drop some mad laguna blades and shit.

Fuck I'm tired...

Volodja

He has pretty clearly said they would be bots, not illusions, so they'd have skills and items ready for use.

being able to control them is much, much preferable to giving them bot AI
If said bot had the ability to cast, I dunno, RP? I'm not sure it is.
Especially when the hero thta creates said bot comes with vacuum, which I imagine would trigger whatever condition makes a bot use RP instantly.

Bots are not actually random, you'd just need to understand how they work to use them the best way.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
You'd probably never see him survive a first round ban phase, I think.
You mean if a hero could instantly turn a teamfight into a 10v5 for half a minute that wouldn't be balanced???

You've played practice games with bots right?

His wall would create bot AI replications of all the enemies that passed through it....The replications would be governed by the AI, free to use items and spells as they do in bot games. They may all run away and try and push another lane, or they may all drop some mad laguna blades and shit.

Fuck I'm tired...

They'd have to program bot AI for the entire roster first

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LOOK AT IT GOOD
stunned.gif

Go Yellow Submarine!

xanavi

OK so you're definitely talking about giving them the ability to use spells and items, I wasn't clear on that. Yeah, that's actually the most broken thing I've ever heard someone suggest. Forget the AI, if you even just gave the wall illusions the ability to cast spells or use items i'm sure we'd never see that hero again in competitive matches.

Epix

You mean if a hero could instantly turn a teamfight into a 10v5 for half a minute that wouldn't be balanced???

You could try and balance it around say...3-4s bot duration. Just enough time to roll the dice and maybe get some black holes or RPs, but not enough time to roll 10v5 for more than a few seconds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Giving Vacuum a one second shorter CD would be bordering on too much of a buff. What you're proposing is nothing short of total madness!

I'm pretty sure that even if the illusions would spam the spells without an AI it would be broken as shit. There's a custom game in the making that basically buffs every hero like that, making the entire hero pool OP, looking forward to playing it for 2 hours until the most broken hero of the bunch is found.

Epix

Giving Vacuum a one second shorter CD would be bordering on too much of a buff. What you're proposing is nothing short of total madness!

Agreed. It's sounding imba as fuck, it's probably just my sadistic side wanting to see some epic vacuum walls.

aeolist

Banned
right now dark seer is overall strong and an especially good counter-pick versus aura heavy teams.

that change would make him a counter pick to every team ever. it's seriously the dumbest hero change i've ever seen suggested.

Volodja

You could try and balance it around say...3-4s bot duration. Just enough time to roll the dice and maybe get some black holes or RPs, but not enough time to roll 10v5 for more than a few seconds.
The only heroes that would be affected by that would be channeling heroes, and 4s is enough to get everything really impactful off.
Even 1 second would be enough.
Vacuum wall would mean that a good chunk of the enemy team is gonna be disabled for a split second, copied and probably hit by all their aoe spells because bots would probably instantly cast those when they detect all those heroes grouped up.

It's not even close to being possible to balance.

Epix

I'm pretty sure that even if the illusions would spam the spells without an AI it would be broken as shit. There's a custom game in the making that basically buffs every hero like that, making the entire hero pool OP, looking forward to playing it for 2 hours until the most broken hero of the bunch is found.

I would think that letting the AI roll the dice might even balance it out more than letting a top pro control the replicants. Like I said, there's always the chance they run away....

Volodja

I would think that letting the AI roll the dice might even balance it out more than letting a top pro control the replicants. Like I said, there's always the chance they run away....
There's acceptable amounts of randomness, a dice roll that decides an entire fight regardless of the precautions you take is not that kind of acceptable amount of randomness.

I mean, sometimes it happens that a 1 second less on a CK stun can change a fight, but this would be every time the wall is used that diceroll would decide wether or not the team opposing the DS can actually have a chance.

Adding AI to those reflections would be nightmarish. They could screw over Dark Seer's team just as easily as they could destroy the enemy.

Volodja

Adding AI to those reflections would be nightmarish. They could screw over Dark Seer's team just as easily as they could destroy the enemy.
I mean, haven't we found an answer?

Make the bots part of a third team that is against both human teams and let them just do whatever the hell they want.
There.
BALANCED.

I mean, haven't we found an answer?

Make the bots part of a third team that is against both human teams and let them just do whatever the hell they want.
There.
BALANCED.
Looking forward to 10 man Black Holes and Ravages.
spawn a random bot every 10 mins and have it steal stacks and destroy wards

That's already my pub experience though, except the wards were never there to begin with.

I do like the idea of a roaming neutral that's just an asshole to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom