• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It is absurd, and probably getting nerfed if Lesh gets touched for 6.84d.

Generally what I do is stay on the left or right side of the creep line.

Code:
                  Leshrac

range

melee
                   melee

me
                   range

Acinixys

Am I crazy on saying the jump range on Leshrac's Lightning is absurd? Seriously, you can't play far back enough to avoid the lightning spam, it feels like it's nearly impossible.

Your best bet is getting a stick, and even then you still win on that trade.

No, it is very OP. I see Lesh nerfs after hes picking in every single TI game

Hylian7

It is absurd, and probably getting nerfed if Lesh gets touched for 6.84d.

No, it is very OP. I see Lesh nerfs after hes picking in every single TI game

That's what I figured. I just played a game against one as Storm. (My fault I ended up in that matchup, didn't even think about it until after I picked it and I was focused on the rest of the team) Luckily, the rest of my team did well, and I was able to mostly dodge the Rubick's attempts to gank me, and I was able to still walk away with good farm regardless of the shitty matchup.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1538014136

qClpOc1.png

Actually he had less farm than I thought. I thought mostly he was freefarming because I didn't get much opportunity to bully him. I had to play even more careful than normal vs a Lesh because Rubick was trying to get a gank on me constantly. There was a close call early on, but Lesh whiffed his stun so I was able to walk into the trees and get away. They did manage to successfully get me once later though when Lesh got an invis rune.

Also, don't ever say that foreign players are always bad (*cough*Thacker*cough*) My entire team was foreign players including Vietnam and some South American countries. They were great, communicated well, and helpful, not throwing blame when we lost a fight or someone made a mistake.

Hylian7

Fuck 6.84d. Rainbow pony gets his time in the sun.

He'll still be strong, even if they just nerf the lightning jump range. The problem is right now it's basically "Okay, I know he's about to spam lightning again, so I'll just back up off the creep wave and-ZAP OW GODDAMMIT"

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1538047562

Really frustrating game, and my team didn't even play bad. I feel like it was entirely on me for itemizing wrong, but I really didn't know what to get. I figured I should go tanky vs axe and sniper instead of getting a bkb, but maybe the bkb would've won us the game as opposed to the skadi because atleast it limits necro and winter wyvern's ability to control me in fights.

Never thought slark would be a hard hero in the 10 hero challenge

ViviOggi

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1538047562

Really frustrating game, and my team didn't even play bad. I feel like it was entirely on me for itemizing wrong, but I really didn't know what to get. I figured I should go tanky vs axe and sniper instead of getting a bkb, but maybe the bkb would've won us the game as opposed to the skadi because atleast it limits necro and winter wyvern's ability to control me in fights.

Never thought slark would be a hard hero in the 10 hero challenge
no blademail radiance ocarina bloodcyka gg

Pelmaleon is still skipping lighting afaik:

http://www.twitch.tv/pelmaleon

or patch 6.83): His other spells scale better (bigger AOE on Split Earth for multiple-hero stuns, Diabolic Edict damage scales superbly which lets you control runes, win most man-fights, and create space by pressuring towers, and Pulse Nova is one of the best damage to mana ratio spells in game), Leshrac's cast animation is .7 seconds (slowest in the game) which should instead be used to reposition himself to hit more targets with his ult (his main source of dmg is the ult), dodge spells, and spread from his allies to not get dominated by enemy AOE, and stats help him stay alive a tiny bit longer + give him extra mana for more ult ticks in prolonged fights.

I occasionally get 1 point in lightning around lvl 12 if I'm far ahead, but skip it if I'm too squishy to survive in fights. 1 point is sufficient because you can use it to slow retreating foes to help your allies catch them or to slow aggressive foes so your allies can kite them a bit. Remember, lightning has a .7s cast time and .25s delay before hitting the initial target (which is currently bugged according to the combat log -- it usually takes .27s before hitting the initial target) along with a .25s delay between each bounce; you might get fogged while casting, the enemy might blink while you are waiting for the ~.97s strike (cast time + delay), etc.

Hylian7

Gank him and you'll be fine.

I know that's a meme but

seriously if you do gank him you'll actually be fine.

That isn't enough. The fact that he can obliterate most mids with it with that range is ridiculous.

Take a look at this.

oqtmkby.jpg

The creep my mouse pointer is on is the initial cast target, look where I am. It bounced to all of those creeps and STILL hit me. What's even worse? I didn't even get a stick charge being that far away!

Artanisix

pelmaleon? 6k mmr nobody?

also somebody has to be the best mid laner so you'll just have to deal with it. or pick viper and max corrosive skin.

or pick OD and watch lesh cry in lane

also lightning doesn't bounce through fog so if it's nighttime and youre still getting hit, buy a sentry and clear dat hill ward

Hylian7

pelmaleon? 6k mmr nobody?

also somebody has to be the best mid laner so you'll just have to deal with it. or pick viper and max corrosive skin.

or pick OD and watch lesh cry in lane

also lightning doesn't bounce through fog so if it's nighttime and youre still getting hit, buy a sentry and clear dat hill ward

Lesh can still be a good, hell maybe the best mid laner without the lightning jump range being so ridiculous. That's not the only reason he's so great right now.

I don't think anyone wants a patch of just Leshrac, OD, and Viper mid all day every day.

Also does it still bounce if he had vision on you on initial cast or does it have to be when it actually bounces?

Low Tier
you guys take everything out of context don't you

"i was maxing shrapnel before it got popular" before the MAJOR buff and overhaul of how shrapnel worked

"i told u guys sonic wave was broken" before the pure dmg+bkb piercing buff

"mid lina is so strong i was doing this 2 years ago" haha dont even have to go over this

also lesh isnt the best midlaner in terms of winning the lane. The problem with that hero is that his damage output in teamfights is obnoxiously high and his ability to flash farm is almost unmatched amongst heroes

Honestly I still take SF over him as dominant mid, and TA is one of the unsung pubstompers of this patch with the deso and blink change.

Hylian7

you guys take everything out of context don't you

"i was maxing shrapnel before it got popular" before the MAJOR buff and overhaul of how shrapnel worked

"i told u guys sonic wave was broken" before the pure dmg+bkb piercing buff

"mid lina is so strong i was doing this 2 years ago" haha dont even have to go over this

also lesh isnt the best midlaner in terms of winning the lane. The problem with that hero is that his damage output in teamfights is obnoxiously high and his ability to flash farm is almost unmatched amongst heroes

Honestly I still take SF over him as dominant mid, and TA is one of the unsung pubstompers of this patch with the deso and blink change.

Do you mean something by this other than the price reduction on Deso or is there something else I missed?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Do you mean something by this other than the price reduction on Deso or is there something else I missed?
This:

Blink is no longer disabled if you take no damage (e.g. Spiked Carapace icon.png Spiked Carapace, Refraction icon.png Refraction, etc)

RS4-

http://gfycat.com/EntireWholeAchillestang

So, that's a script right. The auto hex + dagon without actually clicking on me. All game he'd blink into areas without actually clicking them (this isn't the double click towards base type movement). His mouse only moved along the Y axis, perfectly. Looked like he had the auto last hit enabled too.

I checked from other perspectives to make sure the mouse cursor wasn't a glitch, his is the only one that moves like that.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Doesn't get much better than not listening to a random ET whine about how shitty the hero is, fight off the Undying and Fed as shit Lina, and then whomping a 5-man push and deathballing mid.

As for the pic, I wonder how many coins they get from a single coin challenge win, lol.

So, that's a script right. The auto hex + dagon without actually clicking on me. All game he'd blink into areas without actually clicking them (this isn't the double click towards base type movement). His mouse only moved along the Y axis, perfectly. Looked like he had the auto last hit enabled too.

I checked from other perspectives to make sure the mouse cursor wasn't a glitch, his is the only one that moves like that.

wow what a bitch

Disgusting, I have played against those with the PA crit script and seriously can ruin the game for you, valve really needs to look for solution against this bs.

Hylian7

Disgusting, I have played against those with the PA crit script and seriously can ruin the game for you, valve really needs to look for solution against this bs.

How does that even work? Does it just cancel attacks until one is a crit and lets that one fly or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom