• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

hylian wont be able to talk about custom games now
EleGiggle.png

Hylian out of commission for 2 weeks. Please wish him well on his recovery.

There are a few at least. Unfortunately I haven't played with any of them so I can't give you specific names.
Ahh. I see. Thanks

Pinoy here. :) You can add me if you want but I usually play with my stack of IRL friends.
yo add me up, my name is salad in game.you could also find me in the gaf guild, maybe we can play sometime.

Punch 'im right in the dick

look deep into his eyes, say "you light a flame in me" and give him a kiss
bts_lina.gif

The funny thing is the other two guys in the stack (who I've met IRL) just tell him to shut up and stop being a whiny girl.

Then he shuts up for a little bit and it repeats.

It's an interesting group dynamic I am witnessing.

Just started playing, what do you guys suggest for some noob friendly hero? Bane? Edit: just saw the list in the purge guide

Also how can i add you guys?

Bane?
Ehh I think his ult requires decent positioning to get the maximum effectiveness.

Lich was a good support for me to learn the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm picking one of the OP heroes in the game and Blizzard keeps putting me with these 2k scrubs to drag down my MMR.

Literally stuck in the trench.
mayatomr_fume.gif

Low Tier
use the aoe build with arcane power

fel/gp/fission/pyro/chain/ignite/arcane

line up stun->pyro->bomb->flamestrike

ez katka

just have one of ur tanks/warriors go in first, like a diablo, then set up huge aoe damage iwth AP up

Haly

use the aoe build with arcane power

fel/gp/fission/pyro/chain/ignite/arcane

line up stun->pyro->bomb->flamestrike

ez katka

just have one of ur tanks/warriors go in first, like a diablo, then set up huge aoe damage iwth AP up

What if Matchmaking doesn't give me any tanks?

I wish I could refund Kael for Jaina. At least Jaina is waifu even though she's a slut unlike CM who is pure and unsullied.

Just started playing, what do you guys suggest for some noob friendly hero? Bane? Edit: just saw the list in the purge guide

Also how can i add you guys?

Crystal Maiden (Intelligence, Support)
Ogre Magi (Strength, Support)
Drow Ranger (Agility, Carry/Mid)
Lich (Intelligence, Support/Mid)
Sniper (Agility, Carry/Mid)
Luna (Agility, Carry/Mid)
Tidehunter (Strength, Offlaner)
Wraith King (Strength, Carry/Support)
Viper (Agility, Carry/Mid)
Skywrath Mage (Intelligence, Support/Mid)
Ursa (Agility, Carry)
Sven (Strength, Carry/Mid)

Strength heroes are usually innately tankier than other types of heroes and are overwhelmingly melee heroes. They are also usually slower (attack speed, move speed) and have very limited mana pools. They want to be in the center of the action and have the HP pools to survive. Agility heroes tend to emphasize attack speed items and tend to be ranged more often and usually have a higher movespeed than most other classes. They also tend to have less HP and low mana. Intelligence heroes usually have more mana to cast abilities and stronger spells than other classes. They tend to have low HP and low attack speed, but make up for it with their abilities and utility.

Carry/Offlane/Support/Mid are just suggested places you should put them. Carry tends to go to the top tower if Dire, bottom tower if Radiant and focuses on killing lane creeps to buy important items. Mid tends to be a bit more active, helping the side lanes win their lane by way of timely ganks, but sometimes just afk farm like Carries. Just depends on the hero you select and what they need to be effective. Offlane are the heroes that go to the opposite side that the Carry goes to. They either want to disrupt the enemy carry's ability to kill lane creeps or just safely get XP. They are usually not dependent on more than a couple of items to make a big impact throughout the game. Supports work to keep everyone safe and to help set up kills for the team. They protect the carry, secure runes (spawning every 2 minutes) , buy wards and courier, and try to be around when the team needs their specific skills to win a fight or save someone. There are other roles too, but that's enough to get ya started. Good luck and have fun.

Well it would help me to decide if I want to support a carry that has half the hero mmr of everyone else.

that's sort of the point. everyone has to start from somewhere. whether they have a high MMR with a hero or not, they'll still need support. if anything, it means you'll need to pick your *best* support because they'll need all the help you can give them.

Haly

Ryu in Dota 2 next I hope. We need a martial arts hero. And no, Tusk doesn't count.

All our weeaboo heroes use swords and whatnot.

docbon

i'm so ready for a Monk hero

Well, Sun Wukong was the 6.79 hidden quest boss in dota 1. The previous two bosses were Phoenix and Tauren Chieftain (Elder Titan). Difference is, they were added shortly after they made their appearance. But still, perhaps you'll get your wish (eventually).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom