• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

eS7i0p0.jpg

There are 87 HUDs in the game. Remaking them is not really an option. Even organizing the contributors to remake them is a difficult task. We're talking defunct tournaments, contributors who have long since left Dota, contributors who lost the original PSD files, and so on.

It's not comparable to Wraith King at all. He had 2 sets. And one of the contributors of a Skeleton King Set didn't even remake his, even when asked, and Valve just remade the cape, tinted the armor green, and called it a day. So 50% of the SK sets were redone by Valve, and kind of lazily.
Then the path of least resistance is in providing a toggle in Settings to switch to the legacy HUD and use legacy HUD skins. I think if they put the kind of design work into a 2.0 version in-game HUD that they've put into the new menu UI, most would be happy to move on. All HUDs released after the HUD update would be required to be designed for the new HUD, essentially depreciating the legacy HUD. It's still available for the 5 people that would want to continue using it and so that people won't feel jobbed by losing the ability to use HUD skins from events past...but nothing new would be created for the old HUD UI and a player using it may be missing out on new features.

Then maybe give content creators the opportunity to update their skins if they're still being sold. Hell, let them resell them too. That'd give content creators sufficient motivation if they think they will be at the tip of the spear when the new HUD redesign drops. Move existing skins to a new Legacy section in the store. Or again, let the community handle it. You think it might be complicated to manage...I say there's no rush so long as the legacy HUD is able to be toggled. It can take a couple of years to make HUD 2.0 equivalents of existing HUDs and it won't matter because people will still have access to the HUDs they paid for...if they really want to go back to the shitty 1.0 HUD.

It's really not that complicated, and everyone wins. Most importantly, we get a modern UI fit to carry the game into 2020. No core aspect of the UI or game should be allowed to become feature restricted by cosmetics. Ever. That's not an acceptable position to argue from and I think you know it.

Nah its great doing it from time to time, I sometimes have blocked every single creep camp whenever I get a jungler LC, so satisfying.
happytears.gif

So instead of letting him at least be useful and given the LC a chance you decide to spend money on wards to not give vision and give him 0 farm?
Do you know for a fact that he won't farm well? maybe he knows what he's doing and a better player than your pathetic ass.

You are an asshole and a useless member of the team.

pompidu

This game is much easier if everyone on your team is a carry. Really dont see the point of support hereos in this game. Once you gain map control you can just easily snowball.

So instead of letting him at least be useful and given the LC a chance you decide to spend money on wards to not give vision and give him 0 farm?
Do you know for a fact that he won't farm well? maybe he knows what he's doing and a better player than your pathetic ass.

You are an asshole and a useless member of the team.

I said I don't do it frequently (only in normal matchmaking as well), and only resort to this practices whenever the player will go kind of idle not responding to their teammates call for help, letting top lane go down for free, at that point I really don't care much about the game anymore, hell I have seen some still trying the jungle way when rax are getting smashed into pieces, and after all their team is dead they will go solo against a 5 hero push ;_;

But good to see you jumped straight into personal attacks.

Quesa

I remember when I told milk in mumble I was playing HotS for review and he gave a small amount of shit about it now he's fiending it smdh

ViviOggi

Stuff like going through the motions or afk jungling when you get abused by a 4-stack or something is one thing but actively ruining the game just because you don't like someone's pick/playstyle is a massive fucking dick move

Stuff like going through the motions or afk jungling when you get abused by a 4-stack or something is one thing but actively ruining the game just because you don't like someone's pick/playstyle is a massive fucking dick move

If they refuse to work with the team, then what is the point of even trying, if the rest of the team has given up because we get overwhelmed fighting 4 vs 5, then I wouldn't call me the one ruining the game, just messing around in a game that is already over.

ksan

Well, Sun Wukong was the 6.79 hidden quest boss in dota 1. The previous two bosses were Phoenix and Tauren Chieftain (Elder Titan). Difference is, they were added shortly after they made their appearance. But still, perhaps you'll get your wish (eventually).

I think new PL is basically Su Wukong, at least from what I've heard. So no monk hero =\

I have had this happened to me, no doubt it can be done, but it's more their attitude to the rest of his teammates more than his actions, and how he is a huge dick whenever anyone has the slight intention of saying a word to him, and sadly LC pickers are the ones I have had the least pleasant experiences with.

This game is much easier if everyone on your team is a carry. Really dont see the point of support hereos in this game. Once you gain map control you can just easily snowball.
We're not in 6.83 anymore, I'm not sure how you're supposed to snowball when none of your heroes do anything without farm. A 5 carry lineup is strong lategame, not early on.

What's up with all the anger and fighting since the announcement? It's sent people into rage mode and will only get worse if huds stop working as some are requesting.

Lol at Hylian giving camera advice to someone that hasn't even played. Just let the guy play and figure everything out first. The overall concept and objectives of the game are more important for a new person. I really feel he gets targeted but that was a topic he should have backed away from.

kvk1

It's true though. I think supporting matters a lot more in a game like HoTS.

HoTS basically requires you to use teamwork to win as you have to fight for those objectives.

DOTA it helps but not to the same degree at least playing as casual in QM.

inkls

HoTS basically requires you to use teamwork to win as you have to fight for those objectives.

pls no copypasterino

Trickster

I haven't played HOTS. But in my experience, supports matter a lot in Dota. Something as basic as placing wards properly will help out the team immensely.

for using the pyrion flax announcer ? yep, imo you should even go to jail at least

joke's on you couriers don't block spawns

Nah couriers are used to bait the enemy into the jungle. But like I said I don't do it very often.

Anyways where are immortals 3? This new update might be the reason they have been holding the chest for this long, these new immortals will probably make use of some new effects from the new engine, and if I had to bet the new desert themed thingy will do as well.

Fuck the servers. Everything is okay until 20 mins. It lags as hell its like a fucking slideshow.
rage.gif
rage.gif
rage.gif
I repeatedly have an issue where after awhile, heroes start walking in place, often times right when team fights start. It affected my last IHL matches. I had control of my hero for maybe 30% of fights. On my end, just moonwalking heroes. I wouldn't know for several seconds if I was dead or if a team fight was won or lost. Been like this for months. Issue only appears in Dota.

I repeatedly have an issue where after awhile, heroes start walking in place, often times right when team fights start. It affected my last IHL matches. I had control of my hero for maybe 30% of fights. On my end, just moonwalking heroes. I wouldn't know for several seconds if I was dead or if a team fight was won or lost. Been like this for months. Issue only appears in Dota.
I noticed there a lot of complaints on the servers but it only hit the sea server today.
all of my friends are experiencing it too.I hope valve will fix this or the reborn patch will be for nothing if we can't play.
rage.gif
cry.gif

Edit: What's the cause of the servers going crazy? Is it because of steam sale?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Guys, I now get a good ping in game, its only 70 instead of 150. I am so happy
happytears.gif

Now I just need a desk and I am in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom