• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomShoe

Banned
Anyone know when the new client comes out?

I've been playing League for 3 years now, I feel it's finally time to give DOTA a try.

next friday beta
post TI release
ideally
blush.gif

was the meta ever this good ?

the diversity of picks is huge, there are a few top picks that stick out but you see so many different drafts
I think some heroes still need some small buffs, and some aghs need to be reworked to be actually worth it, but 6.85 should be really close to perfection

meanwhile somewhere else

1434216904-1422557341598.jpg

dac15_fantastic.gif

I have a build that uses Vlads.

It's hilarious to see tbh

eventide's armor build wrecks face.

the diversity of picks is huge, there are a few top picks that stick out but you see so many different drafts
I think some heroes still need some small buffs, and some aghs need to be reworked to be actually worth it, but 6.85 should be really close to perfection
Still of the mind that this meta's early game is too fast. early 5 man should be weakened a bit imo.
All I want to do is hit creeps

I'm just glad we have more exciting matches now than the summit 3 matches.

I've played maybe 3 matches of League and just couldn't get into it, but I had no idea the meta was like that. I can't imagine Valve trying to force people into laning certain ways

What if some melee heroes got bigger attack range so they wouldn't get kited as easily(as well as adding more diversity to the heroes). It's kinda weird that Doom(and Tiny with aghs) is the only melee hero that has more than 128 attack range, I think it would be nice if heroes like Sven and LC(that both have huge weapons) could have like 170~ attack range.

buffing movespeed would be less confusing imo
let's keep doom as the exception

anyway sven/LC need gap closing, not chasing most of the time (OO and warcry are used for that), hence why the blink as a very common pickup on them

I've played maybe 3 matches of League and just couldn't get into it, but I had no idea the meta was like that. I can't imagine Valve trying to force people into laning certain ways

All the heroes are balanced around it, so it quickly becomes the norm. The only thing that really changes is lane swaps (putting your duo lane somewhere other than bot). Otherwise it's pretty stale.

Any tips for how best to use Raze?

Never used Shadow Fiend before, so never realised that each distance of Raze has a seperate key, each with its own cooldown. Thought it was much more spammable than that :p

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1550209238

What a great match, can't believe we hold that as long as we did. I tried my best pushing with octarine but it just wasn't enough for the burden AM put over us, was playing the hero for the first time can't blame him.

Funny thing is I always end up buying most of the wards no matter what hero i'm playing, be it venomancer or slark I just can't help it, i'm way too used to it.

what stops them trying 2 carries 2 supports in each lane?

Gold and xp distribution, along with extremely valuable jungle camps that provide critical buffs (big mana regen, increased damage, etc.) that you can't just give to the enemy for free.

You *have* to have a jungler or the enemy jungler will take all of those jungle camps, get huge items and shit on your team.

Gold and xp distribution, along with extremely valuable jungle camps that provide critical buffs (big mana regen, increased damage, etc.) that you can't just give to the enemy for free.

You *have* to have a jungler or the enemy jungler will take all of those jungle camps, get huge items and shit on your team.

ok, the jungle is far too alluring to give it up.

Teemo still plops on techies though

bbjKP.png

Can't even random, lol.

Yea unlike Dota, there is a very short list of right/viable items to buy for a given position. Maybe 8 offensive items total at each position. League is more about the race to build to those very similar items, and then the positioning and outplay in the team fighting that ensues along the way. As opposed to the additional chess match that is purchase and counter purchase in Dota.

ok, the jungle is far too alluring to give it up.

Teemo still plops on techies though

Only ultra-late game. Techies can murder people anywhere on the map all game long, giving Techies the potential to control the entire game. Teemo is largely irrelevant until he has like 3 offensive items. Even then, his "mines" are limited to like 3 on the map at any given time.

Wait, why would they even offer randoming as an option in Ranked if you're not supposed to use it?

No Fun League

that email he posted is 3 years old. I don't think Random is in Ranked anymore. If it is...I've never seen anyone hit it. Because people are in ranked to try hard.

I wish people would stop linking that post like it's still relevant. Riot has cut back on their policy on out-of-meta picks in the past few years.

bounchfx

Holy shot that Mirana wolf looks like a complete joke. The rest are surprisingly good compared to the older ones. I'm surprised by how many there are. Sure hope that artist is getting a good deal doing those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom