• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

jew

Banned
this 109 guy is really mean what qualifies him to speak this way to other people? are we not all equal under the constitution boys

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Fuck Milkman, naming this Space Dandy show before, now I'm sitting here marathoning the first season and won't be done until like 5am.

Kard8p3

thats not even true and you know it.

tears.gif

beautiful.

TUSR

Banned
Regarding the actual game itself, I appreciate that advice. I do have one question regarding that, and this is of course open to anyone, is pulling generally that important? The way you make it sound is like focus should be more on zoning and killing than pulling.

lane equilibrium is pretty important too, its not like you cant have both

Hylian7

lane equilibrium is pretty important too, its not like you cant have both

I would think it is a difficult thing to do, because that requires you to be out of lane for so long. You had over to stack at 40-ish, stack it, pull at the next 13-15, pull through if necessary, all while trying to get the XP and last hits out of the pull. This leaves your carry alone in lane, possibly getting bullied by the offlaner.

I would think it is a difficult thing to do, because that requires you to be out of lane for so long. You had over to stack at 40-ish, stack it, pull at the next 13-15, pull through if necessary, all while trying to get the XP and last hits out of the pull. This leaves your carry alone in lane, possibly getting bullied by the offlaner.

Thats why you use the quick message >pulling creeps so he backs a bit. While you are pulling the enemy creeps will be close/under tower so he can farm it safely.

Thanks! I ended up watching the russian vod since its not a 8 hours long vod (redbulll pls)

jew

Banned

pardon me friend but how do u stack at 40

docbon

Regarding the actual game itself, I appreciate that advice. I do have one question regarding that, and this is of course open to anyone, is pulling generally that important? The way you make it sound is like focus should be more on zoning and killing than pulling.

Very. Stacking and pulling denies your enemy an entire lane of creeps while moving lane equilibrium closer to your tower. Pulling your creeps through multiple camps to get yourself exp is useful too. Most important of all is knowing when to do both of the above, since it does open your carry to potential danger, and possibly excess tower damage.

When you're in lane you can also try to manipulate the enemy creep aggro to help deny your ranged creep too.

Hylian7

pardon me friend but how do u stack at 40
I meant walking over there from the lane to be there in time at 52-53. You aren't actually stacking at 40 but are effectively out of the lane.

Also, I wasn't going to say anything, but did you know someone out of this thread before you joined GAF?

jew

Banned
oh sorry it was late i couldn't a word read. your passage read similar to a passage from norton's anthology of old english literature for eng lit 144 b north irish and english literature pre industrial revolution. my bad amigo

Tworak

oh sorry it was late i couldn't a word read. your passage read similar to a passage from norton's anthology of old english literature for eng lit 144 b north irish and english literature pre industrial revolution. my bad amigo
best post in this thread. I feel enlightened in a way.

Acinixys

The way you make it sound is like focus should be more on zoning and killing than pulling.

If your creeps are at their tower or if your carry needs to last hit under tower because you are two vs a trilane then pull

Otherwise stack the jungle, gank mid/offlane, harass the enemy carry etc

If your carry is getting bullied by a solo offlaner who should have WAY less farm then your carry is shit and you should go steal his farm

Meeru?
Shugg?

Hylian7

If your creeps are at their tower or if your carry needs to last hit under tower because you are two vs a trilane then pull

Otherwise stack the jungle, gank mid/offlane, harass the enemy carry etc
Right, I've generally always followed that pull logic.

One thing I have trouble with is zoning the offlaner though. Usually people just say "positioning" but that always seems ambiguous to me. I always feel like when I play offlane, and a support knows how to zone me, they can almost always win out on the hit trade, and when the roles are reversed, my opponent still seems to win out on hit trade. What am I doing wrong here

Meeru?
Shugg?
I wasn't going to say it, but now that the cat's out of the bag... Yeah... I think so too.

kionedrik

One thing I have trouble with is zoning the offlaner though. Usually people just say "positioning" but that always seems ambiguous to me. I always feel like when I play offlane, and a support knows how to zone me, they can almost always win out on the hit trade, and when the roles are reversed, my opponent still seems to win out on hit trade. What am I doing wrong here

Don't aggro the creeps. You may want to try to start attacking him coming from your jungle and push him away from the creep wave and towards his tower. After that position yourself between the fighting creeps and him, and go into hiding at ~:15 and ~:45 when the new creep wave reaches the lane. Repeat.

If done correctly you can keep him at level 1 for 4 to 7 minutes, depending on runes and other factors.

You can even stack the big camp between harass sessions.

Acinixys

When you are supporting a carry vs a solo offlane you can super easily zone them away from the creeps

Especially with a hero like Lion

Get level 2 so you have Mana Drain and Stun

Auto them a few times, stun, suck, attack some more

You can play aggressively because if they go on you your carry can come in and lay down some DPS

Better yet just watch some pro player perspectives in game and skip all these chain of questions. Literally answers like 99% of your questions.

Now lets talk about how hype The Summit 3 will be with VG IG EG AND TS!

Hylian7

Why do these back and forths have to consume the entire fucking thread?

Ya'll can't just link Hylian some fucking videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ30wD4Mnm4

go watch, Hylian. The whole thing. Learn some shit. As should everyone looking to have a better understanding of how to support a carry in a lane.
It's on my watch later list. What's the beef with talking Dota advice in the Dota thread though? I mean it isn't something like complaining about teammates.

Better yet just watch some pro player perspectives in game and skip all these chain of questions. Literally answers like 99% of your questions.

No, it doesn't. Watching pro matches affords you the opportunity to see what people are doing, but it is often devoid of *why* they're doing it. The why is important and cannot always be inferred. It's better than nothing, but a decent video explaining why is worth more than 100 pro replays.

Do recommend the video linked. It offers a helluva lot of why and answers a lot of fundamental questions support players may/should have.

It's on my watch later list. What's the beef with talking Dota advice in the Dota thread though? I mean it isn't something like complaining about teammates.

You have been asking for advice for 2 pages now. Thats too much.
And most of it is answered by checking other dota sources like what dreams posted or by simply playing a little more and figuring stuff out on your own.

Artanisix

Space Dandy is a thing of beauty, baby.

"The way you make it sound is like focus should be more on zoning and killing than pulling."

There are so many factors to consider. These are general rules:

Dual lane against solo offlaner: zone out the offlaner so he gets no xp and your carry gets xp advantage
Dual lane against dual lane: stay in lane and zone as much as possible, unless your hero matchup doesn't let you do this. then pull
Dual lane against trilane: stay behind your carry and prepare to save him, only attempt to take pot shots at the enemy through fog or when they're occupied with something else
Trilane against solo offlaner: one support zones, the other pulls unless you can set up a kill
Trilane against dual lane: prioritize killing the enemy over and over with number advantage
Trilane against trilane: depends entirely on hero matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom