• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
mess a tad

z1P8siI.png

Renoir

Very. Stacking and pulling denies your enemy an entire lane of creeps while moving lane equilibrium closer to your tower. Pulling your creeps through multiple camps to get yourself exp is useful too. Most important of all is knowing when to do both of the above, since it does open your carry to potential danger, and possibly excess tower damage.

When you're in lane you can also try to manipulate the enemy creep aggro to help deny your ranged creep too.

Saving this channel. I'm going to need all the help I can get when I get back in the game.

Since we're talking about offlaning I am not very good at that, either. I'm not used to trying to soak exp/contest pulls vs a dual/tri-lane (although most of the time it's duo vs duo)

Acinixys

Justed finished watching iG vs Secret

In game 5 iGs Enigma and Witch Doctor did absolutely nothing of value

Enigma used 2 black holes in a 40 minute slug fest

If those two had been more involved I think iG could have taken the tournament

G.ZZZ

109 can u teach me too ??

p.s. i never pull tbh it's not worth anymore unless they've got a bad off and u got a strong trilane, in any other situation they get the xp anyway and u end up underleveled. Better to zone (pick shit like Sky, WD, Sile etc...) or roam (sky, pudge, ogre, venge, cm) or jungle (CM etc...).

I don't pull if the lane farmer is just autoattacking creeps anyway (which happens often).

I'd rather roam around and stack camps or get a kill in another lane, honestly.

I don't pull if the lane farmer is just autoattacking creeps anyway (which happens often).

I'd rather roam around and stack camps or get a kill in another lane, honestly.

The few times my carry has done this telling him to just last hit got him to stop auto attacking, so try that out. If they don't, steal their farm, most of the time they are too oblivious to even know that you're stealing farm.

Satch

Banned
The few times my carry has done this telling him to just last hit got him to stop auto attacking, so try that out. If they don't, steal their farm, most of the time they are too oblivious to even know that you're stealing farm.

do i tell you how to play your hero?

jajaja xaxaxa

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I was considering him but something didn't feel right about it.

I think his problem is that he is a static hero in the age of mobility. He's also a snowball hero that it's too hard to snowball with.
I agree, I wonder if maybe Blink Dagger is an underrated item on him? I never build it, but he's so easy to kite if astral is out of range.

do i tell you how to play your hero?

jajaja xaxaxa
For as much as I used to tell people what to do, I never got this. They usually listen even though I was probably not doing well myself, maybe it's because they're not confident in their skill(because potato tier) and will take any advice they can get.

I agree, I wonder if maybe Blink Dagger is an underrated item on him? I never build it, but he's so easy to kite if astral is out of range.

Most definitely an option, but if kiting is the issue Atos and/or Force usually do the job, Atos has huge range.

Edit: read sigs post wrong

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Most definitely an option, but if kiting is the issue Atos and/or Force usually do the job, Atos has huge range.

Hmm true. I do usually build Atos but I'm generally poor at remembering to use items a lot of the time. The thing with OD is that I feel bad not building any items that don't give me +mana or int, which I feel really reduces the number of items that I build.

kionedrik

My opinion is that blink is good on every hero, except QoP and AM, so he's no exception but you don't really want to rush it as a 1st, 2nd or even 3rd item.

He's all about intelligence. You need big int gap in order to do massive damage with your ult and you also want a big mana pool in order to maximize your orb damage. I think Force as #1 item is still the best option followed by either Atos, Aghs or Sheep.

I'd like to see astral get a little residual damage (10 for instance) just so it would disable the target's blink dagger. It would be a massive buff for OD.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The problem I guess is that it's not really an item you want to build if you're behind (since it doesn't give you +int) but if you're not behind then you probably aren't having trouble being kited?

Octarine Core isn't that good on him either imo, I thought it would be amazing but his attack speed is too low to make the lifesteal from his orb worthwhile. The reduced cooldown is obviously nice though.

I thought this might be OD's patch but I'm not so sure, there's lots of int heroes running around which is great in lane but it makes his ult hit much less hard.

kionedrik

The problem I guess is that it's not really an item you want to build if you're behind (since it doesn't give you +int) but if you're not behind then you probably aren't having trouble being kited?

Octarine Core isn't that good on him either imo, I thought it would be amazing but his attack speed is too low to make the lifesteal from his orb worthwhile. The reduced cooldown is obviously nice though.

I thought this might be OD's patch but I'm not so sure, there's lots of int heroes running around which is great in lane but it makes his ult hit much less hard.

He's in a weird spot. You don't really want him safelaning instead of another "real" carry. He can mid but he feels too lackluster atm. He can't offlane at all.

I thought about trying him as a #4 sometime ago. Astral can be used to set-up other stuns and is useful as an harassing tool against an offlaner (no mana for you!). He's also a good mek carrier so building Greaves on him wouldn't be a waste. He's naturally fast (315 if I'm not mistaken) so he could work in a roaming duo. The passive is also a great team ability. It can be a totally stupid idea but I might try going #4 with GG, Force and Atos one day.

In the 5 grand final games in Red Bull Battlegrounds, 27 different heroes were picked. I actually don't know if that's more compared to BO5's in other patches but I think it's an impressive amount of variety.

Most picked heroes were Dazzle, Dark Seer, Visage and Shadow Fiend, each with 3 picks. Out of those heroes Dazzle had a 100% winrate.

What I found odd was that Lina got completely ignored,but I guess neither team really plays Lina mid.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
He's in a weird spot. You don't really want him safelaning instead of another "real" carry. He can mid but he feels too lackluster atm. He can't offlane at all.

I thought about trying him as a #4 sometime ago. Astral can be used to set-up other stuns and is useful as an harassing tool against an offlaner (no mana for you!). He's also a good mek carrier so building Greaves on him wouldn't be a waste. He's naturally fast (315 if I'm not mistaken) so he could work in a roaming duo. The passive is also a great team ability. It can be a totally stupid idea but I might try going #4 with GG, Force and Atos one day.

Greaves are only giving you a self purge though, because his aura means mana is not a concern. That seems like a lot of money just for that, idk.

inkls

OD is a really strong 1v1 hero and he needs levels, why would you safelane him?

kionedrik

Greaves are only giving you a self purge though, because his aura means mana is not a concern. That seems like a lot of money just for that, idk.

When I first imagined it GG didn't exist so my original idea was only Mek, which is perfectly fine. GG is just a natural evolution. You can get them only after your main items.

My original idea was: Brown Boots, Mek, Force, Atos

OD is a really strong 1v1 hero and he needs levels, why would you safelane him?

I said safelaning him is wasteful.

Sadly being strong 1v1 and having a strong laning presence isn't enough. His team fight contribution if he's in equal or lower footing as the enemy's mid/carry is mediocre (besides dropping the ult bomb, which can lead to nothing).

i'm not a good OD player, not even close to it, but even pickoffs seem hard with him. More often than not I need help from a second player to kill a simple support.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
When I first imagined it GG didn't exist so my original idea was only Mek, which is perfectly fine. GG is just a natural evolution. You can get them only after your main items.

My original idea was: Brown Boots, Mek, Force, Atos

That's ~3300 gold just for a self purge though...surely there's some 3200 gold utility item you'd rather have...

I said safelaning him is wasteful.

Sadly being strong 1v1 and having a strong laning presence isn't enough. His team fight contribution if he's in equal or lower footing as the enemy's mid/carry is mediocre (besides dropping the ult bomb, which can lead to nothing).

i'm not a good OD player, not even close to it, but even pickoffs seem hard with him. More often than not I need help from a second player to kill a simple support.

I usually find that you don't want to be the initiator in a fight, but that if you get initiated on (and not killed) and can Astral yourself, it gives time for your team to turn up, then you can drop the hammer and clear them up with your orb.

Pratfall

Dazzle is very good this patch. Most games have at least two sustained team fights within the first 15-20 minutes and dazzle is the king of those engagements.

People pile on Hylian for being bad at the game

and I'm just sitting here at 1.7k

This is why I will never post links to my Dotabuff, I can't handle real talk about how much I suck

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
People pile on Hylian for being bad at the game

and I'm just sitting here at 1.7k

This is why I will never post links to my Dotabuff, I can't handle real talk about how much I suck

i suck too but i don't let it get in the way of having iconic opinions

ViviOggi

random lc into maapo + troll no repickerino, 33 min blink vlads 2 duel stacks, enemy keeps throwing like idiots before taking rax but team is too fucking dumb to ever respect numbers and takes 3v5, 4v5+aegis fights all day until they can finally throne in one go

gyro respawning in 30 sec they're dealing 1 damage per minute to rax wait for him????? no gotta blast all our ults on maapo not even get aegis and die wp wp

kionedrik

That's ~3300 gold just for a self purge though...surely there's some 3200 gold utility item you'd rather have...

Might as well get Euls in this case

Cheaper and gives you way more utility + INT for damage

It's a nice idea. The +int isn't really the issue since I'm not building him for damage (Sanity's Eclipse), it's an idea more geared towards utility. I'm currently torn between GG, Eul's and Glimer Cape. Maybe someday when I get the courage and opportunity to try it I'll find an answer.

I usually find that you don't want to be the initiator in a fight, but that if you get initiated on (and not killed) and can Astral yourself, it gives time for your team to turn up, then you can drop the hammer and clear them up with your orb.

What I meant was that his team fighting abilities aren't that impressive, especially when compared with other top picks mids like QoP, Storm, BM, etc..

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What I meant was that his team fighting abilities aren't that impressive, especially when compared with other top picks mids like QoP, Storm, BM, etc..

Hmm. I think in the right situation his team fight abilities are absolutely devastating. People always say that he ruins int mids but if you pick him into a strength or low int hero heavy lineup your ult will fry them; lategame you can easily oneshot a carry like Ursa if you get ahead.

M.D

damn, secret won? i was watching a bit of game 4 and it looked like IG had the lead, i assumed they were going to take the series

congratz to secret on their first lan win
the event and online qualifiers were really fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom