• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.
... want... hats...

THE HATS WITHDRAWAL IS TOO MUCH
burn.gif

Thinking about the majors system, assuming that every event will be like DAC and have compendiums and immortals and crowdfunded prizepools, would this lead to a lower prizepool for TI6 itself?

It's probably better for the scene if the money was more evenly spread around, but the big numbers around TI might be necessary to bring in outside eyeballs.

Thinking about the majors system, assuming that every event will be like DAC and have compendiums and immortals and crowdfunded prizepools, would this lead to a lower prizepool for TI6 itself?

It's probably better for the scene if the money was more evenly spread around, but the big numbers around TI might be necessary to bring in outside eyeballs.

I dont think so. People are already paying for several tourny ticket bundles that are not DAC level. They will just focus spending it on the ones that get the majors deal.

shira

The DAC immortals were not 100% Valve made. Look at the quality between Soul Diffuser and the DAC furion stuck

Valve will save all the gamebreaking sparklies for TI and would probably do something like 5% of the major prizepool goes to TI or some bullshit.

I dont think so. People are already paying for several tourny ticket bundles that are not DAC level. They will just focus spending it on the ones that get the majors deal.

No they are not. D2CL5 and Redbull did next to nothing since TI compendiums came out

Arcane boots are actually worth buying now. I was playing brown boots/tranquils with soul ring last patch since arcane didn't give me the sustain. Now you can get mana booster for 900 gold and it upgrades with mek, another item I had stopped buying too, for a really good item for supports thanks to the sustain plus self-purge to remove silences/slows and other shit like track/minus armor.

age of ultron had good reviews and that was probably the worst movie I've seen in the last 5 years
I saw it yesterday. I wouldn't call it bad but i certainly wouldn't call it good... or even mediocre. I couldn't tell you the story if I tried.

actual spoilers

computer gains sentience thanks to iron man and evil staff. wants to blow up world because reasons and lives on the Internet? wants human body to evolve (not how evolution works) but avengers steal it and put the evil gem in it and now it's a normal human made of metal and is a good guy and grows a cape? oh and thor took a hot tub because of mind control dream and learns... i dunno what he learns. then some poor eastern European village turns into a meteor and avengers save the day

I think? I dunno there were tons of things that made me wonder what the hell happened or something was unresolved.

whatever standard marvel action flick I knew what I was getting into I never really enjoy them

Big Dog

I've not seen a single marvel film.

Well then you are missing out on some really good films on an individual level like the first Iron Man and Captain America 2: Winter Soldier. Really cool plots and can work on their own with no other material.

Everyone should be going to see Mad Max though this weekend. Has perfect scores so far on Rotten Tomatoes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the first avengers is the best marvel studios film tbQh

although spider-man 2 remains unbothered as the best superhero movie

I saw it yesterday. I wouldn't call it bad but i certainly wouldn't call it good... or even mediocre. I couldn't tell you the story if I tried.

actual spoilers

computer gains sentience thanks to iron man and evil staff. wants to blow up world because reasons and lives on the Internet? wants human body to evolve (not how evolution works) but avengers steal it and put the evil gem in it and now it's a normal human made of metal and is a good guy and grows a cape? oh and thor took a hot tub because of mind control dream and learns... i dunno what he learns. then some poor eastern European village turns into a meteor and avengers save the day

I think? I dunno there were tons of things that made me wonder what the hell happened or something was unresolved.

whatever standard marvel action flick I knew what I was getting into I never really enjoy them

Ultron "realized" that the only way that he can save humanity is by forcing it to evolve but instead of waiting for an act of god(like the meteor making dinosaurs extinct) he wanted to do it himself.

The gem isn't evil, it's just powerful, apparently Thor saw in his vision that he had to make Vision happen, I don't know.

Thor learned what Thanos' plan is in that hot tub thing, but that was never really explained, they just put that in there so they can go "SEE IT'S ALL CONNECTED" even though it didn't fit in with the rest of the movie at all.

Compendium challenges are making games so stupid.

Yep, I was playing with a Luna who sold all his stuff because he needed to get hand of midas before 12 mins to complete challenge, so dumb.

Also thanks to everyone who advised against going battlefury, did so much better now and could contribute a whole lot more into the teamfights, cheers.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1465842062

I agree, that Outworld build is disgusting afk, octarine on him is nasty.

The biggest problem with Age of Ultron is that Ultron himself is almost an afterthought.

Should have been named "Age of Inifinity Stones featuring Mean Robot Man."

Acinixys

Ugh I guess I'll have to watch Mad Max now

Almost everyone I know said it looked dumb in trailers so I'll have to start convincing people.

Your everyone are idiots

Have they even watched a Mad Max movie before?

Its all about the cars and the crazies. I want explosions and a 3 hour desert car chase scene

Also thanks to everyone who advised against going battlefury, did so much better now and could contribute a whole lot more into the teamfights, cheers.

goodjob.gif

Artanisix

"age of ultron had good reviews and that was probably the worst movie I've seen in the last 5 years"

mad max isn't marvel trash

the only good marvel movie involved starlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom