• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Sera

by the looks of that post, it looks like the meepo immortal turns him into
latest

makes me wish I had any micro ability to play meepo

Kade

Which hero has the angriest/most irritated/loudest "IT'S NOT TIME YET?" cooldown response? I need this for personal reasons.

DrPizza

Banned
Which hero has the angriest/most irritated/loudest "IT'S NOT TIME YET?" cooldown response? I need this for personal reasons.

I remember Viper has a very annoyed "No mana" sound. Most of the heroes have good "not time yet" sounds if you mash the key enough.

rexor0717

F U C K

T E C H I E S
I've won multiple games against techies before the horn just by buying sentries and TPing to the safelane before the game even beings. The Techies are always confused and proceed to either DC, feed a kill, or be completely ineffectual for the game.

Pretty sure that would be Troll Warlord, that mofo threatens to kill you, can't get any more angrier than that. But he sounds angry when saying anything so I don't think it counts.

i wasnt able to check this before now, but the compendium literally says immortal treasure 2 isnt even finished yet

valve what the heck man

ANYWYAS

for the immortal vote i went:

slardar
lich
shadow demon
jakiro
elder titan
tusk
meepo
tree
zeus
storm
kotl
centaur
aa
bloodseeker
dazzle
wisp

mostly just picking the underdog wherever possible

Zeknurn

Yeah I think I'm in shadow lpq now. Got a Wraith King that was level 1 at 6 minutes and a Tusk that kept snow balling into their tower.

Time to stop playing for the night.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
i wasnt able to check this before now, but the compendium literally says immortal treasure 2 isnt even finished yet

valve what the heck man

ANYWYAS

slardar
lich
shadow demon
jakiro
elder titan
tusk
meepo
tree
zeus
storm
kotl
centaur
aa
bloodseeker
dazzle
wisp

That doesn't mean anything. Everything says that unless it's released.

Big Dog

valve what the heck man

ANYWYAS

slardar
lich
shadow demon
jakiro
elder titan
tusk
meepo
tree
zeus
storm
kotl
centaur
aa
bloodseeker
dazzle
wisp

Maybe it was a typo, but it's an Arcana vote. Not immortal...

right, right, thats what i meant

That doesn't mean anything. Everything says that unless it's released.

i dont think so, immortal treasure 3 says 'items will be released when the stretch goal has been achieved'

immortal treasure 2 used to say that, but now it says 'this reward has been unlocked and will be available as soon as the dota team puts the finishing touches on it'

gai_shain

valve what the heck man

ANYWYAS

slardar
lich
shadow demon
jakiro
elder titan
tusk
meepo
tree
zeus
storm
kotl
centaur
aa
bloodseeker
dazzle
wisp

no visage? damn you!

Trickster

Honestly Valve's handling of the compendium and associated rewards is pretty damn pathetic. Leveling up the compendium is virtually impossible outside of pumping raw money into it, and even after doing that, you don't even get the rewards once you hit the stretchgoals set up in the compendium. And meanwhile Valve is completely unresponsive on the matter.

Hylian7

Honestly Valve's handling of the compendium and associated rewards is pretty damn pathetic. Leveling up the compendium is virtually impossible outside of pumping raw money into it, and even after doing that, you don't even get the rewards once you hit the stretchgoals set up in the compendium. And meanwhile Valve is completely unresponsive on the matter.

If you own a compendium you still get SOMETHING, you just get extra stuff if you level up. I don't see the problem here.

Kopite

Yep, I was playing with a Luna who sold all his stuff because he needed to get hand of midas before 12 mins to complete challenge, so dumb.

Also thanks to everyone who advised against going battlefury, did so much better now and could contribute a whole lot more into the teamfights, cheers.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1465842062

I agree, that Outworld build is disgusting afk, octarine on him is nasty.
Yep, got laughed at for deciding not to go for bf when I play PA, but I've been doing pretty well. Clearing stacks is harder though. My PA build is now generally Treads>Helm>Basher

ViviOggi

Someone didn't buy last year's compendium

They've been reasonably quick delivering the stretch rewards this time around, disregarding the weekend we've only waited one day for treasure #2

manfestival

I feel like I have gotten pretty good at picking game breaking combos. Granted it requires some luck and a gameplan but it is always nice to build around a good ult if you manage to nab one

Big Dog

Ummm were you here for TI4 and those stretch goals? Those sure as HELL did not come out anywhere near the times they were unlocked. Valve has CLEARLY learned from their mistakes with last year and so far have released every single reward within 1-2 days of being unlocked besides the 2nd Immortal chest. No room for complaining at this point. In Valve time the Dota team is moving at light speed for punctuality.

I will agree though that it is a bit silly that there isn't any way to level compendiums outside of paying. This is the only game I play so I don't mind spending money here that would have been spent on other video games, but for some I can see why they want the points through gameplay.

Hylian7

Why do these back and forths have to consume the entire fucking thread?

Ya'll can't just link Hylian some fucking videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ30wD4Mnm4

go watch, Hylian. The whole thing. Learn some shit. As should everyone looking to have a better understanding of how to support a carry in a lane.

I had this playing in the background while working, occasionally flipping over to it to see what was going on and actually just the audio taught me a lot more than I expected.

One question though: They said in an aggro tri in this video, you're supposed to be getting XP from kills. Now obviously at the same time, a coach of an enemy team would be saying "Okay don't die" in that scenario, so what if you can't manage to make any kills happen because the offlaner plays too safely for you in that situation? Without levels it feels like smoking mid would be incredibly difficult unless the mid is something that can really help secure a kill.

I had this playing in the background while working, occasionally flipping over to it to see what was going on and actually just the audio taught me a lot more than I expected.

One question though: They said in an aggro tri in this video, you're supposed to be getting XP from kills. Now obviously at the same time, a coach of an enemy team would be saying "Okay don't die" in that scenario, so what if you can't manage to make any kills happen because the offlaner plays too safely for you in that situation? Without levels it feels like smoking mid would be incredibly difficult unless the mid is something that can really help secure a kill.
You stack the jungle. Farm from pulls. You only get exp from kills in an aggro tri, although not necessarily it depends on the objective of the aggro tri. Sometimes the objective is just to break even and slow down a carry's farm.

Why would there be an aggro tri vs an offlaner? You're a bit confused.

Edit 3: In the case of an aggro tri vs a safelaner, you generally dive them for kills, then kill the tower.

Wok

Guys, now we have access to APM if we pay Dotabuff.

Apparently, I am not a clicker.

fdgPWGB.png

We have just launched a new Truesight statistic showing APM (Actions per Minute). It is using new data, and is NOT retroactive on old games.

APM includes most actions and unit orders in the game.
It does NOT include:
- Pings on the minimap
- Browsing the shop interface (it does include purchases)
- Typing in chat, or chatwheel actions
- Checking score screens or going through menus such as changing keybinds
- Camera Orders

Additionally 1 ability cast = 1 action regardless of if the player uses quickcast or traditional cast

http://www.dotabuff.com/topics/2015-05-11-new-truesight-statistic-apm-actions-per-minute

Hylian7

You stack the jungle. Farm from pulls. You only get exp from kills in an aggro tri, although not necessarily it depends on the objective of the aggro tri. Sometimes the objective is just to break even and slow down a carry's farm.

Why would there be an aggro tri vs an offlaner? You're a bit confused.

Edit 3: In the case of an aggro tri vs a safelaner, you generally dive them for kills, then kill the tower.

Makes sense, I guess just the idea of pushing a tower without much levels makes me a little nervous in general.

Guys, now we have access to APM if we pay Dotabuff.

Apparently, I am not a clicker.

fdgPWGB.png

http://www.dotabuff.com/topics/2015-05-11-new-truesight-statistic-apm-actions-per-minute

I'm not really sure what the point of APM is in Dota. I mean it doesn't play like an RTS game, so it's not about action efficiency all over the map at once. It's more like some less APM actions are more meaningful in Dota. I mean I guess it's just a fun stat for no real reason, but still I don't get the point of it.

Wok

I'm not really sure what the point of APM is in Dota. I mean it doesn't play like an RTS game, so it's not about action efficiency all over the map at once. It's more like some less APM actions are more meaningful in Dota. I mean I guess it's just a fun stat for no real reason, but still I don't get the point of it.

At the end of the day, we will have stats about average APM per hero, per player, etc. and maybe there will be something interesting to say about this.

So far, I agree with you, it is just a fun stat. I was surprised to discover that I did 88 APM. I would have expected less than an action per second.

Shinypogs

Finally played ranked for the first time in a year. We won and I am now a pathetic 1298 mmr. The climb to 3k is going to be brutal I'm sure :(

Hylian7

Maybe not reset everyone but if you take a break from the game you should have to recalibrate.

Honestly I like the Hearthstone approach, except maybe every month is too frequent for Dota. I think they should do an MMR reset for every patch though, or 4 montths, or something. So many factors go into changes over time like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom