• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 BETA 2 |OT10| Reborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

idk bro this is the best patch launch in a loooong time and this is coming from someone who has played through 8+ years of hon/dota patches

In fact, 6.84 will probably go down as my favorite dota patch of all time, opinions guna opinion tobear.

This patch is great.

JC Sera

tbh Every patch I feel like the game is getting better, and I feel like we're always getting closer to the perfect sweet spot
too bad we're on a log graph of progress and that sweet spot is the axis

last better be Rave!

not like this gaben

rage.gif

Hylian7

http://www.twitch.tv/hylian7

Streaming but going to try something a bit different.

I'm going to random.*

In ranked.

And learn whatever I get.

MMR and games may be lost.

But dammit I will learn something.

HERE WE GO.

*As long as I'm first or second random, after that it isn't worth randoming as it is just going to fuck over the team comp for sure.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
idk bro this is the best patch launch in a loooong time and this is coming from someone who has played through 8+ years of hon/dota patches

In fact, 6.84 will probably go down as my favorite dota patch of all time, opinions guna opinion tobear.

okay well to be serious for a second,

i've only played since 6.82

being a very new player, the improvement that i made in dota, such that it was, was in learning what kinds of things i was supposed to be doing in the lane, and mostly as a support--pulling, warding, harassing, and occasionally ganking

now the laning phase in pub games is completely different. everyone is bloodthirsty. aggro trilanes seem to be the new normal and every few minutes they will rotate the entire team to your lane and try to dive the tower. there's no time to pull because the second they sense that you're near that camp they're either going to dive your carry or come find you.

basically all of the things that i learned in 6.82&3 are now irrelevant in half of the games i play in 6.84. it's frustrating and confusing for me because i don't have something like, 'oh this is the meta again', where i remember what i did before. i just have, 'okay well this is nothing like 6.82'. it's like relearning dota again. and that's compounded by the fact that it seems like every single game is a stomp now. losing four or five games in a row to teams that just five man around the map for 20 minutes, control your jungle, and basically act like bots, is not fun to me because it's nothing like what i'm used to.

i hope i get used to it. sometimes it feels like i do and then i play another game where they just trash me and it's like, welp, this sucks.

Mohasus

I'm going to random.*

In ranked.

HERE WE GO.

*As long as I'm first or second random, after that it isn't worth randoming as it is just going to fuck over the team comp for sure.

you'll learn that people will blame you for your pick even if you random undying and win agaisnt a trilane. it will be your fault if your team loses because you randomed, gg random report i'll feed.

TUSR

Banned

I'm going to random.*

In ranked.

HERE WE GO.

random in unranked, it will be roughly a billion times less stressful

Hylian7

you'll learn that people will blame you for your pick even if you random undying and win agaisnt a trilane. it will be your fault if your team loses because you randomed, gg random report i'll feed.

Yeah I have the mute button/just ignoring them at the ready just for this.

okay well to be serious for a second,

i've only played since 6.82

being a very new player, the improvement that i made in dota, such that it was, was in learning what kinds of things i was supposed to be doing in the lane, and mostly as a support--pulling, warding, harassing, and occasionally ganking

now the laning phase in pub games is completely different. everyone is bloodthirsty. aggro trilanes seem to be the new normal and every few minutes they will rotate the entire team to your lane and try to dive the tower.
there's no time to pull because the second they sense that you're near that camp they're either going to dive your carry or come find you.

basically all of the things that i learned in 6.82&3 are now irrelevant in half of the games i play in 6.84. it's frustrating and confusing for me because i don't have something like, 'oh this is the meta again', where i remember what i did before. i just have, 'okay well this is nothing like 6.82'. it's like relearning dota again. and that's compounded by the fact that it seems like every single game is a stomp now. losing four or five games in a row to teams that just five man around the map for 20 minutes, control your jungle, and basically act like bots, is not fun to me because it's nothing like what i'm used to.

i hope i get used to it. sometimes it feels like i do and then i play another game where they just trash me and it's like, welp, this sucks.

This I will agree. I was playing the other day then suddenly there were 4 enemy heroes in the lane at 6 mins. Maybe I was just too used to high skill level games since no one ever tp there.

BeesEight

The hell is wrong with the servers?

Queued twice and both at the horn said that the match won't be counted due to network conditions. One team always immediately leaves. I mean, I can understand that it "doesn't matter" but I don't queue for ranked anyway.

I just want to get IH practice
Emoticon_sad.gif

Also, sad VP got in over NiP. I didn't really think NiP had a chance but I like their name more.

rexor0717

I'm loving this patch. So many viable options for supports and support items. The increase in AOE kill gold also makes my life better.

TUSR

Banned
i had rave over vp

what a fucking mistake, i had vp in there and changed at the last minute

now give us immortal chest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom