• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

So, as discussed a page or two back, I tried skipping Vlads on AM and going straight for Manta after Bfury. It didn't work out too well. Even with a PMS, I wasn't healing fast enough between ganks, teamfights and farming.

Alright and the results are in!

The winner of the International 3 Grand Finals Item is Artanisix! It looks great man, please do a full series of all the heroes.

iFvNAsX.png

2nd prize goes to Boken, because I have a thing for Moe Windrunners!

And third goes to BraXzy because of the awesome composition!

To Artanisix and BraXzy, please add me at Steam (steamcommunity.com/id/ehsan) for your prizes. Boken, tell me which item that you're interested in, either the Whale Blade or Unusual Speed Demon :)

And to the rest, thanks for joining! Sorry I can't give everyone prizes :(

BraXzy

Yay I won something, thanks for offering a bit of fun into the thread. I may host one, though I doubt the prizes will be as good. I'll add you now :)

Shinypogs

Yay I won something, thanks for offering a bit of fun into the thread. I may host one, though I doubt the prizes will be as good. I'll add you now :)

Do it, I wanna have more collab fun with my friend while I try to explain to her who the hell they are drawing/ why I want to collab with them.

Hellish

Drafted greedy as hell ended up being one of the most fun games of Dota I have played yet

Thought their draft screamed aggressive so we went dual lane mid, clinkz solo safe, bat jungle, bh offlane, lost all our towers and mid racks then come back

3oxHLZ7.jpg

I know there are some of you guys that go in and watch the games that all get posted here feel free to tell him how many times I messed up, I know I am pretty bad still and make tons of mistakes.

Dahbomb

So, as discussed a page or two back, I tried skipping Vlads on AM and going straight for Manta after Bfury. It didn't work out too well. Even with a PMS, I wasn't healing fast enough between ganks, teamfights and farming.
Make Tranquil boots then. With RoH from the BF plus Tranq Boots that should be more than enough regen in between stuff. Also always carry a TP as Anti Mage.

sixghost

This is a stupid question, but is the hero selection in All Random in any way weighted? Maybe I've just been getting extremely lucky, but seemingly 60% of the time I get a hero in my top 10 most played.

JustinBB7

Drafted greedy as hell ended up being one of the most fun games of Dota I have played yet

Thought their draft screamed aggressive so we went dual lane mid, clinkz solo safe, bat jungle, bh offlane, lost all our towers and mid racks then come back

3oxHLZ7.jpg

I know there are some of you guys that go in and watch the games that all get posted here feel free to tell him how many times I messed up, I know I am pretty bad still and make tons of mistakes.

Dat CK block pick.

Nymerio

I think I'm done again with All Pick. It's either people randoming or waiting for you to pick so they can counter pick you. Back to single draft for me.

I really enjoy playing Slark though, does anyone have any tips for me? I've played with the top rated build so far, it's called "Jumpy Jumpy" or something. You basically go Treads -> MoC -> Skull Basher.

Atlantis

a3QXDgL.png

This game was hilarious, I probably should have gone scepter at some point since they had so much physical damage.

Speaking of which, GHOST SCEPTER IS THE BEST ITEM IN THE GAME.

How is Spirit Breaker not the most overpowered motherfucker in this game? I just went a match where I killed him four times in the early game, get fed as a carry, just to have him come chargin' at me ten minutes later and take my fed ass from 100% to death in less than five seconds. Ridiculous. Why was he even buffed in the 6.78 patch? Beyond me.

geetec

Neo Member
Awwwhhh~ sucks I didn't win but what can I say, you guys did an awesome job!

Thanks to Flutter, and congratulations to the guys that won :)

AWWWWW YAY!!!!!

I wasn't actually expecting to win but now I'm very happy. Maybe I should hold my own contest and make it dota erotica stories.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ellenpudge/ is my account, added you.

Damn man, you must be over the moon. First the GaintBomb tourny and now this?!?

Artanisix, you just beat life my man.

ElyrionX

How is Spirit Breaker not the most overpowered motherfucker in this game? I just went a match where I killed him four times in the early game, get fed as a carry, just to have him come chargin' at me ten minutes later and take my fed ass from 100% to death in less than five seconds. Ridiculous. Why was he even buffed in the 6.78 patch? Beyond me.

Which hero were you using?

This was a terrible but hilarious game. I got sent offlane solo against Huskar and Omni-Knight, with Enchantress jungling nearby and ended up out-carrying pretty much my entire team.

69CE32CDD508A386CAE49B26A600DB2D0466A916

Anteo

That particular game was Phantom Assassin.

Just like Void, Troll Warlod Slardar, he is proficient at soloing heroes, in particular those that have evasion as one of their assets or part of their build cause great bash goes through evasion (the attack may miss but you get bashed anyways) in a 5v5 fight PA should be able to kill 3 enemis team before SB takes a second kill.

Edit: Also he was buffed because he was inieficient at what he did. He is supposed to get kills and snowball but needed that buff to do it properly, even then I believe he is still underpowered (but buffing him up = MM domination). He is picked a lot on MM because most players at lower mm levels cant play as a team.

BeBen

Banned
Sigh, tried playing earlier, single draft popped up and i chose Weaver

8-12% packet loss making the game stutter every 3 seconds like clockwork, literally unplayable, impossible to CS etc

Now it keeps doing it every game regardless of server or game type, never happened before and i've played yesterday and didn't do anything special between those two days

I have no ideas what's going on

Gritesh

Sigh, tried playing earlier, single draft popped up and i chose Weaver

8-12% packet loss making the game stutter every 3 seconds like clockwork, literally unplayable, impossible to CS etc

Now it keeps doing it every game regardless of server or game type, never happened before and i've played yesterday and didn't do anything special between those two days

I have no ideas what's going on

Clockwork has a stutter now?

"Ra-ra-ra-ra-rattle trap."
"Ta-ta-ta-tin can ba-ba-battle pla-plan."

Or whatever he says

Arkanius

ALL ARE HEALED.
I love it when I random Chen and my team says "gg Chen. worse than meepo"

I really find Chen easy to play as. It's just a matter of microing the creeps, because his skillset is very linear.

Such a bummer I missed out on the TI3. Do we have any concrete numbers now? Also, I wonder how the SC2 WSC regional finals fared against it. Did it get stomped lol

ALL ARE HEALED.
I love it when I random Chen and my team says "gg Chen. worse than meepo"

I really find Chen easy to play as. It's just a matter of microing the creeps, because his skillset is very linear.

wattttttttt? I agree he is harder to play than Meepo. I enjoy playing as him though. Persuading various creeps is fun. I hate it though when all of my creatures die and I have to scour the jungle again for 3 neutrals...

ALso, why is Dragonblood Ravager priced soooo high? Did it come on a limited edition chest or something?

Giggzy

What do you folks use for keybinds? I've been using the default binds since I'm new but I'm sure there are much more efficient keys to use. Any tips?

Arkanius

What do you folks use for keybinds? I've been using the default binds since I'm new but I'm sure there are much more efficient keys to use. Any tips?

I use the default keybinds Valve gives you with the new settings (ZXCVBN for items and QWER for skills) with a few diferences.

Spacebar is stop/hold, Mouse4 is "Missing" (Chatwheel) and Mouse5 is "Stun now"

Gritesh

I love to counter a sb as disruptor if you have good wards and map awareness you can glimpse him all the way back to where he came from

dorkimoe

Stupid ass steam support

Their response to them selling TI3 keys even after the chests expired "dont worry it will change into a regular key"

OH GEE THANKS! Cant wait to open a juggernaut chest!

BigAT

I had a game last night where a guy on the other team spent the last 20 minutes of the game complaining that I was CLEARLY using an "entangle hack" on Lone Druid. Here is a bit of a best of:

nmqV42V.jpg

"MY FRIEND GOT BANNED FOR 7 YEARS" is probably my favorite. The sad part is, his team was up 7500 gold/XP on us and he had a better GPM than me when he started complaining. It made our victory even sweeter.

Stupid ass steam support

Their response to them selling TI3 keys even after the chests expired "dont worry it will change into a regular key"

OH GEE THANKS! Cant wait to open a juggernaut chest!
What would you like them to say?

Sorry you didn't beat the deadline?

Edit: I like his math on the chances of ten entangles in a row.

JustinBB7

Spirit Breaker is so fun to play. I did the SB/Naix combo a couple of times. Just kept yoloing all over the place with lifestealer inside me. So funny.

Edit: Dat entangle hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom