• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

vac

Neo Member
6RaUAYY.jpg

Looks like a god damn Power Rangers villain.

bounchfx

got my prints made to give away during my showcase station on monday:

CLHFn_YUMAAui-i.jpg

I got buttons coming tomorrow as well, 4-5 different kinds I think. I didn't get a ton of stuff this year but it should be enough for my station.

Also, bad news, got an email this morning and they said they cancelled the item scanning/giveaways. I hope they find a way to fix it before the event, but it sounds like it's a no go. :( This is like the fourth time this TI valve has said there would be something cool for the workshoppers and then cancelled or changed their minds after. D'oh.

Is the new tactic on crystal maiden to pull radiant mid hard camp and jungle while your melee carry solos bot?

Literally the stupidest shit I've seen and it's happened like three times now. Is this the new cliff prophet?

Is the new tactic on crystal maiden to pull radiant mid hard camp and jungle while your melee carry solos bot?

Literally the stupidest shit I've seen and it's happened like three times now. Is this the new cliff prophet?

better than doing nothing in lane, she's horseshit at harassing anyways

JC Sera

CLHFn_YUMAAui-i.jpg

I got buttons coming tomorrow as well, 4-5 different kinds I think. I didn't get a ton of stuff this year but it should be enough for my station.

Also, bad news, got an email this morning and they said they cancelled the item scanning/giveaways. I hope they find a way to fix it before the event, but it sounds like it's a no go. :( This is like the fourth time this TI valve has said there would be something cool for the workshoppers and then cancelled or changed their minds after. D'oh.
Damn that sucks
I didn't realise you did that BS one, its super cool

manfestival

CLHFn_YUMAAui-i.jpg

bounch you know I love you. even if I played terribly last night.
tiny-blink.gif

Does anyone live in the SeaTac area? I asked before but I'm asking again. I'm very interested in moving out there later this year or early 2016. Hoping someone knows some areas that they can recommend. Condos and apartments are on the table until I feel settled in the area.

Someone holla atchaboi

shira

Does anyone live in the SeaTac area? I asked before but I'm asking again. I'm very interested in moving out there later this year or early 2016. Hoping someone knows some areas that they can recommend. Condos and apartments are on the table until I feel settled in the area.

Someone holla atchaboi
Did you get hired by Valve? If so Medina represent

Chris R

Someone holla atchaboi

SeaTac specifically? Or Greater Seattle area?

bounchfx

Wow, that Tide set looks cool! Never seen it before. Do you have a workshop link?

Thank you! It's pretty much "The lost set" because of when we submitted it, right before the whole new bloom deluge. I think it has under 800 views total. It's real fucked. I'm hoping shoving it in Valve's faces at TI will clue them in that it exists lol. Tide hardly has any sets too!

here's the workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377796655

also, buttons got here too! Stop by monday if you guys want some + the prints i posted earlier.

Swig_

Is there a list of games from TI5 which show the heroes that were chosen? Or the "top" matches to watch? I can't stay on top of it, because I work, but I'd like to watch the better of the matches so far and I want to see the Techies games, as well.

CSQlXPD.jpg

HK-Army on point with the overnight shipping even though I ordered it with flat rate.
Helps that I'm in the same state though.

These things are comfy. Love the shoulders and neck areas.

That was fast. We didn't even start promoting them officially until earlier today.

highfive.gif

Yeah I asked about it yesterday and someone showed me the shop link. I ordered at like 5pm and then they shipped it out by 8pm. They're only a few hours away so it got here tonight.

Aren't they a little to pricey?

Well, they are pretty high quality. Like paintball uniforms.
I would've preferred like 40-50$ But I'm a Secret fanboy.

iamblades

Seems like a good idea. Have your melee carry get no CS and potentially die 1 v 2 while you get some CS.

New age dota.

CM is the shittest of all shit lane supports, and if you as a carry can't CS in a lane, a level 1 CM is probably just dead in that lane if she seriously tries to help.

There are plenty of situations where indeed the best possible course of action is for the supports to ditch the carry to soak xp, because (most) carries have the ability to catch up in farm, if the support can get some levels elsewhere and create space by pressuring another part of the map(and ideally stacking camps for you in the process).

People place way too much emphasis on carries in the first few minutes. If a lane is not winnable, it is best to not even contest it and force reactions elsewhere on the map. Doesn't really matter if that lane is your safe lane or not, you take what you can get and figure out a way to change the status quo in your favor.

If I am playing carry and am stuck in a losing 2v2 lane, I'll often ask my support to leave(especially if it is an aggressive support like CM who isn't going to be able to save me if they dive), because there is no point for them to be there sapping my xp when they could force action elsewhere on the map, or get some farm in the jungle.

Now obviously ideally this would all be planned and communicated instead of just 'peace out, gotta get MINE', but it's pubs, what are you gonna do?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I am a G-rank monster hunter you guys. I think it's about time you all started addressing me with some god damned respect.

kionedrik

Update after the 3rd day of the group stages

A list of unpicked heroes:

- Alchemist
- Death Prophet
- Doom
- Elder Titan
- Faceless Void
- Jakiro
- Kunkka
- Lone Druid
- Medusa
- Meepo
- Mirana
- Morphling
- Necrophos
- Ogre Magi
- Outworld Devourer
- Pudge
- Riki
- Sniper
- Spectre
- Terrorblade
- Troll Warlord
- Warlock
- Weaver

23 heroes.
Hope I didn't screw this up...

dead game

naga pickers are worse than techies pickers

Not even close. Naga has a ridiculously higher skill cap than Techies. Obviously, that makes little difference to pros as high skill cap is something they don't struggle with in general but in pubs? Fuck off with Techies. Absolutely game ruining hero and stupid strong at the moment. I feel like leaving the game the moment I see him picked.

Just pick a hero with summons or illusions geez
Enigma, furion, etc
Then you only have to deal with remotes

Playing a good techies demands a lot of skill honestly, placing your mines at the right place to maximize kills is not as easy as it seems and takes a lot of mind game. Probably one of the most exciting (but all or nothing) hero

ViviOggi

CLHFn_YUMAAui-i.jpg

Wait is that Bloodcyka set in the game?

Top Bottom