• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Why is two bear banned?

wild guess

horse.gif

harSon

Banned
While Mirana is by far my favorite hero, to the surprise of no one, I'm not surprised she's not popular in competitive play. The hero is pretty crap when you analyze her. Her early game attack damage is an absolute joke, and her attack animation/projectile on top of that makes it difficult to last hit/deny in the laning stage. She's extremely squishy and fairly mana dependent with a mediocre mana pool - meaning that she's somewhat item dependent - but doesn't scale as well as other heroes so she's probably not a hero that you're going to want to invest any farm time into. Her ultimate is useless defensively against a team that's worth a shit, reducing its usefulness to offensive capabilities - except for the fact that you can buy an item that does the same damn thing. Her arrow is by far her most useful tool, but it's an unreliable stun, so you basically live and die by whether her arrows are on point or not - unless your team has good setup which mitigates that considerably. The minimum damage/stun on arrow is a bit too significant of a floor IMO. Basically she's not a safe bet by any means.

My opinion

WTF Abaddon poor lane presence?
charm_disapprove.gif

Curse of avernus + Aphotic Shield is a great harassing and defensive tool in lane, and he is mostly played as a support in pro games, he can look weak when compared to other supports, but he is more reliable on team fights later on since you can expect him to not get taken out as easily.

except for the fact that you can buy an item that does the same damn thing
Talking about smokes ? It's definitely not the same
Mirana's ult is like a super smoke, the only drawback compared to smoke is that you can be spotted by a sentry + obs in usual paths, but it's much better when it comes to initiating as you can have people spread out more and take more time to elaborate a gank ("is that bait ? is the entire enemy team waiting in the trees ?")
It also forces the enemy team to buy plenty of sentries effectively starving supports
Oh and smokes run out of stock in every pro game

I agree with your point on arrow but that's why you take a setup hero with her (bane is super popular apparently, and there's also SD)

J2d

I don't get people who root for Secret. What's the point of supporting the strongest team by far? Where's the fun in that?

C9 is where it's at.
Rtz is the best streamer and they have two Swedish people on their team, only chance I have for my country to do well in a "sport" setting unless I want to develop an interest in hockey, and who the hell wants that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rtz is the best streamer and they have two Swedish people on their team, only chance I have for my country to do well in a "sport" setting unless I want to develop an interest in hockey, and who the hell wants that?

Get into CS:GO. Swedes rock at CS:GO apparently.

kionedrik

While Mirana is by far my favorite hero, to the surprise of no one, I'm not surprised she's not popular in competitive play. The hero is pretty crap when you analyze her. Her early game attack damage is an absolute joke, and her attack animation/projectile on top of that makes it difficult to last hit/deny in the laning stage. She's extremely squishy and fairly mana dependent with a mediocre mana pool - meaning that she's somewhat item dependent - but doesn't scale as well as other heroes so she's probably not a hero that you're going to want to invest any farm time into. Her ultimate is useless defensively against a team that's worth a shit, reducing its usefulness to offensive capabilities - except for the fact that you can buy an item that does the same damn thing. Her arrow is by far her most useful tool, but it's an unreliable stun, so you basically live and die by whether her arrows are on point or not - unless your team has good setup which mitigates that considerably. The minimum damage/stun on arrow is a bit too significant of a floor IMO. Basically she's not a safe bet by any means.

Paragraphs man...

Anyway, what if her ulti made allies able to go through impassable terrain like centaur's aghs?
I'd also like to see arrow cd reduced and/or mana cost reduced and/or travel speed increased

smh twobear (facepalm)

and the first team to pick allahder titan will win TI

elder titan best dota hero

CHUAN best dota player

I want CHUAN to win

support CHUAN today

Mirana has at least 2 completely unique spells in Arrow and her ult, I don't see how she's boring. Also, she's not a bad hero by any means, last year she was most picked and she hasn't gotten that many nerfs since then, her toolset is always going to be valuable.

harSon

Banned
Paragraphs man...

Anyway, what if her ulti made allies able to go through impassable terrain like centaur's aghs?
I'd also like to see arrow cd reduced and/or mana cost reduced and/or travel speed increased

It's not even a particularly long paragraph Lol.

As for things that could be improved:

- Make her arrow projectile comparable to someone like Windranger

- Raise her base damage

- Increase her int progression

- Raise the minimum stun/damage on Arrow. Yes, there should be a penalty for shooting arrow's point blank, but it shouldn't be the equivalent of one second of Battery Assault Lol.

- OR reduce the cooldown/mana cost on arrow. As it stands now, the punishment for a missed arrow is too substantial - especially early game.

- Her ultimate definitely needs some tweaking. Scaling terrain would definitely be interesting. Maybe something like Magic Resistance? I'm not too sure what to do with the skill to be honest, but it's pretty terrible as is. I wouldn't be against scrapping the ultimate entirely and giving her something else entirely.

- Raise her movement speed, or reduce the cooldown on leap. She's squishy as fuck, yet has movement speed that's below average. Considering you're not going to be leveling leap over arrow/starfall - she's extremely vulnerable in this regard early game.

Quesa

It's not even a particularly long paragraph Lol.

As for things that could be improved:

- Make her arrow projectile comparable to someone like Windranger

- Raise her base damage

- Increase her int progression

- Raise the minimum stun/damage on Arrow. Yes, there should be a penalty for shooting arrow's point blank, but it shouldn't be the equivalent of one second of Battery Assault Lol.

- OR reduce the cooldown/mana cost on arrow. As it stands now, the punishment for a missed arrow is too substantial - especially early game.

- Her ultimate definitely needs some tweaking. Scaling terrain would definitely be interesting. Maybe something like Magic Resistance? I'm not too sure what to do with the skill to be honest, but it's pretty terrible as is. I wouldn't be against scrapping the ultimate entirely and giving her something else entirely.

- Raise her movement speed, or reduce the cooldown on leap. She's squishy as fuck, yet has movement speed that's below average. Considering you're not going to be leveling leap over arrow/starfall - she's extremely vulnerable in this regard early game.

So you want her to be better in every way imaginable

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, LD throwing it back to the 3 Merlinis!

Calidor

mirana could use agi gain buff
make her better at scaling mid and late

IMO she should be turned into a monster ganker not a late game carry. Kinda like Balanar with enhanced night vision buffs (give me back my flying unobstructed vision on arrows!) and higher burst damage.

Leap being targeteable (like qops blink but way higher cast point/turnrate) with a landing ministun sounds interesting

kasane

A list of the 26 unpicked/unbanned heroes in the first 2 days:

- Abaddon
- Alchemist
- Death Prophet
- Doom
- Elder Titan
- Faceless Void
- Jakiro
- Kunkka
- Lich
- Lifestealer
- Lone Druid
- Luna
- Medusa
- Meepo
- Mirana
- Morphling
- Necrophos
- Ogre Magi
- Outworld Devourer
- Riki
- Sniper
- Spectre
- Terrorblade
- Troll Warlord
- Warlock
- Weaver

I'm quite surprised at the bolded ones.
Doom has been shit since his cast animation nerf

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
What's the Techies winrate so far this tournament. I've seen it win at least 3/3 games it was picked in. Fucking Techies.

Top Bottom