• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Quesa

Can anyone tell me how Aui is able to drop and pick items for soul ring boost so quickly? Is there a key you can bind drop item to or something?

haven't played in a long ass time, just notice these treasure redemption tokens.

Exchanged for hero and champion chests.

Got Dragon's Ascension, Kunkka Mythical set, Redpaw, Wolfhunter, and Great Calamity. Feels good man. Exactly what I had wanted.

EG proving my point about techies and mind games
techies.gif
yolo.gif
tech-boom.gif

Guys I just had an epiphany: rod of atos on (support) abaddon. It gives you very cost effective hp and mana (which you need to stay close an spam your garbage), and most importantly gives you a longrange disable to close the distance to the enemy. Tranquils > soul ring (for sustain and quickly farming neutrals with shield) > atos.

I haven't tested it out yet (I kinda detest playing abaddon), but I think it might be pretty good. Any input?

Here's what's gotten my goat this TI:

Are you REALLY not going to get one point in homing missile?

Are you REALLY not going to get one point in maledict? Are you really skilling stats instead?

I understand why "pros" make these choices early on, but nobody playing the game should be level 10 without either of these skills. One's a 2.2s stun and the other can - even at level one - outpace whatever damage you gained from skilling stats one time. By all means don't level them........ But not even one value point?

Taking stats over maledict is a legitimate option. Maledict has a short range, forcing you to get closer to the enemy than you really want to be. Also, when you cast death ward, you become a big priority target for the enemy team and can no longer move to dodge spells or run away. Putting points in stats makes tankier and therefore allows you to channel death ward for longer.

The real headscratcher is Artstyle taking stats over enfeeble on bane. Enfeeble has a fantastic 1000 range, and would do so much work against the gyro (and later am) he was up against. Plus, unlike wd, bane has fantastic starting stats and stat gains, so the +2 every level wont make as much of a difference as it does for wd.

Pratfall

Guys I just had an epiphany: rod of atos on (support) abaddon. It gives you very cost effective hp and mana (which you need to stay close an spam your garbage), and most importantly gives you a longrange disable to close the distance to the enemy. Tranquils > soul ring (for sustain and quickly farming neutrals with shield) > atos.

I haven't tested it out yet (I kinda detest playing abaddon), but I think it might be pretty good. Any input?

you should play dota and try it out

TUSR

Banned
People going to TI (I'll PM this too)

Going to organize a GAF night where everyone is invited to drink with Steve and I.

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Bane go mid (as either core or support) against Shadow Fiend. Enfeeble completely fucks SF over in early laning phase unless he spams razes, and he can't do that all the time.

If we have then never mind me.

I'm guessing the plan was to release the chests tonight but they had to push them back to tomorrow morning. Probably why they pushed the pre-order pickup time by a few hours.

Yasae

Banned
Maledict is pretty worthless at level 1, and wd needs to stay alive longer and have more mana to sustain his aura, which is way more important. That and you often need to compromise your positioning to cast a relevant maledict, which you can't afford to do at the pro level.
I see. It's true that maledict doesn't get good until around level 3 and heal level 2 is another notable bump. It would be far from a bad choice, however, and I don't find players on the razor's edge quite as much as that build would imply.

Kade

There should be a matchmaking checkbox to opt out of queuing for matches where it's possible for Techies to be picked or randomed.

There should be a matchmaking checkbox to opt out of queuing for matches where it's possible for Techies to be picked or randomed.

No that I think techies is too powerful or anything but he just completely changes the way the game is played and it's so fucking boring and farm-ey. I hope the dumb bandwagoners that wouldn't shut up about him being patched in are happy.

Quesa

I used to think you were cool.

Shift-queing. If you observe a game through his perspective, if he drops his items directly after moving to a specific location then it's shift queing. It's useful because it's pretty much instant if you do that. But in some situations it still takes him a little time to drop the items one by one, that's where he's doing it on the spot, manually with no shift-queing.

This is really useful, thanks!

Can anyone tell me how Aui is able to drop and pick items for soul ring boost so quickly? Is there a key you can bind drop item to or something?

Shift-queing. If you observe a game through his perspective, if he drops his items directly after moving to a specific location then it's shift queing. It's useful because it's pretty much instant if you do that. But in some situations it still takes him a little time to drop the items one by one, that's where he's doing it on the spot, manually with no shift-queing.

Chris R

People going to TI (I'll PM this too)

Going to organize a GAF night where everyone is invited to drink with Steve and I.

Bandits? Or someplace else?

Not that Bandits was bad by any stretch, it was just hotter than a motherfucker and only had PBR.

Fuck's sake Reborn, blocked from matchmaking for ten minutes because finding a match doesn't interrupt you when you're in the settings menu :(

Had a salty Bloodseeker earlier getting pissed off because me and the guy in my party used Riki and Axe :D

Kard8p3

rip me playing dota for a while.

My mechanical keyboard died and I refuse to play dota without one.

At least I'm taking a 2 or 3 week vacation soon.

ACE 1991

My TI5 ticket is in the mail! SO EXCITED. I'm an idiot for not realizing until today that I was going to be in Seattle the day of the grand finals.

EDIT: Can someone PM me the deets about the gaf meetup?

TUSR

Banned
My TI5 ticket is in the mail! SO EXCITED. I'm an idiot for not realizing until today that I was going to be in Seattle the day of the grand finals.

EDIT: Can someone PM me the deets about the gaf meetup?

I just brought the idea up today, and it will most likely be on Wednesday.

Wok

So apparently, the match featuring EG vs Complexity is a way to sort out the 2013 incident which happened between ppd and the Freedman's brothers (swindlemelonzz and Zfreek).

The wiki also suggest swindlemelonzz started playing Dota2 because ppd did so well at TI4:
Kyle [...] realized playing Dota 2 was his dream as his fellow teammate ppd on Evil Geniuses placed third at The International 2014 the year before. He knew he had the skills to be the best so he charged into Dota 2.

Top Bottom