• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I don't get people who root for Secret. What's the point of supporting the strongest team by far? Where's the fun in that?

C9 is where it's at.

I don't get people who root for Secret. What's the point of supporting the strongest team by far? Where's the fun in that?

C9 is where it's at.

hip-to-be-square-o.gif

kionedrik

C9 is where it's at.

and I don't get how people can support c9... the drama, the below average performances, envy's personality and to an extent all of the other 4 personalities...

I don't support any team, I support good Dota/matches. This isn't football.

kasane

and I don't get how people can support c9... the drama, the below average performances, envy's personality and to an extent all of the other 4 personalities...

if you support good dota matches then you should like c9 to an extend

cause these guys give you the best dota matches either be it their colossal tilts or their comebacks

C9 was involved in virtually >50% of all games that are considered classics in the history of Dota 2 eSports. C9 vs Alliance at ESL One was the single most exciting game I have ever seen.

kasane

I checked a random game of theirs today and they got curbstomped.

thats why watch day 1

vs lgd and vs navi
C9 was involved in virtually >50% of all games that are considered classics in the history of Dota 2 eSports. C9 vs Alliance at ESL One was the single most exciting game I have ever seen.

mine is ti4 game 2 vs vg

after that mindblowing game we get their game 3 in classic c9 fashion

patapuf

C9 is where it's at.

I've been watching some of the players in that team since TI2.

That doesn't stop me from rooting for some underdogs teams though.

kionedrik

Fair enough. It still amazes me how the same 5 guys can either play amazingly well or do the most retarded plays in the span of 5 minutes, they have 0 consistency. Of course that can lead to some great matches with lots of drama, teamfights, comebacks and throws...

Acinixys

Dota is dead

Cant search for games
Cant watch my downloaded replays
Network keeps dropping

Im going to play the superior MOBA HotS

Gyro is bad. Naga is only bad if you have your thumb up your ass for the first 20 mins when your playing against her.

Lesh is instant autowin mid. Hes fastee than most heros, spammable spells, way too much hp to begin with.

nah, naga fucks you up even if she's support
no matter how good your initiation is she just has to press R and she fucks your shit up
lesh has too much hp ? lmao get real

Guys am I really going to do this TI trip again this year?

I'm starting to think about all the shit I could spend this $1,000 on. Someone help me keep my eyes on the prize or something.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
true. I guess I'm just a bit down right now. Need a pick-me-up.

It's pretty good value for a week vacation that you can spend in a cool city watching exciting shit, meeting new people, eating good food etc. And there's tons of stuff you can do in Seattle if you feel guilty spending the entire time sitting watching games.

I don't know anything at all about your personal situation but you should probably go and have an awesome time.

kionedrik

A list of the 26 unpicked/unbanned heroes in the first 2 days:

- Abaddon
- Alchemist
- Death Prophet
- Doom
- Elder Titan
- Faceless Void
- Jakiro
- Kunkka
- Lich
- Lifestealer
- Lone Druid
- Luna
- Medusa
- Meepo
- Mirana
- Morphling
- Necrophos
- Ogre Magi
- Outworld Devourer
- Riki
- Sniper
- Spectre
- Terrorblade
- Troll Warlord
- Warlock
- Weaver

I'm quite surprised at the bolded ones.

- Abaddon
- Faceless Void
- Jakiro
- Medusa
- Mirana
- Ogre Magi
- Spectre
- Warlock
- Weaver

Imo these will be picked for sure
alchemist maybe but highly doubt it
dac15_nosewipe.gif

necro was fucked in 6.84, scythe should be made pure for him to be relevant again

- Abaddon
- Faceless Void
- Jakiro
- Medusa
- Mirana
- Ogre Magi
- Spectre
- Warlock
- Weaver

Imo these will be picked for sure
alchemist maybe but highly doubt it
dac15_nosewipe.gif

Super likes to play that hero so there is a high chance he will be picked.
Agi Morphling got rekt by the e-blade nerf awhile ago and the str morph nerf to adaptive strike

Just saw the Team Secret Jerseys. Clearly I cant get one before TI in time before i go to seattle.

Cyborg Matt, do you know if jerseys will be sold there? I want to get my hands on a Kuro jersey.

Calidor

A list of the 26 unpicked/unbanned heroes in the first 2 days:

- Abaddon: pretty bad lane presence, you can get a Lotus Orb to get the purge on some spells
- Alchemist : useless hero
- Death Prophet : horrible hero
- Doom : terrible cast animation
- Elder Titan : LOL
- Faceless Void : situational but could be picked
- Jakiro : meh, there are better, more complete heroes that can also push (Chen)
- Kunkka : underwhelming
- Lich : pretty poor, past lane stage
- Lifestealer : far surpassed by other carries
- Lone Druid : terrible hero
- Luna : okish, could be picked anytime with a decent strat made around her
- Medusa : same as above
- Meepo : nerfed too much with the respawn timer
- Mirana : T_T Icefrog buff pls!!!
mirana-rage.gif

- Morphling : very good, could be picked anytime
- Necrophos : meh, subpar hero
- Ogre Magi : good pick as well
- Outworld Devourer : BKB, then what?
- Riki : shit hero
- Sniper : decent, but hard to fit in this meta
- Spectre : situational, but probably will be picked on the following days
- Terrorblade : yeah, right
- Troll Warlord : very underrated. probably wont be picked, but it should
- Warlock : MVP pls
- Weaver : some teams runs her, but I think the hero is very very weak in this meta

I'm quite surprised at the bolded ones.

My opinion

abunai

i wanna see universe offlane jakiro again
make it happen eg

rip ʕ•ᴥ•ʔʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Top Bottom