• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

inkls

next update will have 6.85
Rick and Morty announcer pack
pit lord

EleGiggle.png

hey there, lets not go around stealing other people's jobs here

abunai

If you are all actually depressed PM me because I used to have bad depression when i was younger and can deal with it well now so maybe talking would be a cool thing to do
or w/e i'm just pixels on your screen

So, the player count bump to Reborn should appear soon? They said this week.. (but it's volvo)
sleeping.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Did my first casual game, lost but would have won if our guy didn't rage quit like a little bitch. We were winning every team fight but because he died after a rage buyback he left. Definitely more fun than bots though.

Next game we ran into 3 smurf flamers and lost, I guess it's almost impossible to play against other new players at this point.

Yes, that will happen for a while. Eventually you'll have games where everyone is at roughly the same skill tier, but it's a frustrating grind to get there.

Next game we ran into 3 smurf flamers and lost, I guess it's almost impossible to play against other new players at this point.

Games are going to be a crapshoot for a while, best to just focus on learning how to play until it gets better to the point where you can actually have some teamplay.

Sianos

i wish magic wand recipe would be removed from the game could be buildable from the side shop

why do people feel the need to steal the mid laner's bottle walking courier for their recipe

bonus points if its for a lane with almost no spells cast and they have either no charges on the stick or if they keep dying without using their full load of charges

inkls

i wish magic wand recipe would be removed from the game

why do people feel the need to steal the mid laner's bottle walking courier for their recipe

bonus points if its for a lane with almost no spells cast and they have either no charges on the stick or if they keep dying without using their full load of charges

hmm, it got removed in 6.84

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he means having Magic Wand being buildable at all.

I can definitely see where he's coming from. It wouldn't hurt much to put the pieces in the side shop.

God knows your useless stat stick is not as important as mid's bottle.

I think he means having Magic Wand being buildable at all.

I can definitely see where he's coming from. It wouldn't hurt much to put the pieces in the side shop.

God knows your useless stat stick is not as important as mid's bottle.

I'd really like circle being in the side shop. Would help mids quite a lot.

Sianos

WAIT A SECOND YOU'RE RIGHT THERE ISN'T EVEN A RECIPE ANY MORE clearly shows how often i upgrade the stick

i guess they really wanted their precious circlet then

moving circlet to the side shop seems fair to me, you can't build a full bracer/wraith band/null talisman from the side shop anyways

Sianos

gg od no gank ff all mid

bonus points if a solo offlaner wants a gank from your farming mid versus a disable heavy trilane

mid when support doesn't have mana to cast stun 'wow you're shit you didn't save me!!!!'

pinging "i have low% mana" and "spell: not enough mana (big #)" before they dive doesn't even help

more bonus points if you used all of your mana saving them and then they try to re-engage

Wok

He said he didn't want to deal with the wombo combos from dark seer, especially the one with WW, "borderline broken" he said

Okay, in hindsight, ppd says it was pretty stupid ("unnecessary" as he puts it). However, I still believe he had no idea what to ban instead of Leshrac, which is pretty suprising after the epic loss versus CDEC (game 1 in the upper bracket), due to Tusk's counter-initiation.

Just think about it, you don't ban Leshrac, of course CDEC will pick Leshrac as 1st hero, and if CDEC picks Dark Seer or WW as 2nd hero, then you EG can still use their 3rd ban to remove the other hero of the combo, i.e. WW or Dark Seer respectively.

The main reason which explained that EG won the first game of the grand finals is that CDEC did not pick Leshrac and Tusk, but went for Leshrac and PL, allowing EG to ban Tusk with their 3rd ban. Picking PL as 2nd hero is truly strange.

CDEC should have been more confident, picking Tusk as soon as they could, and letting EG get the Naga Siren.

inkls

Salsher's way: storm spirit

spoiler alert:

its basically the standard storm item build, but should still be informative for those who want to learn more about the hero
cocky.gif

also should point out sometimes you can also wait till getting point in vortex till level 8 instead of level 4 like he does for more early dmg with remnant.

Also surprised he doesn't mention eul's as a situational item for storm looking at the steam guide

The most important thing to realize as a mid player isn't something as useless as creep aggro or attack animations, it's knowing that if anyone else on your team loses their lane, it's automatically your fault.
Kappa.png

Just ignore them. If you're already losing the game, turning your 2 position into a roaming support isn't going to help you win.

The most important thing to realize as a mid player isn't something as useless as creep aggro or attack animations, it's knowing that if anyone else on your team loses their lane, it's automatically your fault.
Kappa.png

Just ignore them. If you're already losing the game, turning your 2 position into a roaming support isn't going to help you win.

I like how Slacks put it. If they've got vision of things like ganks and it still doesn't help, they're a lost cause. Try to keep them out of trouble if you can, but if not just focus on getting ahead at all costs.

There are times when people would ping me for split pushing during team "fights" I knew we weren't going to win. When the team has to decide whether to wipe yours or save their lanes you can save people on occasion.

FACE

Banned
Salsher's way: storm spirit

spoiler alert:

its basically the standard storm item build, but should still be informative for those who want to learn more about the hero
cocky.gif

also should point out sometimes you can also wait till getting point in vortex till level 8 instead of level 4 like he does for more early dmg with remnant.

Also surprised he doesn't mention eul's as a situational item for storm looking at the steam guide

He does in the first 30/40s of the video.

Top Bottom