• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

shira

jtHofFs.png

PPD admits he bans Dark Seer because he had no idea. Did it really take him this long to figure out Tusk was a top hero to ban, along with Bounty Hunter? They lost the first game vs CDEC in the upper bracket because of one Tusk play. How could he not realize after that? WTH
Well, he learned in the finals at least.

PPD admits he banned Dark Seer because he had no idea. Did it really take him this long to figure out Tusk was a top hero to ban, along with Bounty Hunter? They lost the first game vs CDEC in the upper bracket because of one Tusk play. How could he not realize after that? WTH

What time does he say that?

Ketch

favorite part of the PPD analysis is when he says they knew leshrac counters ember in mid but Sumail is so much better then shiki that they didn't even care.

PPD admits he banned Dark Seer because he had no idea. Did it really take him this long to figure out Tusk was a top hero to ban, along with Bounty Hunter? They lost the first game vs CDEC in the upper bracket because of one Tusk play. How could he not realize after that? WTH

He said he didn't want to deal with the wombo combos from dark seer, especially the one with WW, "borderline broken" he said

yarden24

favorite part of the PPD analysis is when he says they knew leshrac counters ember in mid but Sumail is so much better then shiki that they didn't even care.

his right too, he out CS'ed him in every game, doesnt matter what the match up was,

does anyone remember how sumail and shiki matched up against other mids? I'm wondering if its just the specific match up between the two

his right too, he out CS'ed him in every game, doesnt matter what the match up was,

does anyone remember how sumail and shiki matched up against other mids? I wondering if its just the specific match up between the two

I wasn't focusing on Shiki, but he seemed to do well against most mids at the tournament. That said, I think if anyone on the team stood out for not standing out (lol), it'd be shiki.

I need to go back and watch agressif's games. Xz totally blew my mind and the supports were both doing work, but agressif didn't leave the biggest impression outside of his Ember play.

JC Sera

have an exam and a job interview tomorrow
so stressed and its too late to play dota with friends

dac15_sad.gif

anyone know some good online stress relievers?

What was most noticable in Agressif's play was that he would keep going where most carries would back off and he'd more often than not get that extra kill without feeding, so basically Xboct except good. He'd take his Ember and PL to the absolute limit every game.

What's less noticable but equally impressive is the fact that even though he'd start showing up to fights very early on, he'd always keep up in farm even if he didn't get anything out of it or he died. Seemed like fucking witchcraft to see him at the top of the charts even though he was always at every single fight.

What was most noticable in Agressif's play was that he would keep going where most carries would back off and he'd more often than not get that extra kill without feeding, so basically Xboct except good. He'd take his Ember and PL to the absolute limit every game.

What's less noticable but equally impressive is the fact that even though he'd start showing up to fights very early on, he'd always keep up in farm even if he didn't get anything out of it or he died. Seemed like fucking witchcraft to see him at the top of the charts even though he was always at every single fight.

Yeah, I noted these things in the grand finals. Those matches had lots of weird errors though, so I need to watch some of his better matches to get a better sense of it.

Yeah he pushes his hero to the limit without dying. In a game vs LGD he went back into the fight as PL with literally 40-100 hp, team wiping LGD with 0 loses.

Yeah he pushes his hero to the limit without dying. In a game vs LGD he went back into the fight as PL with literally 40-100 hp, team wiping LGD with 0 loses.

Did he go satanic this game? I mean it's still a sick play, but with satanic that's kind of the whole point. That's a good series to watch, though, I'll get to those next time I feel like watching some dota.

yarden24

dont have a dick, too much effort

To be honest they are my least stressful assessment

something I do when im stressed out that always helps me is just put my earphones on and lay in bed with my eyes closed and listen for a while, used to do that quite a bit back when I was in the army.

im going all nostalgic right now and listening to video game music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HwhKDR8qg

that's lovely if you played FF9

I miss exams.

yo heavy add me on steam and we can play some time

have an exam and a job interview tomorrow
so stressed and its too late to play dota with friends

dac15_sad.gif

anyone know some good online stress relievers?

Just work out how many useful hours you have until tomorrow.

Clear your day.

Work in 45 minute bursts.

Make time to eat properly.

Just relax and understand that you only have control of certain things, make sure you've done those properly.

Yes, that's precisely what I noticed as well. Xboct but good is a very fitting describtion.

And I agree that Shiki vs. Sumail was a pretty tragic mismatch. Those two were heavily apart in terms of skill. I don't think CDEC's mid player would win any match up against Sumail.

abunai

This thread would have maybe 5 posts if it wasn't for anime or shitposting

Do we think a balance patch will be coming before the next major? Compared to TI4 it honestly doesn't feel like there's anything majorly wrong or boring with this patch

This thread would have maybe 5 posts if it wasn't for anime or shitposting

Do we think a balance patch will be coming before the next major? Compared to TI4 it honestly doesn't feel like there's anything majorly wrong or boring with this patch

Do we even know when the next major is? We've got no info afaik.

inkls

according to some players, only a few weeks left before rosters have to be finalized. So I'd say majors aren't too far away

because we are straying off topic here, ill just say that song was almost as good as Sumails ember spirit plays
horse.gif

according to some players, only a few weeks left before rosters have to be finalized. So I'd say majors aren't too far away
Wait seriously? Are the majors going to have quals for everyone? Seems really soon. Looking forward to the shuffle.
Totally unrelated, does anyone have a GTX 960 gpu? My gpu's dead and this seems like a good choice, interested in if anyone has some specific gripes or anything.

Late October / early November is the best bet for majors. We'll have to get a new balance patch, nobody is interested in seeing the same heroes dominate again and Icefrog knows it.

inkls

Wait seriously? Are the majors going to have quals for everyone? Seems really soon. Looking forward to the shuffle.

Yeah, I think they have that just to avoid nonstop reshuffle like last year. Between every major there's gonna be a period to change teammates.

Yeah, I think they have that just to avoid nonstop reshuffle like last year. Between every major there's gonna be a period to change teammates.
Makes sense, I suppose.
September 1st is the rumored cutoff for roster changes.
Hm... I'd wager mid october, then. I doubt valve would deliberately limit the period for roster changes so much if they didn't intend to make use of that time.

Especially now.

manfestival

because he makes jokes?

also, I am vindicated. PPD said Ember made pl borderline unplayable in the mid to lategame. Remember when I said ember was the pl counter and some disagreed? Vengeanceeeeeeeeeee

because he likes anime. all anime must burn

Top Bottom