• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Pratfall

because he makes jokes?

also, I am vindicated. PPD said Ember made pl borderline unplayable in the mid to lategame. Remember when I said ember was the pl counter and some disagreed? Vengeanceeeeeeeeeee

who in the world would argue against that? bananaslamjamma has been saying for months that the only battlefury carrier you really have to worry about as PL is ember.

inkls

who in the world would argue against that? bananaslamjamma has been saying for months that the only battlefury carrier you really have to worry about as PL is ember.

back when pl was reworked, I don't feel petty enough to dig out the responses
but enough to say it hue

I wonder what will happen to the cdec squad. Get poached? or stick together?
I would like them to stick though, the team is really strong.

seems incredibly likely they'll get poached. I'm thinking Xz's likely to go to LGD, but idk.

Alternatively, one of the big clubs disbands and reforms with some of these players. Seems unlikely they'll stick together, though.

ACE 1991

Any good Storm Spirit game play vids to learn from in the vein of Purge Plays? Just finished watching his most recent Storm Spirit video, but it's quite dated.

have an exam and a job interview tomorrow
so stressed and its too late to play dota with friends

dac15_sad.gif

anyone know some good online stress relievers?
Doing a bit of exercise helps me a lot, especially if I can't sleep due to anxiety issues. Games just make it worse most of the time.
because he makes jokes?
Toradora is a terrible anime and his choice of waifus is worse than his choice of offlaners

Fevaweva

Random idea for an Aghs upgrade:

Slardar's ult can be cast on towers giving it the armour debuff and the sight.

Not saying Aghs would be a good item for him, but in a push heavy line up it could be viable.

If I'm playing a game as one of the blink initiators like Earthshaker, Tusk, or Beastmaster and have to be the second support where should I be looking to get my farm just from roaming ganks early? Should I bother stacking camps for my carries or just take them for myself? I've always felt like I'm just twiddling my thumbs the first 20mins of the since I cant really harass all that well and I'm not going to be taking last hits. I know I get some farm pulling in the safe lane, but what about if I'm in the offlane?

Not saying Aghs would be a good item for him, but in a push heavy line up it could be viable.

That would be ultra broken Deso is only -7 armor and costs only 700 less than aghs, while Slardar's starts at -10 and goes up -20. Nothing would have armor anymore except T4 towers. I think the change Slardar needs is sprint has to be a toggle, which would allow him to forgo or at least delay blink.

Slardar needs to be made less boring and better anyway
His bash is trash, sprint is fuckin stupid, his ult is boring.
Him and sven need a rework imo. Way too basic. In general I'd say STR carries need buffs/reworks

That would be ultra broken Deso is only -7 armor and costs only 700 less than aghs, while Slardar's starts at -10 and goes up -20. Nothing would have armor anymore except T4 towers.
But then you're stuck with a slardar with even less items.
Oh and TB kills any tower in less than 10 seconds starting at level 8-9.

Him and sven need a rework imo. Way too basic. In general I'd say STR carries need buffs/reworks

But then you're stuck with a slardar with even less items.
Oh and TB kills any tower in less than 10 seconds starting at level 8-9.

Sven just needs numbers imo. Maybe an ult rework.

elyetis

If I'm playing a game as one of the blink initiators like Earthshaker, Tusk, or Beastmaster and have to be the second support where should I be looking to get my farm just from roaming ganks early? Should I bother stacking camps for my carries or just take them for myself? I've always felt like I'm just twiddling my thumbs the first 20mins of the since I cant really harass all that well and I'm not going to be taking last hits. I know I get some farm pulling in the safe lane, but what about if I'm in the offlane?
Don't know about Beastmaster, but hero like tusk and ES should be ganking left and right during the first 20 min. Well except if it's a solo hardlane ES, where you get the farm you can.

Fevaweva

I totally agree. He needs to be reworked like PL was.

That would be ultra broken Deso is only -7 armor and costs only 700 less than aghs, while Slardar's starts at -10 and goes up -20. Nothing would have armor anymore except T4 towers. I think the change Slardar needs is sprint has to be a toggle, which would allow him to forgo or at least delay blink.

Maybe if it wasn't as effective? But I totally get where you are coming from.

Well first of all, none of those heroes NEED Blink to gank, it's core on Shaker for several reasons but fissure is a great ganking tool from level 1. It's not even core on Tusk, you can set up lots of stuff with Snowball and Shards, Blink is optional imo. It's good on BM but you definitely don't need it before you gank, he just needs 6, the range on his ult allows him to be effective without a blink.

There are a few heroes that are WAY less effective without their Blink(Batrider, Centaur, Axe) but the heroes you mentioned can do just fine before they get it.

Edit: I misunderstood your post. Whatever.

Pratfall

Stack camps for yourself unless you have an SF or a battlefury builder who is struggling. Shaker can clear camps once he has some levels, as can tusk and Beastmaster. Remember to always grab unused bounty runes and ask for some time in the safelane once your safelaner can jungle quickly.

shira

I wonder what will happen to the cdec squad. Get poached? or stick together?
I would like them to stick though, the team is really strong.

- They can't play against Techies or with Goatman, 2 of the stars of the patch.
- PPD just made a FAQ outdraft video.
- The ability to adapt to the meta or create the meta is what determines LAN success. They were extremely lucky that teams were instabanning Leshrekt, but PPD rolled the dice and trusted Neckpillow could beat any hero mid and he did. I think their fate was sealed with support lesh.

Damn, Steve got banned? Hung with him all day during the finals of TI, cool dude. Anyone know his Steam name so I can add him?

hasmedaoa

- They can't play against Techies or with Goatman, 2 of the stars of the patch.
- PPD just made a FAQ outdraft video.
- The ability to adapt to the meta or create the meta is what determines LAN success. They were extremely lucky that teams were instabanning Leshrekt, but PPD rolled the dice and trusted Neckpillow could beat any hero mid and he did. I think their fate was sealed with support lesh.

Literally the only reason PPD's drafting worked as well as it did was because they had such an obscenely dominant mid player. Sumail didn't stomp those lanes so reliably and that series could've gone quite differently.

If you actually think CDEC can be reliably beaten at the draft by a majority of teams, you clearly didn't actually watch PPD's "FAQ outdraft video".

Stack camps for yourself unless you have an SF or a battlefury builder who is struggling. Shaker can clear camps once he has some levels, as can tusk and Beastmaster. Remember to always grab unused bounty runes and ask for some time in the safelane once your safelaner can jungle quickly.

Alright I guess I was on the right track, but my last game was just bad practice for it since my gyro couldn't farm to save his life, so I was constantly having to leave things for him I would have taken myself. With Shaker in particular any suggestions on how to manage my mana? I kind of felt the three or four time I did do a camp I would either get dangerously low on hp or mana. This may have been because I have went brown boots into blink instead of getting my arcs first. I feel like rushing blink on him is the right choice though I don't know.

Pratfall

Alright I guess I was on the right track, but my last game was just bad practice for it since my gyro couldn't farm to save his life, so I was constantly having to leave things for him I would have taken myself. With Shaker in particular any suggestions on how to manage my mana? I kind of felt the three or four time I did do a camp I would either get dangerously low on hp or mana. This may have been because I have went brown boots into blink instead of getting my arcs first. I feel like rushing blink on him is the right choice though I don't know.

nope, rushing blink on him, unless you get an incredible start, is a mistake usually. Start the game with 3 or so clarities, go soul ring, tranquil boots and use that sustain to farm and be in position for ganks. Without sustain, you will be running back to the fountain and spending money on tps.

You can go arcanes on him if your team needs it but I think soul ring tranquils is almost always better.

JustinBB7

Is there a trophy for doing x amount of compendium challenges? I did 9 I think, wonder if there is one if I do 10. Still have till tomorrow right?

nope, rushing blink on him, unless you get an incredible start, is a mistake usually. Start the game with 3 or so clarities, go soul ring, tranquil boots and use that sustain to farm and be in position for ganks. Without sustain, you will be running back to the fountain and spending money on tps.

You can go arcanes on him if your team needs it but I think soul ring tranquils is almost always better.

The tranquils+soul ring thing makes a ton of sense. Thanks a ton!

watching old videos with the old rosh location still destroys my mind.
Saw a video earlier with the old Rosh layout and was wondering why somebody would mirror a dota video. I think it took me like 5mins to remember about the layout change.

Top Bottom