• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

liezryou

Can someone explain/link me this latest happening on the Kuro vs Rtz shit? I'm kinda lost.

5JFhOkP.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can someone explain/link me this latest happening on the Kuro vs Rtz shit? I'm kinda lost.

-rtz calls kuro a prideful human being and a liar, saying his public persona is a sham and that they had major disagreements and disliked one another, claims all of secret sided with him (arteezy), even puppey
-kuro responds with "I understand rtz he's just young and needed someone to blame. I tried to reach out and I hoped we could work things out"
-rtz says kuro's response is just another fake-ish lie that doesn't accurately acknowledge the issues between then
-envy, zai. and 1437 publicly support rtz

So we'll probably never know the actual details behind the kuro/rtz disagreement, but it's looking more and more like kuro was the major instigator.

TUSR

Banned
I remember seeing Kuro outside the players entrance about an hour after Secret got eliminated. Dude was livid.

Everyone else just looked disappointed.

Acti

-rtz calls kuro a prideful human being and a liar, saying his public persons is a sham and that they had major disagreements and disliked one another, claims all of secret sided with him (arteezy), even puppey
-kuro responds with "I understand rtz he's just young and needed someone to blame. I tried to reach out and I hoped we could work things out"
-rtz says kuro's response is just another fake-ish lie that doesn't accurately acknowledge the issues between then
-envy, zai. and 1437 publicly support rtz

So we'll probably never know the actual details behind the kuro/rtz disagreement, but it's looking more and more like kuro was a major instigator.

Thanks for getting me into the loop. I just read Zai blog post over at TL, pretty interesting stuff. Too bad we don't know what the "disagreement" was about. It's hard for me to see Kuro getting this bad reputation. But them again no need to speculate since we don't know the details. This shit is some real drama, Reddit sure is loving it.

Artanisix

"So we'll probably never know the actual details behind the kuro/rtz disagreement, but it's looking more and more like kuro was the major instigator."

strictly based on hearsay yes, looks like kuro is the "bad guy"

but no one wants to man up and actually say something with any degree of content soo

Hylian7

nope, just 200 down the drain
he kept it til the end too
stout and kraken don't stack
Doesn't stack but is calculated before kraken shell, so if it procs and the level you have of shell has lower damage block than the shield, it is totally worth it. I used to think it wasn't too.

Doesn't stack but is calculated before kraken shell, so if it procs and the level you have of shell has lower damage block than the shield, it is totally worth it. I used to think it wasn't too.

Literally the only time where it's worth it is if the harass is completely right-click based and there's a fuck ton of it and it's coming at you from the second the creeps meet to the second you get at least lvl 3.

Otherwise, just getting more tangoes/1 more salve is usually a better choice.

Hylian7

Literally the only time where it's worth it is if the harass is completely right-click based and there's a fuck ton of it and it's coming at you from the second the creeps meet to the second you get at least lvl 3.

Otherwise, just getting more tangoes/1 more salve is usually a better choice.

except it's not
I must be out of the loop on this, what changed that made it not worth it?

It's still not the worst thing in the world and certainly not pub game-losing.

TUSR

Banned

6.84 kraken buff, similar cost items offer more, etc

doesn't matter if it "won't lose you pubs"

itemize better.

Volodja

Stout Shield has a 50% chance to block 16 damage, level 1 Kraken shell has a 100% chance of blocking 12%.
That 50% chance of blocking 4% more damage is really not worth 200 gold (or even the 100 if you sell it later) and if you really need it you can just completely overshadow it at level 3 with level 2 Kraken Shell that blocks 24 damage.

G.ZZZ

Stout shield was nerfed to be better for jungling but worse for laning, and lvl 1 stout is already worse thatn lvl 1 kraken and than ring of protection against >40 damage attacks.

Hylian7

6.84 kraken buff, similar cost items offer more, etc

doesn't matter if it "won't lose you pubs"

itemize better.

Stout Shield has a 50% chance to block 16 damage, level 1 Kraken shell has a 100% chance of blocking 12%.
That 50% chance of blocking 4% more damage is really not worth 200 gold (or even the 100 if you sell it later) and if you really need it you can just completely overshadow it at level 3 with level 2 Kraken Shell that blocks 24 damage.

Stout shield was nerfed to be better for jungling but worse for laning, and lvl 1 stout is already worse thatn lvl 1 kraken and than ring of protection against >40 damage attacks.

Didn't realize that. My point with that "pub-losing" thing wasn't "It's okay to totes buy this." but more like "It's not like your teammate buying this is exactly like buying two blink daggers"

TUSR

Banned
Didn't realize that. My point with that "pub-losing" thing wasn't "It's okay to totes buy this." but more like "It's not like your teammate buying this is exactly like buying two blink daggers"
your analogies and reasoning are insane sometimes

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
2 minutes finding a server on EU west
sleeping.gif

Also went 11-3 yesterday but am at 3-5 today, feels bad man. Although the people I have had to play with today... My God.

I think I am physically incapable of playing Dota without voice or text chat, it just makes me so antsy

When I get muted (as I am now) I just resort to trolling

G.ZZZ

Whataboutism in dota? This world is the worst shit sometimes.

Deadly

Hylian7

your analogies and reasoning are insane sometimes

Whataboutism in dota? This world is the worst shit sometimes.
You said "Improve your itemization" I agree with you about that and learned something about the Stout Shield thing. The original post that brought this whole subject to was Shuggs giving teammates shit for doing it. I was trying to say it isn't something worth yelling at your teammates about, but of course you can correct them for future reference. What exactly is insane about that?

Top Bottom