• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

so EE is gonna team with Bone7 again, Go F*** yourself Envy, at this point they may be a couple which is totally fine.

hey man. Western European version of Na'Vi. Why good players marry themselves to average players and torpedo their own chances is beyond me.

As I've said many times before, you can play in pubs with your friends. They don't need to be with you where you're trying to make your bread to feed your family, you know? EG and many Chinese teams in particular understand that particularly well. EE and Dendi need to get on board with that if they want to make this real fuckin money Dota2 is paying out in 2015 and beyond.

Qvoth

we drama boyzzzzzzzzz
checked out the reddit shuffle mega thread, some of it it's fucking hilarious, ee and biryu and possibly mason on the same team? jesus christ hahaha
i still remember the 1st time ee and biryu got into the same team in pubs, sounded like there's 2 ee

we drama boyzzzzzzzzz
checked out the reddit shuffle mega thread, some of it it's fucking hilarious, ee and biryu and possibly mason on the same team? jesus christ hahaha
i still remember the 1st time ee and biryu got into the same team in pubs, sounded like there's 2 ee
ee's team is gonna have an anime entrance exam.

Big Dog

Trying to get back into Dota. Just played a match where I think I had a first. Checked the dotabuff after just to see how much more tower damage I had done than anyone on my team. Only to find two team mates hadn't even hit a tower for 1 point of damage in a 46 minute game. Like how...

That actually seems way more mature than I'd expect from pretty much any pro-gamer right now.

I wonder if this EG is truly going to be any different from the last RTZ incarnation of EG.

Well RTZ will be surrounded by people older than him except for SumaiL and all of them will have more TI championships than he has, so i expect the flaming to be minimal. You can bet your ass Fear won't be having that shit.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
why is he angry?

Because he claims kuro's entire cool, collected public persona is bullshit, called him a "liar," and said he didn't acknowledge any of their actual issues in his response. Looks like he's particular upset at being called stubborn/accused of not wanting to work things out.

Swig_

I really don't know how anyone likes or even supports rtz. He's incredibly immature and arrogant. Yeah, he may be one of the best players right now, but that just drags his team down along with him. I'd be surprised if he wins a TI ever, despite being so good at this position, because of this attitude.. and I don't think that he deserves to win. I can't stand listening to anything he says.

And now he's going to ruin EG, the team I had decided to root for since Na'Vi appears to be falling apart.

Low Tier
yes b/c we know what every dota player's personality is like

dota imba is better than regular dota im convinced

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I played my first games of HotS tonight. It seems alright. A little basic. I've been using League and Infinite Crisis (RIP) as my go-to, stress-free Dota-likes and both of those games were a little too similar to Dota and required a lot of the same critical thinking in order to succeed. HotS is definitely going to be a lot better for that purpose as it requires almost no critical thinking. I really hate Blizzard's art style and I muted the awful music first chance I got, but I think it might be worth fucking around with occasionally.

ed: you know, I was brainstorming with my friends while we played HotS about its lack of all chat. I can't really think of any instance where it benefits you to be able to speak to the other team in these games. The all chat in Dota is used exclusively for shit talking. Why does it exist?

W1SSY

ed: you know, I was brainstorming with my friends while we played HotS about its lack of all chat. I can't really think of any instance where it benefits you to be able to speak to the other team in these games. The all chat in Dota is used exclusively for shit talking. Why does it exist?

The only positive is for disconnects and finding out if anyone knows the player. I have also had some fun nontoxic all chat with people before but that was only a handful of times out of my 1400 games.

Hylian7

I played my first games of HotS tonight. It seems alright. A little basic. I've been using League and Infinite Crisis (RIP) as my go-to, stress-free Dota-likes and both of those games were a little too similar to Dota and required a lot of the same critical thinking in order to succeed. HotS is definitely going to be a lot better for that purpose as it requires almost no critical thinking. I really hate Blizzard's art style and I muted the awful music first chance I got, but I think it might be worth fucking around with occasionally.

Talking about pauses mainly.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
The only positive is for disconnects and finding out if anyone knows the player. I have also had some fun nontoxic all chat with people before but that was only a handful of times out of my 1400 games.

Talking about pauses mainly.

Yeah this was the only thing we could think of too, and the game already has kind of a build in system for enabling longer pauses with a disconnected player.

It's so rare that cross-team chat is friendly. Even if I try to make jokes at the other team 9 times out of 10 some ragenaut kid on the other team thinks I'm talking shit and starts calling me a retard or whatever.

Well RTZ will be surrounded by people older than him except for SumaiL and all of them will have more TI championships than he has, so i expect the flaming to be minimal. You can bet your ass Fear won't be having that shit.
How is that any different from Secret except that EG have 2 more TI winners? He's going to almost the same team he was on 2 years ago except now they've won a TI.

Yasae

Banned
I really don't know how anyone likes or even supports rtz. He's incredibly immature and arrogant. Yeah, he may be one of the best players right now, but that just drags his team down along with him. I'd be surprised if he wins a TI ever, despite being so good at this position, because of this attitude.. and I don't think that he deserves to win. I can't stand listening to anything he says.

And now he's going to ruin EG, the team I had decided to root for since Na'Vi appears to be falling apart.
I kept hearing about how good he was, but he got turfed in more than a few games during TI5. His skill level is a bit overrated. And ppd may draft well, but his play ain't exactly golden. Everyone has their weaknesses.

How is that any different from Secret except that EG have 2 more TI winners? He's going to almost the same team he was on 2 years ago except now they've won a TI.
The difference I think will be that support Fear will probably punch him the fuckin face if he comes at him wrong. Really, there appears to be more respect in general between them there. Everyone on EG is among the top in the world in their position and known quantities to him where the Secret group were a new experience. If his ego is such that he won't listen to players that literally just won TI (where Secret had guys some years and metas removed from their glory days), he'll be gone again.

JC Sera

360fx360f

Holy shit, you would need on average to have spent $4500 at the TI5 Secret Shop to unbox one of these things.
What is that, I couldn't find it on the wiki
spectre-what.gif

Hylian7

thanks
charm_smile.gif

gonna post this one more time: http://goo.gl/forms/cNffM3K0HM

gonna close it tomorrow

It's the golden version of the regular Flopjaw courier. You get it from the code on the back of the CM Emoticharm, and there's a chance you get the golden one instead.

On a random note, I think I would like to claim OT12 if someone hasn't already done so. I'm working on an OP for it, and want to include something more informative about the game. I know it changes a lot with patches, but I think there are some constants have always remained the same and always will, and absolutely worth talking about in the OP. I know plenty of people have been driven away by the lack of information in OPs in the past.

Something I'm working on is a writeup of what each hero does in a nutshell. IceFrog doesn't really change what the hero does, as they still pretty much do the same thing, just their abilities work differently. Examples of this is Bloodseeker still does what he was intended to do on his old version, and now with his remake does it much better. The same thing goes for PL. This is an example I wrote for Drow.

Drow Ranger - A ranged carry with a great attack range. She stays away from enemies and picks them off at a distance, as her passive ultimate that gives her more Agility (which means more damage) is negatively affected by enemies being near her. She can keep these enemies away from her with slows, silence, and a knockback ability as well as good positioning. She has a passive that gives every ranged hero on her team extra damage based on her own Agility, so picking many ranged heroes with her is a great strategy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, did a real reason come out for why EG kicked Aui? Did they want RTZ that badly they just made room for him (And worried about the Unstoppable 100% winrate EE + RTZ Dream Team)? Did PPD just not get along/like Aui? Both/Nether?

Except for the last paragraph nothing of what Zai is talking about is new or anything, but it's good that he's bringing it up.
So, did a real reason come out for why EG kicked Aui? Did they want RTZ that badly they just made room for him (And worried about the Unstoppable 100% winrate EE + RTZ Dream Team)? Did PLD just not get along/like Aui? Both/Nether?
I don't think we've gotten an official statement on why they released him yet, but it probably has something to do with PPD not liking the fact that Aui talks a lot during games(going by that interview he gave at DAC) and I guess the other team members agreed.

Hylian7

Except for the last paragraph nothing of what Zai is talking about is new or anything, but it's good that he's bringing it up.

I don't think we've gotten an official statement on why they released him yet, but it probably has something to do with PPD not liking the fact that Aui talks a lot during games(going by that interview he gave at DAC) and I guess the other team members agreed.

Talking as in communication or what exactly?

I still think that even if the rest of EG thinks it was the "right" decision, I think it will show in the future that it was the wrong decision. If EG starts performing poorly in upcoming tournaments then we will see this. The common saying is "Don't mess with success", but I feel like it applies even moreso here. I mean, they won a TI with that team, why change things? We may never know all the reasons why, but just looking at what we do know, it really doesn't make much sense.

J2d

"Destroy any barracks before 30 mins"
Nah lets discard that one..
"Destroy any barracks before 25mins"
Why u do dis valve =(

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
So close to making my way back to 50% WR I can taste it!

Threw my WR down to 45% by playing way too much All Random. Currently 52.1% in All Pick though, so not sure why I care so much!

(Because people give me shit when they look at the WR on the top right on Dotabuff
cry.gif
)

Tworak

with all this juicy after party drama this TI might actually be one of the better ones and not one of the shittiest ones. lul.

would be cool if imballiance get the band together again. but without the beautiful french boy? humm.

with all this juicy after party drama this TI might actually be one of the better ones and not one of the shittiest ones. lul.

would be cool if imballiance get the band together again. but without the beautiful french boy? humm.
There's no reason for Alliance to kick Mad unless he wants to leave or they can get a top tier support in his place like N0tail or Aui(which I doubt). His play has been okay and his drafts were good, so even if S4 would come back and become captain again it's still nice to also have Mad's perspective on things.

There's no reason for Alliance to kick Mad unless he wants to leave or they can get a top tier support in his place like N0tail or Aui(which I doubt). His play has been okay and his drafts were good, so even if S4 would come back and become captain again it's still nice to also have Mad's perspective on things.

Is bdn still considered a top tier support tho?
He has been underwhelming this ti even on his signature io

Top Bottom