• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

The entire team did poorly, I wouldn't say he's dropped a tier just because he had a bad tournament. He's still a very smart and young player with a lot of experience.

Yeah C9 had a terrible TI but I'd say most of their players are still top tier, they're just really a classic example of a team without strong leadership

Apparently burning said on stream what i said in this thread. I'm basically a pro dota player as far as insight in to dota drama goes, guys.

Apparently burning said on stream what i said in this thread. I'm basically a pro dota player as far as insight in to dota drama goes, guys.

Fish-God !
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

Quesa

Fish-God !
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

It all makes sense

I still think that even if the rest of EG thinks it was the "right" decision, I think it will show in the future that it was the wrong decision. If EG starts performing poorly in upcoming tournaments then we will see this. The common saying is "Don't mess with success", but I feel like it applies even moreso here. I mean, they won a TI with that team, why change things? We may never know all the reasons why, but just looking at what we do know, it really doesn't make much sense.

They could start performing terribly for a number of reasons. Maybe 6.85 comes sooner than we think and fucks up their playstyle. Maybe people figure out how to beat SumaiL's mid. Maybe, as is often the case, they peak after winning TI and without that motivation to keep them going they get content, don't put the heart into practice they should, and peter out, just like every team who's won a TI has (with the arguable exception of Na'Vi, who made TI finals twice). "Don't mess with success" is a bad idea when it means becoming content while every other team still has the drive and motivation to overtake you. "They won a TI" is the exact reason, I think, they should change things. You're right in that we'll never know now whether them peter(pan dam)ing out would have happened, but I'm guessing EG wanted to avoid finding out.

Sucks for Aui, obvs, and I don't disagree that he won them TI to some extent, but how long does that last? How long until people start figuring out Naga/Techies? How long do those characters stay as strong in the meta? Aui's obviously a talented player and could adapt, but we could say that about several players. I think Aui's stronger than a gimmick pick, but maybe not with EG. So I think changing a winning lineup is something more teams should do. The game, the meta, the scene, is too fluid for them not to.

far more than any journalist or enthusiast in the scene

I resent that :mad:

;)

Madouu

Zai writes an extremely well thought out piece about reddit and how misinformation tends to spread but then he goes on and sides with arteezy vs kuro without giving actual details as to why which will ultimately just fuel more drama on reddit and the likes.

I wish he gave us the full story of what is going on between the two, he obviously has the writing quality to express it in a clear and intelligible way, far more than any journalist or enthusiast in the scene.

This half-half approach only encourages more speculation but I understand not wanting to be the one to escalate an interpersonal conflict in public.

inkls

Btw, since the deadline for the roster lock for the major is in like 2-3 weeks I'm guessing that the majors will be either in October or November so 6.85 in September or October?

Nymerio

This is why I love All Random:

ZmOlc6il.png

You don't get these games that often but when you do so much fun. Everyone knew we had to win asap, so it was aggression from minute one. After troll got continually styled on he abandoned and the rest was just mopping up.

Next game I got DK who I hadn't played since 2013, ended the game something like 24/7/x. Didn't know the hero can be that fun to play.

Even if you are, it's a good item. Isn't level 3 kraken + stout shield the point where you take zero damage from ancients?

IIRC they don't stack at all

Doesn't make Stout a bad item though, he needs it in some lanes until he gets enough levels in Kraken, you need at least level 3 to get 2 points in Kraken and in the offlane those levels don't come for free.

KingKong

Zai writes an extremely well thought out piece about reddit and how misinformation tends to spread but then he goes on and sides with arteezy vs kuro without giving actual details as to why which will ultimately just fuel more drama on reddit and the likes.

I wish he gave us the full story of what is going on between the two, he obviously has the writing quality to express it in a clear and intelligible way, far more than any journalist or enthusiast in the scene.

This half-half approach only encourages more speculation but I understand not wanting to be the one to escalate an interpersonal conflict in public.

Zai is cool but fuck EE and Rtz for saying shit on their streams or random tweets and then complaining about reddit. They're just using their popularity to ruin a guys reputation with absolutely no one knowing any facts. It seriously went from everyone hating EG and Rtz for kicking Aui to hating Kuro in a day

Actually I wonder why nobody wants to actually say what happened. Either don't say anything at all or spill the beans, and the former is clearly not possible anymore. This is some highschool nonsense going on right now.

Sanjay

Actually I wonder why nobody wants to actually say what happened. Either don't say anything at all or spill the beans, and the former is clearly not possible anymore. This is some highschool nonsense going on right now.

It gets worse by the day, Puppey to post his two cents tomorrow and s4 the day after.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So, did a real reason come out for why EG kicked Aui? Did they want RTZ that badly they just made room for him (And worried about the Unstoppable 100% winrate EE + RTZ Dream Team)? Did PLD just not get along/like Aui? Both/Nether?

There's a reason why organizations don't often reveal the reason for parting ways with someone unless forced to, and it's usually out of respect for the person in question. Could have been quite simply, "we didn't like his play/didn't see him as a good fit for the long run." Not cool to release stuff like that publicly and of course the reddit Salem horde would jump on it like moths to a flame, "BUIT AUI WON U TI!!! U CANT DO THIS FUK PPD!"

Madouu

Might be that it's all too childish and noone is really proud of it. This is when someone like Cyborgmatt should intervene in my opinion with some kind of press release with statements from both sides to end the drama. Or they could just wait it out until the next dota tele novel chapter airs, maybe it will be Fy stabbing Fenrir in the back this time, that would surely make everyone forget about kureezy.

TUSR

Banned
Like 8 tangos or 2 pooled?

Kraken shell and stout are dmg blocks and cannot occur on the same attack

Level 3 tide with 2 in kraken makes stout pointless. I don't know math, but even 1 point in kraken these days is enough to itemize off of getting stout.

Madouu

Tide is still so good in pubs, one of my favorite anti pl/meepo last second picks, you just shit on them in the lane unless they have very strong trilanes which is often not the case. And then you proceed to win mid game fights from there. You don't even need blink most of the time, just sustain and tonk everything. He is so hard to force out of a lane if he has enough regen.

Top Bottom