• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when a professional sports team cuts a player they don't release a statement picking apart every negative aspect about that player. Completely unprofessional.

That's why the official statement said nothing of the details, nor any of the tweets. However, reddit pitchforking in general was dragging EG's brand and the player's rep in general into the ground based on speculation--so I don't blame PPD for coming out to set the record straight and give the other side of the story.

t0rment

That's why the official statement said nothing of the details, nor any of the tweets. However, reddit pitchforking in general was dragging EG's brand and the player's rep in general into the ground based on speculation--so I don't blame PPD for coming out to set the record straight and give the other side of the story.

so you say that the player you just kicked is cancer. so professional.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
so you say that the player you just kicked is cancer. so professional.

Well leddit demanded answers and a response for EG's unjustified "betrayal" of Aui the angel, so EG (PPD) folded and gave the reason/justification behind the kick--they didn't really like his play nor his attitude. So he got cut. End of story. To their team, it appears he was "locker room cancer," sorry if that's not the answer/justification people wanted to hear.

No one is claiming he's not a good player, but it's obvious now he wasn't a good fit for EG in the long run. They had issues since he joined that appear to be unresolved, hence why they parted ways. Yeah, in traditional sports and/or firings these details don't get released out of respect for the person (which is obviously what EG wanted to do), but the public backlash against the players on EG and the brand itself (all based on speculation and rumors) kind of forced some sort of more detailed response. Perhaps it could have been more polite, but whatever, it was blunt and to the point.

inkls

your whole life is a meme

HEY NORMALFISH, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY CLINKZ. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX STRAFE SO I CAN TAKE MULTIPLE SHOTS AT MEMES PER SECOND LIKE YOU DO, SEARING ARROWS SO I CAN MAKE SICK BURNS LIKE YOU, OR SKELETON WALK LIKE YOU WALKED OUT AND UNINSTALLED DOTA 2?

G.ZZZ

Sry if i'm a bit offtopic but, just saying

I tried that stupid TB mid shit and while max refraction and shit wasn't really that good, the hero is really strong mid. He has higher armor than naga, natural 2.5 hp regen, and low BAT. In a lot of MU, you can just walk up to ur opponent, slow him, and rightclick furiously because he can't trade with a 7 armor 1.4 bat rightclicker. Beware of storm though, because he just murder u with remnants + overload, all magical that surpass ur armor.

If he get some base str next patch he'll be a monster laner and rek u all over again. I however think he feel too similar to naga as any illusion hero just become a splitpusher annoying shit. If icefraud want him to make him less splitpushing focused like Naga, i wuldn't be surprised to see:

Mirror Image -> Fel Image
80 mana, 22/18/14/10 sec cd
Create an untargetable, uncontrollable illusion of urself that attack the same target as u do (same orders as u), has 522 ms and no pathing. Last 8 seconds, 40%/50%/60%/70% damage. Both the fel image and the slowing image from the Q can be sundered for full HP heal.

To make him a bit more unique, it would be an hybrid between lancer and naga, in the sense that the illusions are shorted lived and better for fight like lancer, but also good for pushing like Naga, plus would fit with the them of his illusions being different as in , they're invulnerable and untargetable.

JC Sera

Sry if i'm a bit offtopic but, just saying

I tried that stupid TB mid shit and while max refraction and shit wasn't really that good, the hero is really strong mid. He has higher armor than naga, natural 2.5 hp regen, and low BAT. In a lot of MU, you can just walk up to ur opponent, slow him, and rightclick furiously because he can't trade with a 7 armor 1.4 bat rightclicker. Beware of storm though, because he just murder u with remnants + overload, all magical that surpass ur armor.

If he get some base str next patch he'll be a monster laner and rek u all over again.
AYbovJX.png

Many are looking forward to that day

also so many answers to the "What buff would you like to see in 6.85?" is "GIFF TB STR++++"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HEY NORMALFISH, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY CLINKZ. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX STRAFE SO I CAN TAKE MULTIPLE SHOTS AT MEMES PER SECOND LIKE YOU DO, SEARING ARROWS SO I CAN MAKE SICK BURNS LIKE YOU, OR SKELETON WALK LIKE YOU WALKED OUT AND UNINSTALLED DOTA 2?

HEY INKLS, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY STORM SPIRIT. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX STATIC REMNANT LIKE HOW STATIC YOUR PICKS ARE, OVERLOAD LIKE HOW YOU OVERLOADED GAFS BAN LIST, OR BALL LIGHTNING SO I CAN BAIL OUT LIKE HOW YOU BAILED ON ME IN IHL?
fail.gif

AYbovJX.png

Many are looking forward to that day

I really don't get the "Hur dur Terrorblade sux" meme from Reddit.

inkls

HEY INKLS, I'M TRYING TO LEARN TO PLAY STORM SPIRIT. I JUST HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE SKILL BUILD: SHOULD I MAX STATIC REMNANT LIKE HOW STATIC YOUR PICKS ARE, OVERLOAD LIKE HOW YOU OVERLOADED GAFS BAN LIST, OR BALL LIGHTNING SO I CAN BAIL OUT LIKE HOW YOU BAILED ON ME IN IHL?
fail.gif

oh shit, pls no flame, I surrender

well played

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I really don't get the "Hur dur Terrorblade sux" meme from Reddit.

Wats to get TB just sux

I think the whole meme is just a result of the hero getting nuked into fucking oblivion after 1 week in the sun.

It makes even more sense when you factor in his dota1 history which is unknown to reddit probs, but regardless TB is a hero who is notorious for being fucking awful in dota1 for years. Story of his life is a cycle of constant remakes and skill reworks.

when a professional player gets cut they dont bitch and whine on social media

usually

and it was ppd that released the statement, not EG itself.

Two overly emotional tweets is equivalent to calling someone cancer.

Yeah ok. HR would flay you alive if put out something like this as his former boss if he was, I dunno, a claims adjuster, no matter how much "Reddit is being mean to me :( " flack you're getting.

PPD was perfectly justified in letting Aui go, but this blog post is needlessly inflammatory and insulting to the player. Aui's tweets were unprofessional and childish, sure, but this blog reads like someone posting from a place of anger with an axe to grind.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wats to get TB just sux

I think the whole meme is just a result of the hero getting nuked into fucking oblivion after 1 week in the sun.

I don't know, there are heroes like Alchemist and Lone Druid who are really weak right now, and they get no love.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I don't know, there are heroes like Alchemist and Lone Druid who are really weak right now, and they get no love.

I'd consider TB weaker but that opinion obviously changes from person to person.

Regardless, LD and Alch have left dominating mark(s) on the dota metagame across the years, TB has sucked shit for over 8 years, was remade like 8 times, and then released into CM for 1 week before being completely destroyed.

JC Sera

I can understand Lone Druid, but why is Alch not as popular as TB?
is it cause hes not a 2edgy4me demon lord illidan expy

I can understand Lone Druid, but why is Alch not as popular as TB?
is it cause hes not a 2edgy4me demon lord illidan expy

He's even lower-impact for most of the game, I think, even though he farms extremely fast. Atleast TB can push lanes and be a threat in lane with metamorph, but alch is just bad and doesn't get as much out of his first couple of items as tb does

Wats to get TB just sux

It makes even more sense when you factor in his dota1 history which is unknown to reddit probs, but regardless TB is a hero who is notorious for being fucking awful in dota1 for years. Story of his life is a cycle of constant remakes and skill reworks.

u played dota 1? what are you doing here gramps
troll.gif

G.ZZZ

Alche is a good design, but a fucking ugly one tbh.

Also pure ricer with stun and generic AoE effect uuuh. Illusions at least are like super gameplay infinite possibilities etc...

LD is megaboring , he can literally only rightclick people and nothing else. I argue however that he is still an extremely flavorful design so i think he's fine thematically wise, he just need buffs.

WK is super imba no one of you have any idea. If he get buffed again he slay. His biggest problem this patch is that PL and AM are super popular, but give him 0 mana ulti again and he's gucci. He still has 56% win rate for a reason and i don't think he's bad even now.

Spec is another hero that will become broken the moment octarine dispersion get fixed.

Huskar imho is too polarizing, he just stomp pubs low on control and pure nukes and as a last pick is just soo depressing to play against. I understand situational picks need to exist because you can't get 100 allrounded heroes they'd feel all the same, but not even brood is so anti-pick dependant as he is.

KKA and LC are all worse than said heroes imho. Well, maybe not KKA but he feel like no role is actually good for him dunno.

TUSR

Banned
August 18, 2015
  • Greatly reduced the time it takes to enter the game when locking in your hero at the end of hero selection.
  • Fixed a bug where reconnecting during hero selection could prevent joining the game.
  • Fixed an exploit involving issuing orders that target units in the fog of war.
  • Various improvements in memory usage.
  • Fixed some crashes on 32bit operating systems.
  • Fixed placing wards over cut-down trees.
  • Added an actions panel to the profile so that you can interact with a user directly from their profile (to, for example, add them as a friend, watch their game, etc..)
  • Fixed a bug where the equipped item for the hero loadout wasn't showing the correct full name of the item if only 1 item other than the default was equipped.
  • Added "Pro Info" tab to the player profile (local profile only), where you can specify your name, team, sponsor, role, and country.
  • The "Add Friend" dialog has been connected.
  • If whispers are disabled in settings, the steam overaly will be used instead for any outgoing messages you send.
  • Improved performance in the Armory with many items.
  • Hammer: Implemented the ability to preview the fog of war light settings in Hammer.
  • Hammer: Fixed bug where the specular power light setting didn't preview correctly.
  • Mac: Treat Command as Alt on Macs.

Satch

Banned
my noob friend isnt the noob he was when he started anymore

im so proud of him ;____;
he makes so many game winning plays now, prolly more than anyone else in satchstack. and he's so patient and he responds to ganks a lot and im just so happy. ;___; ti6 here we come ;___;

G-Unit

you know what real cancer is? people defending PPD. He is dick, if you like dicks its fine, but stop pretending he is not.

inkls

you know what real cancer is? people defending PPD. He is dick, if you like dicks its fine, but stop pretending he is not.

I thought real cancer was a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body and cause death?

Top Bottom