• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

inkls

honestly tho, I don't feel like theres good counterplay vs slark. I think the hero needs a complete rework. Here's what I got so far:

Dark Pact replaced with Dark presence:

places a shadow version of slark that explodes and does aoe dmg after 1 second of being placed. It stays up for 12 seconds.

Pounce replaced with grapple:

Slark grabs his target and drags him towards him. Slows slark for 50% ms for 3 sec.

Essence shift replaced with inner strenght:

every time slark uses an ability, he gains bonus dmg on his next attack which also slows ms and attack speed.

Shadow dance reworked:

Shadow dance now allows slark to ignore terrain. Consumes mana based on distance traveled.
clock-eyebrow.gif

shira

Seems like Kurt didn't learn after EE kicked him. Communication issues and quitter attitude. Both captains asked him directly to work on it, nothing changed after almost 2 years

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly tho, I don't feel like theres good counterplay vs slark. I think the hero needs a complete rework. Here's what I got so far:

clock-eyebrow.gif

sounds like op trash, icefraud would have to be stupid to use these ideas

nice tuned in just in time to see toe get kicked from another stack for being afk

my mom literally turned up at the door unannounced right as i was outside having a cigarette

It always feels good when you take advantage of the pub mentality of "farm and kill but never push" and just secure a tonne of farm for your Void and just wreck them late game.

EDIT: Elder Titan and Faceless Void IS SUCH A FANTASTIC COMBO.

Wok

To touch on the stressful environment I don't think I have ever been more stressed out in my life than I had been the past 3 months.

I would spend hours in my head preparing strategy and going through drafts with Sam only to have aui question our strategy as we sat down at the goddamn stage.

Let's also talk about the WB finals before we move on where Aui turned into the most cancerous player aside from CWM I had ever seen with an 18 MILLION DOLLAR TOURNAMENT LEFT TO PLAY. Honestly show some composure and don't whine on your teammates. We lost, learn from it and move on we've both played enough tournies to know how these things work.

If Aui had not questioned the stupid Razor pick and Dark Seer bans, maybe games would have been lost in the grand finals... It is stupid drafts which make games harder.

ppd sounds salty because someone questioned his mistakes in the WB finals.

if you can't keep your composure at TI you're useless to me

Basically, you have to obey and "keep a composure" in the booths...

Quesa

How do you know it wasn't aui who suggested those picks in the first place and ppd was salty about having listened to him

t0rment

How do you know it wasn't aui who suggested those picks in the first place and ppd was salty about having listened to him

because he was the one who flamed ppd after the game? therefore the chance of ppd being the one who picked that shitty hero is way higher.

it doesn't really matter, eg will go into oblivion like most of the other ti champions.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
This what I took from his blog as well, very controlling and wants people to respect his authority or else. Most likely a horrible individual but i'm guessing we already knew that, I'm taking his point a view with a massive grain of salt.

Well... it works doesn't it? EG has been a top contender ever since PPD joined and took over captaining/drafting duties, despite their roster changing on multiple occasions. His job is to win games and lead his team, not to be mr. nice guy with everyone. I think multiple pros have come out and said having a multitude of voices trying to influence the draft/strat isn't exactly great as you end up with a jumbled mess rather than one draft, one vision, one strat to execute, and the whole one voice/direction philosophy definitely seems to work for EG.

I didn't really get that he hates input/criticism from that blog, he just wants it given at the appropriate time--aka when they are developing strats before games. It is fucking annoying to have prepared, worked on, and probably practiced a strat as a team for weeks and then have that one guy (who you have to wait for him to take a breath if you want to get a word in) just start losing his shit and whining about it seconds before go time.

It's almost like EG as a team (not just PPD) decided to boot Aui for legitimate reasons, but obviously didn't want to list those reasons in the official memo out of respect for the player in question. Sadly, the mob hate train demanding answers and pitchforking kinda forced their hand.

KingKong

Well... it works doesn't it? EG has been a top contender ever since PPD joined and took over captaining/drafting duties, despite their roster changing on multiple occasions. His job is to win games and lead his team, not to be mr. nice guy with everyone. I think multiple pros have come out and said having a multitude of voices trying to influence the draft/strat isn't exactly great as you end up with a jumbled mess rather than one draft, one vision, one strat to execute, and the whole one voice/direction philosophy definitely seems to work for EG.

but they won their biggest events with Aui and it sounds like the problems with Rtz stemmed from the same issues (ppd not wanting to listen to Rtz advice)

e:

PPD and I had a lot of conversations about how to play the current metagame and stuff.
I tried to explain what I though about the game. I was never applied. None of the stuff we talked about was applied in game. We played against VP.Polar and all the stuff we talked about, how to pick, wasn't used. That's when I said FUCK IT MAN.

Low Tier
wasnt it more cuz zai didnt want in any more, and after poor results they both went to secret cuz it was this promised superteam?

kappa123 no copy pasta

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
If Aui had not questioned the stupid Razor pick and Dark Seer bans, maybe games would have been lost in the grand finals... It is stupid drafts which make games harder.

ppd sounds salty because someone questioned his mistakes in the WB finals.

Basically, you have to obey and "keep a composure" in the booths...

So when exactly did Valve release the player comms? Can anyone link me ?
Kappa.png

but they won their biggest events with Aui and it sounds like the problems with Rtz stemmed from the same issues (ppd not wanting to listen to Rtz advice)

e:

They also won their biggest events with sumail... and fear.... and universe... and PPD. All we know from the ppd/rtz dynamic was that rtz and ppd had disagreements on certain heroes, but well, look who is slinking back to his old team/captain and calling himself stupid for leaving. RTZ has beat himself up now interviews, saying they could've worked out their issues quite easily and that he was selfish, and PPD also said he wish rtz had come to him so they could work things out. We know nothing else about their dynamic outside of this.

They seem like good friends now, and it shows in the blog post when PPD mentions old EG felt a lot more energetic, friendly, and fun--they all meshed well together despite getting 3rd place (with mason no less, come on that's a fucking achievement). Aui apparantly caused more problems and stress for the team despite their victories (both with his style of play and his personality), and so he got voted off the island.

Top Bottom