• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

SF is "the" mid hero, no matter how much the game changes. You look at the middle lane and you think of SF, his skillset just lends him to it. There's a reason the 1v1 mid tournament tiebreakers were on SF.

Also it shows new players they really need to learn how to last hit, especially with lower damage like his.

oh wow look @ that, fear managed to say goodbye to aui without being a raging anus

to be completely fair, nobody flames Fear ever, for any reason. It's just *assumed* that he's an innocent party to the rampaging villain known as PPD. It's easy to be that guy when there's no fire under your ass.

JC Sera

Wne0Xi3.png

I'v had issues with SFs that think they're all that :')

Acinixys

Day
Fucking
One

tinker_02.mp3
Me and Tinker we go way back Morty. What'd he look like before the exoskeleton? Like somebody you'd see at a bar.

witch_doctor_02.mp3
Morty, he may not look it but this is a real doctor. He cured me of my alcoholism. What do you talking about? You're still an alcoholic. What I mean is he made me care less about my alcoholism.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

JC Sera

different announcers for different people

Bastion & Stanley parable if you want an announcer to chill you out & take the edge off the game

Tusk, Clockwerk & BB are the best character announces

Trine & Kliener if you enjoy listening to half baked old men

Glados if ur a fucking masochist

SF is the hero for me if I want to watch my creep score get really high. I haven't played Dota for almost two weeks (TI5 took up a fair bit of that time but I haven't had the energy to play anyway) so playing a game of SF might help.

The GlaDOS announcer was the last thing I spent money on in Dota and I found it boring. Switched back to Bastion announcer and nowadays and just play on various smurfs with no stuff on them at all. :/ Haven't touched my main in over a year I think.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
rtz lost a game as a six slotted naga rofl

is he the worst player in the world??? answers on a postcard please

Apparently, there is an ESL tournament in CSGO starting soon in which players have to pass PED tests.

Interesting to say the least and frankly something I'd like to see in Dota 2 LAN events ASAP as well. There is no possible way people are not drugged in million dollar tournaments when there are no counter-measures. Hell, I'd juice too if I knew millions are on the line and nobody's checking.

JC Sera

Apparently, there is an ESL tournament in CSGO starting soon in which players have to pass PED tests.

Interesting to say the least and frankly something I'd like to see in Dota 2 LAN events ASAP as well. There is no possible way people are not drugged in million dollar tournaments when there are no counter-measures. Hell, I'd juice too if I knew millions are on the line and nobody's checking.
I mainly worry for any player who actually has ADHD

I mainly worry for any player who actually has ADHD

I doubt that would be a problem. If I recall correctly, medication for Asthma is prohibited in football/soccer, however players suffering from that condition are (obviously) allowed to take their medicine. I didn't bother researching how exactly football handles chronically ill players but surely it's a better solution to drug test everyone, ensure a clean tournament and work out the cases individually in which players had to take potentially illegal substances due to their health condition.

tootsi666

Those tests are mostly just a publicity trick. There is no proof that those drugs provide any kind of advantage (ESL doesn't give a shit) and the players have to tell ESL specifics about their possible medications despite the fact that everything leaks in esports.

Razzer

So cus of G.ZZZs post on Alchemist I decided to make a more creative concept for him. Numbers obviously not thought through very well.

Greed left as is. Maybe made more powerful.

Chemical rage is now a normal skill, doesn't give attack speed.

Golden infusion: Alchemist infuses himself with gold, creating a tough golden coat of armour.
Toggle
Gives 5/10/15/20 armour,
Whatever the attack speed from chemical rage is.
When turned on, consumes gold per second, I have no idea how much would be balanced though.

Ult: Melt down:
Alchemist melts items into gold, allowing him to sell them back for better price.
75/90/100% of original value.
300/180/60 cd.

The idea being that alch gets gold ridiculously fast, but also needs to consume it super fast. Ult allows you to come to each fight with different items, or sell a mid game item for full price and replace with a late game item, making Alch decent at all stages of the game an generally very versatile.

Thoughts on general concept?

but chemical rage doesn't increase AS
bounty-wag.gif

anyway that doesn't sound good, no more CC, etc
What alch needs is a general buff to melee carries (or nerf to ranged carries) and better stats

kionedrik

Buff Armlet and strength carries will be back.

It would also be nice if Halberd could be buffed a little or even get another level upgrade.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Armlet is too complicated tbh. It's one of the most confusing (and difficult to use well) items in the game but it's core on almost every Str carry.

Nah any STR carry can skip armlet and do as well tbh
When I see a WK rush armlet and get no blink I just want to kill myself, do you think enemies are going to stare at you while you walk towards them trying to stun them ? Nope

I don't build armlet on anything anymore, it's so underwhelming. Also I hate items that have tradeoffs like MoM and Armlet, why am I paying gold to get an item with downsides?

Top Bottom