• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Jadax

Apparently there are working cheats/hacks/exploits for this game? I mean I'm not super surprised...just a little bit because I never heard/saw them before.

until you see an AA on the other team

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1325664774
dac15_cool.gif

M.D

wait wut I just saw that you get compendium levels for buying the immmortal treasures and I bought like.. 5 or 6? how many levels would that give me? will it work if I opened them before having a compendium?

rather get helm
I got 55% on huskar, not on a huge sample but you can win just fine by skipping armlet

I got 39 kills on average on him. Whopping 2 games sample size (one of which I omitted Armlet in for whatever reason).

Not getting armlet on him just gimps him for no reason. Free Rosh, a lot of fight sustain with armlet toggling and so forth. Way too good to pass.

rather get helm
I got 55% on huskar, not on a huge sample but you can win just fine by skipping armlet

Word. Yea, I'm at about 53% after 120 Huskar games. I also get helm quite a bit. I'd have to look through these games to decide whether any of those matches where I did not buy an Armlet would/could have been made easier with one instead. What I do know is that prefer Armlet eventually supported by a Heart unless there's a very specific reason I think building to a Satanic is stronger. I think the later is more situational than the former, but ymmv. Build what you're comfortable with. If you don't feel good armlet toggling, don't buy that shit.

G.ZZZ

Huskar armlet give you min <10 solo rosh, in pubs that's amazing because you don't check rosh for a solo hero missing at like 10 mins in the game unless he's ursa. That win games boys.

Armlet is cheaper than AC, give you alot of damge early, makes you tanky, give you very good armor and its side effects are negated by your feast.
And with armlet you can farm faster than with just SnY. ALOT faster.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/885...=&region=&faction=&duration=&timezone=Etc/UTC
Well alright, but armlet gives no MS (when Naix is crazy kitable), marginal tankiness and damage when it's not toggled, and I am bad at toggling it. I mean, if your toggles are really good of course it's worth building, but why would I bother when SnY gives me similar early mid game presence without running the risk of killing myself?

Not to mention the fact that AC is a hell of a lot better than Armlet in basically every way, and naix needs to get big items as early as possible on this patch cause he's so garbage. If you're getting armlet, your item build becomes rather awkward I find.

Typically I like midas -> SnY -> AC/Basher

Wouldn't you rather rush the SnY than get midas first? I feel like Naix falls off too hard to be delaying your core items.

If I've got midgame heroes I skip midas, if I'm crushing lane or need to go a bit later, I go midas because the added GPM is fantastic and naix loves AS. Same with slark, I like to get the midas but typically don't.

CPCunha

Weird tech question...

My internet is working, i go and play a dota match... after the game, i have a loooong ass delay when opening new pages. Its like after dota my internet has problems with the initial handshake with servers...

Anyone ever experienced something like this? BTW, if i pull the plug on the router, it gets fixed.

Wouldn't you rather rush the SnY than get midas first? I feel like Naix falls off too hard to be delaying your core items.
There's a good chance at an early kill and/or outright forcing the enemy out of lane when playing Naix in pub games. He's also super easy to get last hits with, so you should get the Midas fast. That's why people usually do it. The problem I've noticed with people who do Midas first get super fixated on building it and if you kill them once or contest them for last hits early they become sort of irrelevant for the rest of the game.

There's a good chance at an early kill and/or outright forcing the enemy out of lane when playing Naix in pub games. He's also super easy to get last hits with, so you should get the Midas fast. That's why people usually do it. The problem I've noticed with people who do Midas first get super fixated on building it and if you kill them once or contest them for last hits early they become sort of irrelevant for the rest of the game.

You build midas on naix precisely because you want to fall off less

yeah, pretty much. Also he scales really well with attack speed, so unlike on some heroes, midas isn't just pure GPM increase.

Well alright, but armlet gives no MS (when Naix is crazy kitable), marginal tankiness and damage when it's not toggled, and I am bad at toggling it. I mean, if your toggles are really good of course it's worth building, but why would I bother when SnY gives me similar early mid game presence without running the risk of killing myself?

Not to mention the fact that AC is a hell of a lot better than Armlet in basically every way, and naix needs to get big items as early as possible on this patch cause he's so garbage. If you're getting armlet, your item build becomes rather awkward I find.

Typically I like midas -> SnY -> AC/Basher

I disagree with a midas as well. You want to get the armlet and sny asap, kill everyone and their mothers, end the game by 30 minutes when he is the strongest.

Another thought about LS, a good buff for him would be to have feast work roshan.

give 6.85 so my stack plays dota again
Cmon 6.84c is very enjoyable. I actually almost quit at the end of 6.83c because of how awful a patch that was (far and ahead the worst I experienced in Dota 2) but 6.84 is nothing like that.

I'm just annoyed that Storm Spirit is the 2nd most popular pick this week. I really despise playing against competent SS players and I don't feel like playing AM every other game.

I disagree with a midas as well. You want to get the armlet and sny asap, kill everyone and their mothers, end the game by 30 minutes when he is the strongest.

Another thought about LS, a good buff for him would be to have feast work roshan.
That really only works if you have a full 5 man that want to end the game really quick. Naix needs too many items to push and team fight effectively. Odd comparison, but you kinda need to think of him like an Alch where you fall off really hard late but need tons of items asap to win games. If you build lots of mid game items you'll just fall in to irrelevance as soon as the enemy carry gets literally any late game item.
Armlet is a terrible item. It is awful for almost all the hereos. Item needs a total rework.
lol.

Pratfall

Cmon 6.84c is very enjoyable. I actually almost quit at the end of 6.83c because of how awful a patch that was (far and ahead the worst I experienced in Dota 2) but 6.84 is nothing like that.

I'm just annoyed that Storm Spirit is the 2nd most popular pick this week. I really despise playing against competent SS players and I don't feel like playing AM every other game.

my complaint isnt with the patch. its just burnout on the game until something new happens. patches are great for getting people playing again.

Top Bottom