• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
RTZ did fine, the only stand out poor play would have been S4 in game 3 of Secret vs VP, which he just fell flat in. Was overly aggressive in a few key fight and they lost their entire lead for the game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The only thing I remember about secret at TI was a couple of games that RTZ smashed (luna, 1v4ing CDEC in the game that knocked them out).

I wish I could play adequately at TI5 and average over 600 gpm and xpm.
You think there's any pro carry out there that can't average that? You can easily average 600 GPM and still play like garbage, you can't quantify good carry play with 2 numbers. It's about decision making, item builds, skill builds, positioning, etc. Playing a carry is more simple than other roles but not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Hell, I've had games in which I had over 600 gpm but still played like crap.

Chinese reaction to the new team secret line up
130438xzlq8aakzjh6ghkg.gif

But not every pro carry averaged that at TI5.

I mean sure they could have. But they didn't.
And I'm saying that in the grand scheme of things how high your GPM is doesn't matter that much when you're losing games, also gpm heavily depends on what hero you're playing.

Like I can quote RTZ's kda for the main event to "prove" that he had a bad tournament and it would make about as much sense.

Real talk, I didn't even realise the sign had a function besides playing mind games with the enemy. Someone pointed out the protection aspect and I was like whoah.

That's only with aghs though
Yeah it's strong but.. not that much ? It's not like the sign is invisible itself so you pretty much know you have to avoid the zone

rac

Banned
And I'm saying that in the grand scheme of things how high your GPM is doesn't matter that much when you're losing games, also gpm heavily depends on what hero you're playing.

Like I can quote RTZ's kda for the main event to "prove" that he had a bad tournament and it would make about as much sense.

Sumail's KDA: 4.64

Arteezy's KDA: 3.76

I WONDER WHY EG SWITCHED UP THEIR WHOLE ROSTER TO GET THIS ADEQUATE MOTHER FUCKER

Low Tier
maybe if you learned to dress better you'd have better chances

pm me for help i will show you the light

or u coulda just told her you knew ronaldo i heard that works on all the euro girls just dont ever answer her calls after

Holden

fuck techies and fuck anybody who wanted him in the game

i suddenly play unranked cause somebody's MMR in the party wasn't high enough and had 3 games in a row of techies. F U C K T E C H I E S

Hylian7

I know obviously Techies gets a lot of hate now, but I'm curious what exactly prompted it because it seems to be there ever since 6.84 dropped.

He got a bunch of buffs in this patch, most of it being cooldown reductions, activation delay reductions, and of course the Minefield Sign Aghanim's buff which is the big one. Other than that though, the reasons people seem to hate him now are still stuff he had before 6.84: Makes going high ground more difficult, frustrating to walk into mines early game, suicides out of deaths.

Obviously the Minefield Sign change was pretty significant, but most agree that to deal with it, you just wait it out, push a different lane, or if it's to the point where he's using it to defend T4's/throne, just pick a different angle to attack from.

I guess the way I see it, Minefield Sign isn't much better than what he used to do, and still does with mines without the sign: Put them in clusters on high ground, force staff people in that try to get rid of them, etc. The only difference is you can't kill them, but killing them was always difficult because of lack of vision on the high ground, uphill miss, and of course being scared of getting Force Staffed into them. With Minefield Sign and Aghanim's, you know EXACTLY where a cluster of mines is, and to avoid that area for the next 180 seconds. There are still two other lanes, and if it's the last one that's keeping you from Mega Creeps, you can always wait it out, push the other lanes in and get the team to defend, or just try to wipe them away from the sign and let the creeps do the work in the last lane.

Like I said though, how is this much different than how he was in 6.83 and previous patches?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The difference is that he became a real pick ban in TI5.

Hylian7

The difference is that he became a real pick ban in TI5.
Well before TI5 people had this kind of hate for him though. Did it ever get to this level in any particular era during WC3 Dota? From all I read about it, competitive Techies was much rarer that he is today.

kasane

Well before TI5 people had this kind of hate for him though. Did it ever get to this level in any particular era during WC3 Dota? From all I read about it, competitive Techies was much rarer that he is today.

techies was mostly a troll pick in wc3 dota since low tier teams absolutely had no idea how to deal with him. Pubs hate him because techies players was fucking useless back then

Hylian7

techies was mostly a troll pick in wc3 dota since low tier teams absolutely had no idea how to deal with him. Pubs hate him because techies players was fucking useless back then

That's true, I mean I know the average skill level of a WC3 Dota pub was normally pretty low and all over the place. When I tried it for funzies about two years ago, it was like that. 3-4 couriers in base, my team was yelling at me for going Blink Dagger (or Kelen's Dagger rather) on Tinker instead of going straight for Scythe after BoTs and Soul Ring.

Top Bottom