• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kasane

That's true, I mean I know the average skill level of a WC3 Dota pub was normally pretty low and all over the place. When I tried it for funzies about two years ago, it was like that. 3-4 couriers in base, my team was yelling at me for going Blink Dagger (or Kelen's Dagger rather) on Tinker instead of going straight for Scythe after BoTs and Soul Ring.

the meta back then was own courier for mid since you have to share units in the options to share the courier

and mid was static farming bottle crowing affair hahahaha

Hylian7

Bloodseeker is such a dumb hero.

Most of his stuff isn't really an issue, the thing that really gets me is the Bloodrage damage plus the thirst damage. He has no problem just picking up solo kills by himself pre-6, and it's ridiculous.

TUSR

Banned
Bloodseeker is such a dumb hero.

Most of his stuff isn't really an issue, the thing that really gets me is the Bloodrage damage plus the thirst damage. He has no problem just picking up solo kills by himself pre-6, and it's ridiculous.

blood seeker broke is lose streak on you

Hylian7

blood seeker broke is lose streak on you

Nope actually.

685kQjA.png

Just frustrating to play against.

Hylian7

I misunderstood what you were saying. Amazing what one letter does.

Anyway in that game there was a dumb play where he wasn't even level 6 yet and just chasing and right clicking me, Pudge comes over to help. I pull him, Pudge misses the hook, he gets a double kill.
facepalm.gif

G-Unit

A little of both. Not sure if Icefrog will nerf Bloodstone after he worked so hard to bring in back into the meta though.

Everytime we went to their base, he was back... and little by little he was getting our strucutres... at one point we killed him 3 times withint 3 mins, thats just bs.m

G-Unit

I mean, how many charges did he have to start with before you killed him?

dunno, but yesterday i reached 25 charges or so lol..

anyway the problem was i couldnt keep him locked, he would just scepter and in that moment would deal tons of damage, plus with silver edge and travel boots, it was stupidly hard to get him. And then he would respawn before we could get more of his base.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You gotta play it by ear. If you think you need an extra disable, you get it, if you think your team has enough as is, hold off.

Low Tier
no its just blatantly wrong

u gimp ur flash farming ability, and even ur kill potential. u lose out on 40 dmg and all you do is waste mana, lvl 1 isnt even worth having b/c you dont have attack speed to utilize an attack for that time.

vortex isnt useful at low levels. at all

Hylian7

You gotta play it by ear. If you think you need an extra disable, you get it, if you think your team has enough as is, hold off.

This, you usually could use pull in plenty of situations early on, even with one point in it. I can tell you for sure in the situation I described vs the Bloodseeker having 2 Remnant wouldn't have helped at all. In fact I most likely would have died quicker.

Hylian7

against a bs you dont get pull that early rofl

Why wouldn't you? He's most vulnerable with Bloodrage on and if he's taking the extra damage, and you're taking time away from him to hit you with it, then yes it absolutely is worth getting. Chances are he'll start diving people, and if you're there you can pick it up for your team.

Low Tier
hylian you shoulda held ur ulti until they initiate. Seeing as how they have blink es and blink magnus, having radiance haunt disrupt their combo is pretty game-winning. you wasted ur ulti like the last 3 times i was watching.

also get into using desolate more like u claim u do

TUSR

Banned
hylian you shoulda held ur ulti until they initiate. Seeing as how they have blink es and blink magnus, having radiance haunt disrupt their combo is pretty game-winning. you wasted ur ulti like the last 3 times i was watching.

also get into using desolate more like u claim u do

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Also, I found a place to put the EG flags I got. They look pretty ghetto being taped though:
egFlags.jpg

Also something to do with those Gold Sunglasses they gave me:
goldglasses.jpg

Low Tier
i mean truthfully dude what is 'good' per say. i mean if u rly wanna shoulder a lot of burden its probably mid or offlane. offlane's an entirely different skillset though and good offlaners are ownage but rare

but yea just learn to play cores properly cuz theres always more to learn

jew

Banned
yeah that huge morbidly large individual that sat in front of me during the ti5 grand finals reaked and totally ruined the whole experience. everytime he sat up i got a huge whiff of whatever was stewing between his cracks dota players smell and dress terribly its a myth to me. is dota a disease that prevents you from normal everyday etiquette?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yeah that huge morbidly large individual that sat in front of me during the ti5 grand finals reaked and totally ruined the whole experience. everytime he sat up i got a huge whiff of whatever was stewing between his cracks dota players smell and dress terribly its a myth to me. is dota a disease that prevents you from normal everyday etiquette?

this is actually just how i imagine everyone at TI tbh

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like Sing's/Mad's teams ran into a hard match for the ESL qualifiers. Almost every team left is a bunch of no-names outside of Hell's raisers, and they got stuck going up vs Golden Boys AKA London Conspiracy in the round of 16.

Top Bottom