• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Low Tier
who are we to judge the quality of another person's posts. is this not the dota thread where everything is awful in general. live free my brothers, free from the tyranny of being branded as a 'shit poster' for those days are behind us

hi two bear

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We need a better name for SingSing's team. It should probably have the word "meme" in it.

Sadly team Meme is already taking, they are a Ukraine team and also in the Round of 16:
http://play.eslgaming.com/dota2/europe/dota2/major/esl-one-ny-2015-eu-qualifier/team/9326189/

Sing's team is right now called "MONKEY FREEDOM FIGHTERS"
http://play.eslgaming.com/dota2/europe/dota2/major/esl-one-ny-2015-eu-qualifier/team/9342387/

Here is the bracket if any of you want to look at it throughout the day. You can hide the earlier other rounds to slim it down:
http://play.eslgaming.com/dota2/europe/dota2/major/esl-one-ny-2015-eu-qualifier/rankings/

just read ee's ask fm stuff
he puts pieliedie in very high regard it seems, why'd he kick him and aui back then?

Ego and attitude issues mostly. Maybe with Puppy being the captain/drafter it will make things a lot smoother between the two, since ideally all Envy will have to do is focus on his play during games.

Wok

just read ee's ask fm stuff
he puts pieliedie in very high regard it seems, why'd he kick him and aui back then?

Trivia

In late 2013, EternaLEnVy among others considered pieliedie to be the best player in the world.[10]

Reference: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Pieliedie

Following MLG Columbus the image of you being an underdog obviously changed significantly and you were seen as one of the better teams in the world. Despite this, you’ve only claimed two tournaments and finished second in most. How can you play on such a consistent level yet not manage to win when it counts?

I blame myself for not understanding that I was suffering from vitamin deficiency again during the winter season between 2013-2014. I was playing horribly back then again, and I still didn’t get why. I’ve also got to say that a lot of the blame is on PieLieDie. At Columbus, he was the best player in the world and it wasn’t only us saying that, Puppey and KuroKy were seriously considering leaving Na`Vi to form a team with him but I convinced him not to leave. He was on that kind of level. He was our drafter as well back then, and since everyone respected his abilities so much he would take liberties with how he talked to us, the things he said in-game or during a draft were really disgusting, extremely flame-oriented because in his eyes he treated it like he was playing a pub, that’s how good he was.

Accompanied by this was also the fact that he was extremely lazy so when we got really far in tournaments he wouldn’t have any real preparation planned for whoever we faced in finals and it’d result in us just getting smashed. On top of that, the confidence of everyone on the team beside Pie was really low due to this and how we viewed ourselves in comparison to him skill-wise.

So what we then did was just convince ourselves that we had to invent stuff in order to win, so I went and started playing things like Naga, though Meracle and Arteezy were first and brought her in the midlane I took the concept a bit further and in a different direction, and I’d practice it but I would never have confidence playing her in a game due to the state of the team. Same with Tinker, just coming up with so many of the farming patterns, creep skipping, I’d have all of this down to a science but I just never had the confidence to play it in officials and Pie didn’t have faith in me to do it either.

An example of this would be our first game vs. Alliance when we came back from China and we played in the D2CL finals and they first-picked Naga and completely shat on us, but every time we had first pick/ban we’d ban her instead of playing it ourselves because Pie had so little confidence in my play back then.

We never had this essential preparation our opponents had, and I remember the part where it just went too far at the second D2CL finals where we drafted suport Tinker and Gyrocopter for Sing, like what the fuck kind of draft is that? It was awful, and after that I became the team's drafter. I don’t know if I’m the better drafter when it’s all said and done, but all of the members are confident in my ability to draft which involves them more. Pie's not like that any more though, he’s a lot better attitude-wise and I feel we’re all at the point where we caught up to him in terms of skill so he’s learning from us now as well.

Late 2014 actually: http://fragbite.se/dota2/news/36399...rnalenvy-pieliedie-var-varldens-basta-spelare

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
fall back!

8Tap5l0.gif

Hylian7

Coached someone that was fairly new to the game. It's interesting just because they are generally in lower skill level games, and usually you will have some members of the team get frustrated and think they lost in less than 10 minutes because their team did stupid builds/items/plays, and them I look at the other team and I see even worse stuff.

The game actually lasted 60+ minutes and the team I was coaching nearly won it but forgot to carry TPs at a critical point in the game. It's a learning experience, but I was proud of how they did.

It's always interesting to me though how you see new players that don't understand the game yet look at it though. They might read one item and be like "Oh, this sounds like a good idea on my hero", then either it's really a bad choice, or they don't use it properly. Case in point: Blademail Heart Sand King (after blink, arcanes, and aghs). He wasn't one of the players I was coaching, so I couldn't talk to him directly, but he would get ruptured and run and not use his Blademail. The enemy BS was not that tanky and would have taken a good amount of damage if he actually used it at the right time.

Some mechanics are confusing at first though. If you don't have an RTS background, you probably aren't familiar with shift queueing. The aforementioned Sand King definitely wasn't and manually blinked after channeling epi, and would miss 2-4 pulses because of it.

JC Sera

yeah that huge morbidly large individual that sat in front of me during the ti5 grand finals reaked and totally ruined the whole experience. everytime he sat up i got a huge whiff of whatever was stewing between his cracks dota players smell and dress terribly its a myth to me. is dota a disease that prevents you from normal everyday etiquette?
happens at a lot of cons. Especially TTRPG cons.

G.ZZZ

Probably shouldn't try dating or Dota while inebriated unless you expect both to be super clowny.

My whole life is it's fine.

how in sweet hell could anyone date sobre

Preach. What the fuck gaf, you date sobre? May as well get an arrianged marriage at that point.

Also 109 last of my problem is my clothing or physical appereance, i just have 0 game amen. Thx for ur concern brother.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
POTA.two bear: hi can u ask synderen if he's single for me
[G]ZZZ [WE'RE JUST TRASH ANYWAY]: lmao
POTA.two bear: pls thanks
POTA.two bear: i'll be a good waifu for him
POTA.two bear: THANX
POTA.two bear: I AM SINGLE
POTA.two bear: THANX FOR TRYING
POTA.two bear: ILU
POTA.two bear: <3
[G]ZZZ [WE'RE JUST TRASH ANYWAY]: ;_;