• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

WHAT IF

bounty runes only gave you one bottle charge
smile.gif

No thanks. I'd rather not go back to single rune spawns or an idea like this. The entire thing is RNG and if you don't get lucky enough, you've wasted time you could be getting XP and farming. I remember when it was single rune spawns that it was infuriating to constantly not get the rune on the spot I went to and of course was stuck waiting for the courier, meanwhile the enemy mid can run around the map with invis, haste, or DD and gank other lanes or manage a kill on me. All because they happened to pick the right rune spot. It was whoever was the luckiest got the rune and full bottle, and the other got screwed over by RNG.

Hylian7

I'd settle down for both runes giving only two charges instead of 3
and nerf bottle crow again

Bottle Crow has been nerfed enough IMO, it's already painfully slow to do and you can't "cheat the system" by leaving one charge on your bottle anymore.

Funny story, a few weeks ago I was in a match where I was Bottle crowing, and the offlane Pudge took the courier and put his Bottle on it too.
charm_facepalm.gif

It was like Sonic the Hedgehog had fallen on hard times and gained weight.

Hylian7

Oh and fuck the bottle refill abuse with a dude TPing from the fountain, this is ridiculous

That, I can definitely get behind. Honestly I would really be okay with them fixing the lingering fountain regen upon TPing to lane. You could TP when you're not all the way full HP and Mana and still get a bit of regen left out of it. The Bottle share exploit for that is absolutely stupid and illogical. I really hope that gets removed.

Hylian7

Could OD work as a safe lane carry?

Unless they change him to work as such, I doubt it. The point of the hero is that he crushes in 1v1 matchups with Astral Imprisonment, with only a few real "counters" such as Lone Druid or Bloodseeker. With other heroes you also have ways of dealing with it, but it is still very challenging of course.

For instance, on heroes with particularly low Int, when you lose more Int stacks because of Astral, bottling's effectiveness goes way up! If you get so low that one charge bottles up your entire mana bar, then that gives you FULL mana when you have it all back.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Unless they change him to work as such, I doubt it. The point of the hero is that he crushes in 1v1 matchups with Astral Imprisonment, with only a few real "counters" such as Lone Druid or Bloodseeker. With other heroes you also have ways of dealing with it, but it is still very challenging of course.

For instance, on heroes with particularly low Int, when you lose more Int stacks because of Astral, bottling's effectiveness goes way up! If you get so low that one charge bottles up your entire mana bar, then that gives you FULL mana when you have it all back.

i mean...............OD just doesn't counter int heroes at all (at the moment)

in the safelane he gets farm and he gets an escape with astral

if OD actually countered int heroes he'd be great in this patch

imo he actually counters strength heroes

well he does kinda counter them in lane but then does nothing cause he needs 10k gold to do something while most mids only need a few levels and 2k gold
"gg od no gank"
do you fear an OD rotating with treads and bottle ? I don't
do you fear a lina, qop or storm spirit rotating with treads and bottle ? you bet your ass

kionedrik

It's more a mobility issue than a counter issue with OD.

He's fairly static in lane, doesn't really rotate and has no mobility skill, and we live in a mobility era.

If/when Blink gets nerfed, either by adding a mana cost again or by increasing cd or decreasing range, he might have a shot at coming back. Or a buff to Force Staff.

patapuf

He is good vs int heroes in 1v1 lanes but after the laning phase is over that advantage is gone.

Also, unlike other midlane dominators, OD doesn't actually snowball all that hard after a won lane. The midgame with early BKB's is also one of his weakest points in the game and he sucks at catching up.

OD has no ganking power until pretty late, too late for a mid hero
Even with force staff you may not be able to kill a hero, he's a carry more than a ganker, see razor
And even then razor contributes more to early/mid fights, because OD relies on getting right clicks off and not dying (!), while razor can just press Q, R and link a target and his job is done for the most part

OD shines more mid game if he had really good farm (ideally force hex bkb treads or something along those lines), but in the early to mid he's absolute garbage
Oh and yeah he gets absolutely destroyed by bkb or even a hero with magic immunity (naix, jugger)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the reason why imo he counters str heroes more is that they already have low mana pools and their low int gain means that your ult always destroys them

whereas with int heroes they don't care as much about stolen int and in the mid to late game their int is high enough that you don't deal much damage to them

Stealing X intel from an int hero means a 2X damage gap in lane, this is huge, see SF too
STR heroes are generally shit mid anyway, and I don't think many STR hero use their mana intensively at mid to farm ?
ranged agi carries are where it's at
oh and huskar.

the reason why imo he counters str heroes more is that they already have low mana pools and their low int gain means that your ult always destroys them

whereas with int heroes they don't care as much about stolen int and in the mid to late game their int is high enough that you don't deal much damage to them

Very hypothetical. OD beats most ints mid because his intelligence steal also reduces their right click damage. They can't last hit against him (although I wonder if Windrunner and Lina actually win the lane against him. Why would they ever get in imprisonement range?). Strength carries are a) unpopular and b) usually go for BKB so his effectiveness is just too limited to be worth a pick.

- needs farm
- needs time to come online
- can't afford to fall behind as he has a tough time catching up
- contributes little in the 10-23min mark

Destroying a lane is not enough at all.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i'm not talking about mid per se, just the hero in general. it's why i wondered if he might work as a safelaner.

patapuf

In late game this is true, (provided there's little magic immunity). The problem is getting there.

His main issue as a safelaner is that he is not that hard a carry lategame - and he doesn't have the early game prescence to compensate for that.

Of course if he does get supidly far ahead his ult destroys low int lineups.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Haha, RTZ just modded someone on his team in order to get him to abandon so he didn't have to play a pub with weaver, legion and invoker pickers.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
In late game this is true, (provided there's little magic immunity). The problem is getting there.

His main issue as a safelaner is that he is not that hard a carry lategame - and he doesn't have the early game prescence to compensate for that.

Of course if he does get supidly far ahead his ult destroys low int lineups.

i've been wondering about moon shard on him actually, i want to give it a try

it would maybe help to offset the fact that his orb doesn't go thru bkb

Well global silence is just super strong, while OD's eclipse is absolute dogshit if you fall behind or even if you're against other int cores that won't be bothered by it, this ult is a joke and should be reworked imo
It's cool if you have refresher and a ton of farm, but other than that's it's super underwhelming, on top of having a HUGE CD

Top Bottom