• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

I remember back around TI2 when people made fun of fear as that meh carry that tilts and throws games; now he has a rep as one of the most consistent carries that can play any hero. Arteezy also tackled a question on this topic too in his ask.fm; he said one of his biggest pet peeves was the community (reddit) picking on certain great players (i.e. bulba), and calling them shit, bad, whatever have you despite that player actually being really really good and just going through rough times--most notably just can't find a solid team.

TC is a great pub player, pretty sure the dude reached 7.5k mmr at some point and his solo queue KDA's are just insane--something like 70% win with 6+ KDA on the majority of heroes. If he can fix his composure issues in competitive, he (and that team) could be one of the best.

agree completely.

if TC and Bulba are good, then which pros are actually bad

I don't think any of them can be classified as "bad". Calling any 6K+ player "bad" is just intellectually dishonest.

It's like saying an NFL or NBA player is bad. Compared to what, you know? Compared to Jordan or Brady or Montana or Magic or Shaq? Yea they're not as good. Compared to anyone who didn't make it and couldn't make it in the NFL or NBA? They're fucking amazing. idk.

After CDEC's run I think any team that has sufficient synergy can do really well, even if they don't have superstars on 4/5 positions like EG (or Secret used to have). In fact, judging by Secret's performance, having star performers on each position doesn't guarantee much of anything. So I'm open to Aui's team being really good, and regardless of whether or not they're successful it's probably a good thing for the NA scene.

But Aui did go from a team with Sumail/Universe/Fear to one with Yawar/Bulba/TC...

They wouldn't be pros if they were bad, dude. This is why they're pros. You're asking me which yellows are purple.

I hear if you tread switch fast enough your treads start to look purple

They wouldn't be pros if they were bad, dude. This is why they're pros. You're asking me which yellows are purple.
When anyone says a pro is bad I think it's implied that they're comparing them to other pros. It's a bit easier than saying "I think this player is slightly less good compared to the other players."

Like when I say TC is awful I mean that I think he's a bad carry compared to most pro carries, not that I think I can school him 1v1 mid.

KingKong

When anyone says a pro is bad I think it's implied that they're comparing them to other pros. It's a bit easier than saying "I think this player is slightly less good compared to the other players."

Like when I say TC is awful I mean that I think he's a bad carry compared to most pro carries, not that I'd school him 1v1 mid.

yeah obviously they or anyone in the NBA or whatever is great compared to the rest, but within that field you have the best and the worst players.

and I'd say the ones that failed to make it out of the NA TI qualifiers need to prove they're good

After CDEC's run I think any team that has sufficient synergy can do really well, even if they don't have superstars on 4/5 positions like EG (or Secret used to have). In fact, judging by Secret's performance, having star performers on each position doesn't guarantee much of anything. So I'm open to Aui's team being really good, and regardless of whether or not they're successful it's probably a good thing for the NA scene.

But Aui did go from a team with Sumail/Universe/Fear to one with Yawar/Bulba/TC...

I hear if you tread switch fast enough your treads start to look purple

It's somewhere in between. You need stars to create individual mismatches but you also need roleplayers for cohesion. In the case of EG though, if we're to believe PPD, Aui wasn't exactly providing synergy.

Questionable how. She's super well known in NA Doto and they will sell a tonne of sets

I think it's more a question if they will be able to perform for the team. I'm sure she'll be fine.

The point I was trying to get across is that on paper all these newly formed teams are unproven. Got to give them time to see if they will succeed.

Wok

Bulba can have his moments of brilliance but man TC, unless he's been practicing REAL hard the last 8 months I can't see this team getting far. EG literally have the two best NA carries locked up on their team, greedy fucks.

Just like Secret did for TI4.

I think it's more a question if they will be able to perform for the team. I'm sure she'll be fine.

The point I was trying to get across is that on paper all these newly formed teams are unproven. Got to give them time to see if they will succeed.

It is proven that RTZ leaves promising teams to go with a bunch of all-stars who end up losing major tournaments.

Just like Secret did for TI4.

lolnope
secret just had the best #1 and he's non conventional since he most of the time plays mid carries
sumail and universe are the best #2 and #3 in the world and they're not really unconventional (sumail sticks to mid, universe sticks to off) which is an asset imo
having to put rtz mid most of the time hurts the team because it limits your drafts, we saw it at TI

abunai

EUW servers ded, that's nice

yassshpsh.png

yass

I dunno man, imo either go all in and play the main games or go in not caring about the story, chances are you'll just forget most of what you read and be thoroughly confused if you're trying to read synopses.

Or do what I do and never play a single minute of a MGS game.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
TC is probably a little underrated. He's not great, but he did passable work on Liquid. NA doto scene doesn't seem to have a lot of options at the 1 role, so I understand how he got back on a team. That team could be alright. I haven't seen Bulba play in a while but Yawar seems legit. I've seen him play against RTZ a few times on his stream and he seems promising.

Satch

Banned
i gave my cancer blessing to lesh for this patch and icefrog buffed him and changed the meta so he could be king

i think i want to give cancer blessing to pugna this time
lets go
OSfrog.png
take my energy

i gave my cancer blessing to lesh for this patch and icefrog buffed him and changed the meta so he could be king

i think i want to give cancer blessing to pugna this time
lets go
OSfrog.png
take my energy
He already had that once and the meta turned into 5 man deathball with everyone rushing necro 3.

I want Legion to be OP, and no she wasn't OP pre-nerf.

JC Sera

posted the link again in reddit so they shouldn't have a reason to go "OP wheres the stats wheres the stats, you promised" blah blah blah

I feel really shitty this morning physically and mentally bleh

abunai

is it ok to do a giveaway here?
got a spare copy of MGS5: Ground Zeroes (Steam) and dotagaf are chill so if someone wants it let me know
might not respond immediately, it's late here
first quote gets it

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
is it ok to do a giveaway here?
got a spare copy of MGS5: Ground Zeroes (Steam) and dotagaf are chill so if someone wants it let me know
might not respond immediately, it's late here
first quote gets it

I'll take it if it's still going.

Top Bottom