• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Holden

This is the correct answer

p0QHO.gif

Low Tier
today i broke even in mmr again

is this stagnation?

nah its probably cuz i should buy groceries

should i get guac and chips or hummus and pita

first response determines my fate

Chris R

The lag issues I have in game now are getting kinda bad...

Guess I need to upgrade to Windows 10 with a fresh install and hope that fixes whatever issue I'm having

kvk1

Guess I need to upgrade to Windows 10 with a fresh install and hope that fixes whatever issue I'm having

i don't think windows 10 is the answer to your problem

it's well worth the upgrade though, i really like it

W1SSY

Are you talking about the game freezing for a second or so randomly? If so, a clean install of 10 does not help. I did an upgrade from 8.1 to 10 and had issues. I thought a clean install would help but still had problems. The only thing a clean install did was remove the rollback option to 8.1 unless I download the iso and do it that way.

Chris R

i don't think windows 10 is the answer to your problem

it's well worth the upgrade though, i really like it

I have it on my laptop and it's nice, just didn't want to do my desktop without wiping it clean first, I like to reinstall my OS once a year or so and it's overdue.

Sucks to hear that more people are having this issue, waiting for Reborn is going to suck!

Well, personally

Code:
});

and

Code:
var num = 322;
var obj = new CopperScum();
num = obj;
sick.gif

The second one is every dynamic language ever though (that has mutable variables). If you want to avoid that in JavaScript specifically, you could use a language that compiles to JS, if that is an option.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
JavaScript has plenty of nonsense, but it's pretty easy to learn and ES6 adds some really nice stuff too.
You should see our Database. Everything is an indecipherable abbreviation, and stuff is just everywhere.

ufdup.png

Chris R

You should see our Database. Everything is an indecipherable abbreviation, and stuff is just everywhere.

This is how it is here too.

Of course cleaning that shit up and changing it is a task too great for me alone so it continues being bad.

I'd be ok with the shit SQL column names if everything was using it, but we still have things running on Access...
Vn6nNq9.png
Vn6nNq9.png
Vn6nNq9.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
For other fun things, we have a file that initializes 11k global variables in Javascript, all part of a single object called 'g'. I wish this was all in java, at least then I could put in some break points for debugging.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
For other fun things, we have a file that initializes 11k global variables in Javascript, all part of a single object called 'g'. I wish this was all in java, at least then I could put in some break points for debugging.

Sounds like you need to learn how to use Chrome Dev Tools. Also Notepad++
sick.gif

Top Bottom