• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
? unlike other mobas, dota supports experimentation and novel play styles, like position 1 rubinch

we already had three other position 1s
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif
mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Demoli

Someone please tell me a legit way to calm down and not rage and flame in this game, I'm currently in a week-long comms ban and it's maddening

I play a round or two of street fighter/double dragon/watch a video or two if i had a truly horrible game.

Someone please tell me a legit way to calm down and not rage and flame in this game, I'm currently in a week-long comms ban and it's maddening
There was a reddit post some time ago that explained how you can mute yourself, sounds like you're looking for that, if you can deal with the fact that nobody can hear you.

Russ T

Banned

One game a night.

If you lose, oh well, you won't lose a second time.

If you win, fuck yeah, you won all your games for the night!

play single draft, random draft, and all random, accept that the game and everyone who plays it is shit, and play on your own terms

it's easy to detach yourself emotionally

Pratfall

honestly, i have been on pretty bad tilt the last couple of days and the person who I try and emulate is merlini. dude never gets mad and always looks at what he could have done better. the more you practice not getting mad at your teammates the better you get at it.

ALSO, watch your own replays. once you see all the dumb shit you do, you become much more forgiving of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhAbXnXbIdo

Trying out YouTube streaming. Playing Rocket League for now, might do Dotes later. Let me know how it looks please. One of my friends says it just says error for him, but others say they can see it.

i dunno what your bitrate is, but it seems a bit low for such a visually quick/spectacular game. Otherwise looks fine to me.
quality definitely drops in high movement.

this is the bitrate issue afaik

gai_shain

360p option. Twitch forcing 1080p is idiotic
goodjob.gif

I hope that it makes IHL more strimer friendly

more strimer friendly as in people from germany cant watch ihl there?

e/ well I can watch live streams on youtube but not on youtubegaming. This just makes no sense at all

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Mumble gaf confirmed a bunch of csgo neck beards

Looking for a new stack to play with

bro freakinbumble stack is the new stack

giff 6.85 stale meta

ihl3 OT will go up in the next couple days or maybe even today if i'm not feelin lazy, originally we were planning for ~aug. 31 but i figure the earlier and more time for sign ups, the better (and more time for just casual ih lobbies!)

Hylian7

Bitrate was at 3500 kb/s, upping to 4000 kb/s. I'm also changing the option on YouTube from "Optimize for interaction (less latency)" to "Optimize for less viewer buffering" to see what happens there (seemed pretty delayed even with the previous option).

Also I have always been using 3500 kb/s on Twitch, wonder why it gets blocky on YouTube.

Edit: Game is switching to Arma 3 now.

gai_shain

bro freakinbumble stack is the new stack

giff 6.85 stale meta

ihl3 OT will go up in the next couple days or maybe even today if i'm not feelin lazy, originally we were planning for ~aug. 31 but i figure the earlier and more time for sign ups, the better (and more time for just casual ih lobbies!)

PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
RIP Team Secret 1.0
pup.gif

Edit Team Secret 2.0 will be tilting like mad. Matt gonna need to request their LAN table pre-tilted so when they tilt it's 180º flat

LCnCRPK.gif

This is Secret 3.0 Shira. Secret 1.0 was Notail, Fly, S4, Puppy, and Kuroky on carry.

iamblades

I'm planning on giving it a try in about 30 minutes.

Javascript is logical, yet annoying sometimes.

Python is totes legit.

Python is my 'I'm doing this for enjoyment and not getting paid' language. It's great.

My day job is industrial controls though, so a completely different thing from javascript or python. On the one hand we have better variable naming conventions than the examples in this thread, and the math is like preschool/kindergarten level for the most part. On the other hand we get to experience the joys of debugging hardware and software at the same time.

I have played around with some node.js and stuff a little, but I still don't fully understand why anyone would use server side JS over python or ruby, hell even PHP. I get that web developers are used to the DOM and I get the benefits of having a single codebase for client side and server side, but ugh, javascript.

JC Sera

bastion or stanley parable announcer
after you lose a game, walk away, take deep breaths, drink water
take anger management classes

Top Bottom