• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

devil.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
RIP Chrome users

TUSR

Banned
or maybe ure bad ?

#dam

except theyre not good and make excuses

"my mouse is greasy"
"this screen is different"
"my friends nose is bleeding"
"i had to afk for 4 rounds because i shit myself"
"im gonna throw because i want to derank this account"

Dreavus

All these custom games in reborn are fucking awful. The only one remotely ok is 10v10 and someone always leaves or dcs at the beginning, so its pretty useless.

Overthrow is pretty great. 5v5v5 is a lot of fun. They are short games so people usually stick it out until the end.

I've also had fun with "Dota 2 Horde Mode", but it's unbalanced as fuck right now (You basically need cleave + crit + a shitton of damage to win, any other strat gets you killed).

I wish that people would spend some time on the actual map though. There are tons of arena/coop maps that have unique heroes and items – which are pretty cool – but the map itself looks like it was drawn in the editor in 5 minutes.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when ur np who has done nothing but jungle for 20 minutes and still only has a midas and treads tries to clap back with 'why didn't you gank' when you're 8 1 and tell him to get his ass out of the jungle

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Hylian7

Going against deathball strats is the worst. 3-4 people dive you mid constantly and people TP too late and you still die regardless. Hard carry can't farm, you've already lost.

The main reason they are so frustrating is because in solo pubs, people are unlikely to play well as a team, so they lose to these things.

Edit: Whoever it was from here that said the garbage in the YouTube chat that I removed, real classy.

Mordeccai

That's exactly why I made that comment lol, saw them play it.

Actually it would be mostly for SF5, I don't think my laptop can handle it.

I have to choose between a new PC or a PS4, and I'm completely clueless when it comes to building a PC.

Bro we are all here to help you out with building a PC. I mean shit, Haz posts here. You're in good hands. Take the plunge and build it! It's basically just grown up Legos (with hundreds of dollars in parts).

The new pc thread even has pre-made builds. Your first time building one will probably only take three or four hours depending on what you want to put in there. Dat feel when you turn your new PC on for the first time hngggg

pompidu

Overthrow is pretty great. 5v5v5 is a lot of fun. They are short games so people usually stick it out until the end.

I've also had fun with "Dota 2 Horde Mode", but it's unbalanced as fuck right now (You basically need cleave + crit + a shitton of damage to win, any other strat gets you killed).

I wish that people would spend some time on the actual map though. There are tons of arena/coop maps that have unique heroes and items – which are pretty cool – but the map itself looks like it was drawn in the editor in 5 minutes.

Done with overthrow until they remove OP hereos from it.
Horde mode is widly unfair and buggy.
Still waiting for the good shit to be made.

Bro we are all here to help you out with building a PC. I mean shit, Haz posts here. You're in good hands. Take the plunge and build it! It's basically just grown up Legos (with hundreds of dollars in parts).

The new pc thread even has pre-made builds. Your first time building one will probably only take three or four hours depending on what you want to put in there. Dat feel when you turn your new PC on for the first time hngggg

yeah, and even if Haz and others weren't here, it's something common enough now that there's a plethora of guides. The only difficult parts are selecting your parts, cable management (depending on your case) and trying to interpret your MoBo's error codes (which hopefully isn't even necessary).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
5 hours for my first. I'm a stickler for detail though.

Hylian7

Two games in a row of getting deathballed.

The sad thing is the second one was totally winnable if we had the entire team playing it correctly.
dac15_sad.gif

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Building a PC is basically a oversized Lego set. The hardest part is normally screwing a motherboard to a case, which is pretty easy.

Mount Mother Board, screw in power supply, put the case's cables where the Motherboard's manual says to plug them in, put in the CPU and push in the RAM, snap off a piece of metal and slot in the GPU, slide the hard drive into the bay and screw in, put in your optional optical drive, attach the Sata cables, put all the power cable into the holes they fit. Done.

Buying parts isn't to hard, Haz can likely point you at some guide that says what parts are the best value right now.

Hylian7

My first PC took me a few hours to put together. The only real part that gave me trouble was me not connecting my CPU power.
charm_facepalm.gif

Beyond that it was amazing turning on my first computer.

Second one was also great, but of course took a lot less time since I had put the whole thing together from scratch before.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Cabling is the toughest for me.

Buy modular PSUs, kids.

Artanisix

the only scary part about building a PC is locking in the cpu into your motherboard for the first time

feels like you're gonna snap the damn thing

Russ T

Banned
the only scary part about building a PC is locking in the cpu into your motherboard for the first time

For real I still freak out every time I have to do it and I've been building my own PCs for well over a decade.

Kade

I still don't know which way is the right way to twist and lock on the stock Intel fans with those 4 twist things. I'm afraid my CPU fan is going to burst out of my case at any moment.

kvk1

i'm always hesitant with the paste

was it a pea sized drop in the middle

or was it a straight line across the chip

i think i put on too little

i think i put on too much

etc etc

Chris R

I still don't know which way is the right way to twist and lock on the stock Intel fans with those 4 twist things. I'm afraid my CPU fan is going to burst out of my case at any moment.

You push them in... they twist when you want to take it out...

Man all the other hud skins are meh.
With the exception of shagbark. eg and black monolith.
Valve give us the option to reduce the size or a minimalist hud.

bounchfx

Hey guys, has anyone tried Discord yet? it's a new program that's basically the evolution of ventrilo/mumble/teamspeak. I was skeptical at first but I just gave it a whirl and honestly it seems pretty awesome and useful.

Check out the features here: https://discordapp.com/

I set up a GAF server here if anyone wants to join. You can use it both in browser and/or with the app.

https://discord.gg/0TtGqYNIO7pxdLai

the link is only active for 24 hours but I will make some people mods that join up and they can continue inviting more GAF dota players.

I think it would be cool to have basically due to it being easier to access than the other programs I mentioned, and it would be nice to have an open chat channel(s) for people to talk and seek games, then instantly join the voice servers if you wanna chat with voice to shoot shit or during the game itself.

Mordeccai

oh FUCK.

When I got to this part, I tried to lock it in gently about three or four different ways angling my hands just so, and just couldn't get it to lock. I had to walk away from building because I was becoming stressed. Stress level was already high because while I was putting it together, I was wearing socks on my carpet, my room mate came out and saw me and was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING! so I became paranoid about static.

Came back 20 minutes later, tried a few more times, got frustrated and said FUCK THIS and slammed that latch down. My face when it worked

zsu8aqcur.gif

shira said:
I love stroking the CPU nubbins

CPU combs are the best

rofl this video is incredible. metall

Chris R

No more CPU combs since they took the pins off them :(

And building a computer is so easy, I know several people who would have issues putting a Legos kit together that built a gaming rig.

Hylian7

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1747386232

I played like complete and total shit this match. I should have practiced attack animations, cast points, etc before I played Lesh as I haven't touched him in forever. On top of that I need to gain a better sense of how to play the hero.

The match was so long and tiring though that I honestly didn't even care that we lost by the end of it.

did bulldog do something
why am i seeing more Lone Druids in pubs

He's actually a good hero in pubs. I played him the other day and it worked out really well. Radiance miss chance helps him out quite a bit too. Aghs is not a bad deal either. I thought when it was first introduced that it would be foolish to buy Aghs before stuff like AC, but I've realized that just being able to attack and have Demolish on towers is good enough. I think Aghs is worth getting after Radiance, but I'm curious what Bulldog's input on it is.

Top Bottom