• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Hylian7

6.85 will definitely nerf him. The Agh's upgrade, especially to Minefield Sign, is utterly ridiculous. In my opinion, nothing in this game should be immune to True Sight.

Honestly I don't think Minefield Sign is a problem or as OP as it might sound, hell I would say it's not even OP at all. It's almost the same effect as seeing a cluster of mines on the high ground when you have a Gem. You go somewhere else because trying to get rid of them takes to long and is just asking to get yourself Force Staffed into them.

pompidu

6.85 will definitely nerf him. The Agh's upgrade, especially to Minefield Sign, is utterly ridiculous. In my opinion, nothing in this game should be immune to True Sight.

Luckily we won but the game took twice as long because of him.

And yes nothing should be immune to true sight. Fucking dumb.

Syder

except slark ult
Slark has been quite strong in 6.84 mainly due to Silver Edge. Would you really want his ult to ignore True Sight? or would you want him to have some nerfs along with this buff to his ult?
Of course.
Honestly I don't think Minefield Sign is a problem or as OP as it might sound, hell I would say it's not even OP at all. It's almost the same effect as seeing a cluster of mines on the high ground when you have a Gem. You go somewhere else because trying to get rid of them takes to long and is just asking to get yourself Force Staffed into them.
In principle, I agree with you, in fact, I rarely get screwed by Techies, but how often do you have your carry taken out by their complete lack of awareness when it comes to Techies? Seems to happen all too much to me.

Hylian7

Slark has been quite strong in 6.84 mainly due to Silver Edge. Would you really want his ult to ignore True Sight? or would you want him to have some nerfs along with this buff to his ult?
Of course.
In principle, I agree with you, in fact, I rarely get screwed by Techies, but how often do you have your carry taken out by their complete lack of awareness when it comes to Techies? Seems to happen all too much to me.

Then that isn't really OP, that's just your carry's mistake.

That said, Techies will still get some kind of nerf because of how frustrating it is to go high ground against one. Everything else is manageable, however when you're trying to seize T3 and rax, good luck.

Also doing some streaming!

https://gaming.youtube.com/hyliansevendota/live

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't know if any of you care, but I'm gonna steam my self playing Metal Gear.

http://www.twitch.tv/drkirby

To not get your hopes up, here is what you can expect.
- Steam is 720@30fps
- Minimal//No viewer interaction. I'm going to play sitting on the couch, so no voice. And likely not going to be looking at chat much.
- I'm not very good at the game.
- I am up to Mission 9, and I'm starting on a side opts.

Watch it or don't. Likely going to be boring.

t0rment

i'm a believer of anti mage mid now. carrying close games feels so good.
laugh.gif

edit: saw that the guy i've played against have more than 2k matches, and he's a dumbass. lol

6.65: Gem of True Sight can now be upgraded to Gem of REAL true sight which detects mines on minefield sign and slark's Shadowdance

Hylian7

One of my favorite heroes has a hero-breaking functionality bug in Reborn:
charm_disapprove.gif

Source 1:

http://webmup.com/100be/vid.webm

Source 2:

http://webmup.com/eb2fd/vid.webm

As the skill description reads on Boulder Smash:

If Earth Spirit targets an area, he will smash the nearest Stone Remnant in a 200 radius.

I noticed I was whiffing a lot of stuns in Reborn for some weird reason, as things just felt strange to me. I could make them pretty consistently in Source 1 but I was having so much trouble in Reborn. This would explain why.

Saprol

6.65: Gem of True Sight can now be upgraded to Gem of REAL true sight which detects mines on minefield sign and slark's Shadowdance
can't wait for 2nd tier upgrades for every other boot just like arcanes and travels.

merging drums with phase boots or tread swapping between 6 options.

Hylian7

can't wait for 2nd tier upgrades for every other boot just like arcanes and travels.

merging drums with phase boots or tread swapping between 6 options.

I remember a few patches before the map layout changed, there were rumors of the map layout change (which were pretty damn close to what we have today) as well as a Treads-style switching option for S&Y. I wonder if we will ever get that S&Y thing.

Low Tier
Of course.

4Head

Hylian7

Is there an updated sheet or image on stack timings? Like which camps stack at 55-56 and which ones stack at 53?

Basically all of them except the medium camps in the middle of the jungle (closest to Radiant mid, and medium closest to Dire mid) are 52-53, the aforementioned two are 55-56.

Is there an updated sheet or image on stack timings? Like which camps stack at 55-56 and which ones stack at 53?

Just like hylian said, 53 for all of them except mid the two mids camps (near mid for radi, near safe lane for dire)
You should do 52 for when the camp is 3 stacked or more though

Hylian7

so this new update then was supposed to launch reborn but contain ground breaking bugs?

Still much much further than the state Reborn used to be in. It really has come a long way since it started it's beta. I would say just by nature of going to a new engine that there will still be bugs even in the final release, some more noticeable than others.

Volvo pls fix the Earth Spirit bug. I love that hero but he's so hard to play in Reborn.

Probably the right place to ask: Whats up with the camera in reborn? I always have the feeling something is.. off. Everything seems to be a little streched or zoomed it. I can't nail it. :/

kionedrik

Probably the right place to ask: Whats up with the camera in reborn? I always have the feeling something is.. off. Everything seems to be a little streched or zoomed it. I can't nail it. :/

It was reported in the beginning of the reborn beta that the map is wider in some areas (mid river stairs for instance). Perhaps that's what keeps giving you that impression.

Top Bottom