• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kionedrik

that feeling when you play Bristleback and die every fight because you keep eating 4 ultis...

IDK how we won that. We got completely rekt bottom lane. I look up and bounch has a fucking refresher.
Too hard to shake off 1k tendencies and mentality
charm_happytears.gif

you did good!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Wasn't there like a 400-ish mb patch a few hours ago? How come theres no patch notes?

It came last night. Its really a boring patch:
Fixed crash bug when refreshing ping times
Fixed bug incorrectly blocking high MMR players from playing ranked in Reborn
Fixed a bug in custom games where teams with no human players did not update visibility.
Renamed dota_disable_range_finder to dota_enable_range_finder and added it to the settings menu.
Fixed numerous bugs with editing effigies.
Fixed Queen of Pain and Lone Druid's Spirit Bear incorrectly drawing a model during Blink.
Fixed Sven's God's Strength image appearing in hero selection.
Fixed a crash when loading custom maps with an empty tile grid
Fixed Hammer tile grid sizes set to odd values causing some objects be offset relative to the tile grid
Fixed a crash on OSX with HD 3000 cards.
Custom Games: CDOTABaseNPC:HasModifier and CDOTABaseNPC:GetModifierStackCount are now defined on both the client and the server.

Quesa

So the new toothpaste I got gives me toothaches. Not a big problem but it's going to be a while before it wears off and my teeth hurt so bad I can't do shit right now ow

bounchfx

IDK how we won that. We got completely rekt bottom lane. I look up and bounch has a fucking refresher.

ez money. I was gonna just go battlefury but 1.59 thought it was dumb so I refreshed myself for that final battle at rosh. I'm not sure if I was supposed to just immediately ult twice on two people or wait for the first to end before using the next but it seemed to work at the time. WW is fun but pretty stressful because I'm not really sure what the best order or situation to use the skills are is, but I'd like to try her more

edit: also you bought like 85% of the wards <3

inkls

If you are in "Grandmaster" expect to get pitted against rtz. If 10 GM players aren't playing and a queue goes on for 5 minutes or whatever, expand the search range.

I thought the search range already got expanded after a while since players like arteezy got matched with 4k mmr players

Chris R

I thought the search range already got expanded after a while since players like arteezy got matched with 4k mmr players

It's not going low enough I guess, probably a good thing though because I know damn well I wouldn't want to play a game against rtz since I'd be fucking rekt.

How would that even help them?

They could add a maximum rank ala hearthstone, make a certain tier be the roof to hit in ranked games, just make the cap not be something as crazy as 9.9k.

But yeah I'm not sure it would help them much, since doto matches tend to last much much longer than the example I gave, so idk.

It's not going low enough I guess, probably a good thing though because I know damn well I wouldn't want to play a game against rtz since I'd be fucking rekt.

Last year Dendi was actually telling Valve that he didn't care how long his queues were, as long as he didn't have to play with a bunch of 4k players on his team every game.

Maybe Valve actually listened

shira

They could add a maximum rank ala hearthstone, make a certain tier be the roof to hit in ranked games, just make the cap not be something as crazy as 9.9k.

But yeah I'm not sure it would help them much, since doto matches tend to last much much longer than the example I gave, so idk.

I'm more concerned with a bottom tier. Like if you aren't above 2k you can't play ranked.

ride.gif

Hylian7

That good ol' CS toxicity.

I really need to play more CSGO but I'm pretty bad at it and just never find the time to play it because I want to play other stuff.

I'm pretty sure the CSGO subreddit is the worst community on the internet. It's Reddit and the CSGO community combined, I don't see how it couldn't be.

I'm pretty sure the CSGO subreddit is the worst community on the internet. It's Reddit and the CSGO community combined, I don't see how it couldn't be.

From my experience in the little (6 or so) competitive games I have had, people weren't even close to being the complete fuckwads you encounter over in DOTA, I would even go as far as calling them nice compared to what you get over here.

From my experience in the little (6 or so) competitive games I have had, people weren't even close to being the complete fuckwads you encounter over in DOTA, I would even go as far as calling them nice compared to what you get over here.

Definitely not my experience lol. FPS in general seems to attract just as many twats as MOBAs, if not more.

In rebprn, when you hover the cursor into heroes and creeps they shine bright white which I hate. Can't find the option to turn it off.

Top Bottom