• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Kade

Except I never said that.

The only thing that might have been misinterpreted that way that I said was that if people couldn't handle Tread switching existing as a mechanic, then it's not the game for them.

I don't mean the tread switching or whatever. I just meant there are a lot of things about Dota that are discouraging.

Hylian7

I don't mean the tread switching or whatever. I just meant there are a lot of things about Dota that are discouraging.

Oh, yeah, my bad. I thought you were referencing that.

Yeah I totally agree with that, the game can be intimidating by it's complexity. Throwing "It's fun to flame people" bullshit on top of that really doesn't help.

jew

Banned
0977a86370828b3fd4380673f11d791e.jpg

inkls

I dunno about cyber-bullying. I remember a couple of years back when I was in High school there was a case in the province where I live of a guy who did "walk away" but the bullies managed to get his personal info (phone number and address) and used those to keep harassing him. Ended up committing suicide.

I was bullied myself as well by a guy in high school for a while even after reporting him. Dude bashed my head in a wall and made me bleed amongst other things. During that entire year going to school was shit and I used gaming as an escape. Dunno how it would have gone if I had been harassed there as well.

Where to run when the place you use as an escape is another place to get harassed?

Kade

I dunno about cyber-bullying. I remember a couple of years back when I was in High school there was a case in the province where I live of a guy who did "walk away" but the bullies managed to get his personal info (phone number and address) and used those to keep harassing him. Ended up committing suicide.

Yeah that Tyler The Creator picture is dumber than his fanbase.

Hylian7

Yeah that Tyler The Creator picture is dumber than his fanbase.

Agreed. On top of that it implies that it's on the bullying victim to not get bullied, rather than the bullies to stop being assholes.

TUSR

Banned
who cares about edge panning if you can't even check the minimap

might as well have the camera follow your hero

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i saw a loading screen message about tread switching a couple of days ago, i'm pretty sure i've never seen it before

Only a scumbag would find joy in flaming, if you don't want to keep listening or reading a particular player, there is a reason why muting players as a feature exist in the game.

JC Sera

I enjoy throwing positive compliments at my opponents
bts_lina.gif

mainly for good skill shots like "fuck me i'm dead, but that was hella good"

Kade

If people do something good or are nice, I will usually compliment them or comment on their positivity. I'm generally very positive and believe positivity should be rewarded.

That one.

well. someone should explain to him how it works. i can imagine someone's parent saying the exact same thing. if someone isn't that into the internet and social media and all that shit and has only a few points of reference, it can seem quite unbelievable. he's not the first to think that or say it.

Only a scumbag would find joy in flaming,

No, they don't have to be scumbags; they have to be sociopaths. And yes, we have some of those at GAF too.

Hylian7

just mute everybody. dota became 1000% more enjoyable when i couldn't hear anyone.

Or you could not mute everyone and lead your team to victory. I think that is a huge factor responsible for my MMR increase lately. I have had tons of games that looked like total disasters in 15 minutes and I was like "Everyone chill, we gonna be fine. I don't care if the enemy AM is 10-0 with a Manta at 10 minutes, we gonna be fine."

Quesa

You say that like I actually said that at some point.

If you let something like Tread switching or last hitting put you off of the game, then it sounds like the game is not for you. That's okay, Dota may not be for everyone. Plenty of people try it and go "Nope, I don't think this is for me". You have to be able to deal with mechanics like Tread switching as they are pretty important, especially as you improve at the game.

This is the closest I could find.

I don't know why I did this

I'm bored but I shouldn't be I have MGSV waiting for me

Artanisix

when you combine it with your relentless insistence that tread switching is a core game mechanic and you put it on the same level as killing the ancient or using your four skills, then yeah it comes across as "if you can't even tread switch then you're incompetent"

FACE

Banned
the legions of endless us west chinese 5 stacks of lina/es/es/storm/lesh (and sometimes bs) pickers has turned me into a monster dv

tumblr_n71gum99281seo8n9o1_500.gif

there is no redemption for me

They're on US East as well, there's no escape.

South American servers.

Kard8p3

does anyone else have different/updated icons for Tide's skills? I noticed this a few weeks ago but forgot to ask about it.

Syn23

Top Bottom