• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

BraXzy

Having some super annoying issues with Reborn custom games.

EDIT: Okay so if you have any issues with your custom game files (They have an error accessing etc.) and uninstalling isn't working I figured out why, since it's kinda buggy.

You've got to press uninstall on the mode, then back out to your library and it should disappear and then you can reinstall it and it should work. God knows why.

Low Tier
trial period for juniors boys

except braxzy hes cool

im sure im forgetting someone else

but damn this new scene come in tryna smoke in and aint nothin short of chilblains for the logos that we promote. But w/e value goals need to be met beforehand.

EdKzeRv.png

Hey, Sera, I found a picture to go with that emote you post too much.

FIX YOUR INTERNET

?

It was my modem going crazy in that one lich game, other than that I think the 2 other games went smoothly. I have had it for 5 years now, thing must be getting rusty since it's not the first time it happens (which is rarely), guess it's time to start looking for a replacement.

A bit off-topic, but what program do you guys use to record your dota 2 highlights?

I just made a decently good play as a clockwerk and want to make a gfy of it.

jew

Banned
I bet if someone went to africa and then recruited all the young children into some type of service where they play dota all day they would become a world class team in 2-3 years and produce 12 times their initial worth its like printing money.

JC Sera

I bet if someone went to africa and then recruited all the young children into some type of service where they play dota all day they would become a world class team in 2-3 years and produce 12 times their initial worth its like printing money.
Didn't some chess guy do this with his own children, they grew up to be chess world champions?
and then claimed to have made a formula for raising genius kids

Didn't some chess guy do this with his own children, they grew up to be chess world champions?
and then claimed to have made a formula for raising genius kids

I suppose if you engage in an activity since childhood and keep going to your adult life, almost anybody can become great at dota/chess/anything.

EDIT: And also do it with the intent of getting better, not just for fun.

Hylian7

Pitlord is a bro,
Zet will be a pub bane, like techies release

I agree with more females
I expect Zet to be more like Earth Spirit: OP if you know what you are doing, but useless if you don't.

Unless anything significant changes in 6.85, I see no reason to ever not get Midas on Zet unless you are extremely behind, but even then might still be worth it.

I really hope we get him before Pit Lord, I've been interested in the hero ever since he was introduced in the game.

Also give Earth Spirit in CM.
And fix him in Reborn

Hylian7

I am 99.99% confident Earth Spirit will be added to CM in 6.85
I sure hope so, I thought it might happen in 6.84 but that ship sailed. I think he'll be a really strong competitive pick and I look forward to see pro-level play with him rather than just pros playing him in pub games.

pompidu

Necro,s ulti needs to be pure damage, and im always against pure damage, but since i dont see glimmer cape being removed this needs to happen.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how are you building him? do you buy support items? he is much harder to play in the current meta because bounty is everywhere and he is enigmas number 1 enemy.

usually soul ring -> mek -> blink

literally every game i pick him, there is a rubick on the other team who ALWAYS steals bh

like.....i literally don't' see how you can stop him from doing it

Yeah Bounty is hell for junglers to deal with. Still though I think soul ring > Mek > blink/bkb/glimmer works pretty well.

On the Rubick problem, either catch him in the black hole, make sure he's already cast his ult, or have him be dead beforehand. Black Hole is one of the easiest spells to steal and there's nothing you can really do about it except maybe get Linkens but that's a late game item at best.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
like i don't know of a stronger hero counter in the game? there is literally no point in picking enigma unless it's the last pick and they haven't already picked rubick.

Pratfall

Think you just have to change how you think of black hole when you are against a rubick. Use it to secure pickoffs and convert yourself into more of a pusher aura dude than a "land a 5 man black hole and win the game" kinda dude.

Or catch rubick in the hole.

Madouu

I always laugh when I see people insta pick rubick when I get enigma. It ensures a weak safe lane for my offlaner usually so more space for me to jungle efficiently and push down towers.

In teamfights you just have to be patient, keep an eye on the rubick. Enigma is all about patience.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
yeah but then you just go into a cold war with rubick. are you going to use bh first or is he going to spell steal? then you end up not using it at all, so he wins anyway.

yeah but then you just go into a cold war with rubick. are you going to use bh first or is he going to spell steal? then you end up not using it at all, so he wins anyway.

if he doesn't spell anything then you are winning. one less stolen spell to worry about. if he uses lift before you blackhole its also a check mate since he cant interrupt it

Acinixys

Meepo is fun hero, but people who play dota all are about lmao counter picks. Lich, earthshaker or whatever else tries to pick shit to fuck your shit. Especially if you suck ass at micro like me.
surprise.gif

Meepo is my #7 hero challenge hero

Since January I havent progressed past him

7 games 7 losses

misc-fEEd.png

Your opponent will usually play much more reserved when black hole is off CD, just because you haven't cast black hole doesn't mean it hasn't had any effect. You've probably experienced yourself that you don't really want to take a fight because a certain hero has their ult up, that allows Enigma's team to get objectives like towers and rosh without even taking a fight.

Rubick saving his spell steal black hole also means that he's not using it on anything else(and probably that he's not doing much in fights since he's so focused on you).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
if he doesn't spell anything then you are winning. one less stolen spell to worry about. if he uses lift before you blackhole its also a check mate since he cant interrupt it
How are you winning? You're not using your biggest spell. He can steal with impunity as long as you're not around.

And you can't even see him, he can just hide in the fog so you don't even know if he's waiting.

Top Bottom