• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

ggradiant.gif
charm_sleeping.gif
Huskar
rektage

What you on about? Clearly Sanjay and I carried that game into victory.
horse.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
As a new player what makes me not want to play:

. Massively uneven teams
. Assholes
. Trolls
. People who give up and sit in base

These days I just instantly mute the enemy team, and my team when they start being idiots. Dota seems to have an extremely toxic community in general, everyone acts like a 12 year old Xbox Live flamer.

shira

What you on about? Clearly Sanjay and I carried that game into victory.
horse.gif

Ah bishameowntnelakdsjflksdajf;lkj.

I'm just happy I was able to hit all my ancient stack timings
misc-shag.gif

. Massively uneven teams
. Assholes
. Trolls

These days I just instantly mute the enemy team, and my team when they start being idiots. Dota seems to have an extremely toxic community in general, everyone acts like a 12 year old Xbox Live flamer.

the toxicest

. Massively uneven teams
. Assholes
. Trolls

Sadly a lot of these issues are far more prevalent for new players. You can bypass almost all of them if you stack with friends/nice people.
The hero's broken if aren't playing against PL/QoP/Linda/AA. I'm afraid next patch he will again buffed for no reason and ruin pubs even more.
Yah seeing him own even in high level streams makes me think he's pretty damn strong and doesn't need buffs at all. Nerfs to some of the popular heroes will probably entice teams to pick him more often.

G.ZZZ

Tread switching seems only useful for the first ten levels or so

Those are the most important level though, because having a bit more early farm accellerate all ur midgame and then lategame etc... it's an incremental advantage kind of thing. Top players consistently win the game on the back of absurd farm at 15 min that make them win all early ganks and then the game usually.

It's still pretty low in general importance and extremeyl low in term of new things to learn since at that point your biggest problem is actually doing things and not staying still.

Hylian7

when you combine it with your relentless insistence that tread switching is a core game mechanic and you put it on the same level as killing the ancient or using your four skills, then yeah it comes across as "if you can't even tread switch then you're incompetent"
You're moving the goalposts here. When someone starts playing Dota, they (usually) don't know how to use any mechanics in the game. They may not Tread switch with efficiency consistently until after a bunch of games. The existence of that mechanic should not scare people from the game. Never did I say " if you can't even Tread switch you're incompetent "

Ah bishameowntnelakdsjflksdajf;lkj.

I'm just happy I was able to hit all my ancient stack timings
misc-shag.gif

the toxicest

I honestly never had dealt with an ancient farming necros before, I went with what Gzzz asked for and I just kind of freaked out and tried to put the wards wherever, like it didn't even occurred to me to set them up in the cliff or between the trees to make it much harder for you to get rid of them, guess it's also harder to counter in Dire side.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sadly a lot of these issues are far more prevalent for new players. You can bypass almost all of them if you stack with friends/nice people.

I always queue with my friend, so that only leaves 3 team mates that have to be normal human beings but often there's always that one guy who acts as if he was repeatedly dropped as a baby and storms off in a huff whenever he dies. I honestly can't imagine being so damaged that my coping mechanism for dying in a video game was to teleport to base to sell all my gear and spam wards.

Hylian7

I honestly never had dealt with an ancient farming necros, i just kind of freaked out and tried to put the wards wherever, like it didn't even occurred to me to set them up in the cliff or between the trees to make it much harder for you to get rid of them.
I think it's hilarious we still see ancients Necros, given that roaming BH picks are commonplace, and he would have the easiest time bothering him and stopping it. It's pretty much on the level of cliff jungle NP especially with a Storm on the other team. I've had times where I was Radiant Storm and the NP was on our cliff so I just used Remnant and Overload for a free FB pre-6.

Hylian7

Time for a new topic: the most efficient way to use phase boots
If you're moving long distances keep them on CD, otherwise use them in fights when you need to move through someone not to get bodyblocked. I've actually seen funny tree jukes where the person being chased Phase Booted through the person chasing them and then back out of vision.

In general they are also the more "damage" boots, so heroes that rely more on damage per hit than attack speed should get them: PA, Gyro, and Troll are three examples that have either some built in attack speed mechanism or a skill that goes well with the early extra damage (Flak Cannon)

Low Tier
ok im gonna say this now tusr i expect u to quote this or rephrase this

hylian u fucking treadswapwarrior u cant stress the importance of tread swapping when, after watching your stream for a good amount of time, I've noticed you never drop your items to soul ring. Why would you try and champion efficiency in tread swapping when you can't grasp that concept as a 4k storm spammer that dropping items to utilize soul ring whne you know the relative position of all enemy heroes and that your items are safe in order to double up your mana gain from soul ring is beyond me.

Like honestly this shit is disgusting to watch you be unable to grasp basic pub play mechanics as the #1 pub hero right now.

Also learn to predict remnants when you zip so you get free damage.

TUSR

Banned

hylian u fucking treadswapwarrior u cant stress the importance of tread swapping when, after watching your stream for a good amount of time, I've noticed you never drop your items to soul ring. Why would you try and champion efficiency in tread swapping when you can't grasp that concept as a 4k storm spammer that dropping items to utilize soul ring whne you know the relative position of all enemy heroes and that your items are safe in order to double up your mana gain from soul ring is beyond me.

Like honestly this shit is disgusting to watch you be unable to grasp basic pub play mechanics as the #1 pub hero right now.

i mentioned this too

Russ T

Banned
also when you are losing the game because you keep doing dumb initiations, make it a point to draw attention to your hard support, who has the most deaths, because he or she keeps wasting his or her fucking time trying to fucking save your sorry shitty fucking ass fuck

dota's fun tho

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Does MGSV ever force you to get the dog? Because I'm on like Mission 15 and I found out I could get him really early on, I'm wonder if its possible to beat the game without ever getting him.

shira

I don't think I would even know how to win a 5k or above game.

None of what you learn in trench is actually useful for organized gaming.

I don't know how to ss, what does this mean?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he means dropping remnant during zip so you start the cooldown ASAP.

Amazing joke post

The post says free damage, so the remmant explodes in the same place where you stop zipping?

COMPLETELY UNRELATED, I'm seeing a bunch of people banned that are frequent anime watchers. Anime purged actually happened or something lmao

that was a couple of weeks ago during the greatest mass banning in recent memory, I think

or as we in the FGW call it, "heritage, not hentai"

Low Tier
Amazing joke post

if only you had a clue

@Sgt.Pepper

its understanding that if you zip ahead of someone, drop remnant, then attack, their ability to move out of range of the remnant with overload and you bodyblocking them is pretty much nil unless they have a movement spell.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The idea is to drop remnant while you're zipping over someone so it explodes instantly and the cooldown starts while you're in zip, rather than waiting for the zip to finish before dropping your first remnant.

Quesa

Does MGSV ever force you to get the dog? Because I'm on like Mission 15 and I found out I could get him really early on, I'm wonder if its possible to beat the game without ever getting him.

You can beat it without getting most of them.

-codename FOX

Just said fuck it and played my first Meepo match ever. Shit felt like keyboard cat given human form. Team fights? PUSH EVERY KEY AND MAYBE SOME MAGIC WILL HAPPEN.

Now officially 1-0 on Meepo.
EWmof.gif

Just said fuck it and played my first Meepo match ever. Shit felt like keyboard cat given human form. Team fights? PUSH EVERY KEY AND MAYBE SOME MAGIC WILL HAPPEN.

Now officially 1-0 on Meepo.
EWmof.gif

Meepo is fun hero, but people who play dota all are about lmao counter picks. Lich, earthshaker or whatever else tries to pick shit to fuck your shit. Especially if you suck ass at micro like me.
surprise.gif

Top Bottom