• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Artanisix

Some pretty darn good IHL games, thx everyone, hope I didn't brought down my teams too much.

Also Shadow Fiend? more like Shadow Flop ;)

dac15_nosewipe.gif
Kreygasm.png

u did good on my team bro!!

-codename chick

Think you just have to change how you think of black hole when you are against a rubick. Use it to secure pickoffs and convert yourself into more of a pusher aura dude than a "land a 5 man black hole and win the game" kinda dude.

Or catch rubick in the hole.

yep, enigma pushes great

and farms so quickly, too ;__;

I started having more success with him (and Void) when I started using hole/chrono to make ganks a sure thing rather than saving them and hoping for a game-winning 4-man catch

the cooldown is still really obnoxious, though :/

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't even wait for that big four man BH tbh. I barely even bother with it if there's a Rubitch, it's a liability of an ability.

Pratfall

if the emphasis of reborn is to make it easier to form parties and keep track of your friends, why is your friends list hidden behind a button and not just permanently displayed like in source 1?

TUSR

Banned
if the emphasis of reborn is to make it easier to form parties and keep track of your friends, why is your friends list hidden behind a button and not just permanently displayed like in source 1?
Yeah but you have a chat window with limitless tabs and a red circle to notify you when you receive messages.

I really don't get the Maelstrom rush on Windranger, is the damage proc in early ganks really that much worthy over the push/sustainability advantage of going for Aghs first?

sixghost

I really don't get the Maelstrom rush on Windranger, is the damage proc in early ganks really that much worthy over the push/sustainability advantage of going for Aghs first?

Maelstrom pushes waves faster than aghs, you can farm jungle faster than aghs, does a lot of AOE damage in teamfights, and costs less. Aghs scales into late game, kills towers faster, makes you tankier, gives you more mana, and lets you use more than one focus fire in teamfights.

Pros seem to have decided that aghs crystallis is the preferred choice.

popgaf i have a question

why is taylor swift the greatest musical genius of our time ?

Because the people with an awful taste trying to pass their opinions as an universal truth far outweigh the ones with common sense, they'll tell you I'm insane, but I got a blank space baby and I will write their name.

The idea is that it lets you farm faster.
Maelstrom pushes waves faster than aghs, you can farm jungle faster than aghs, does a lot of AOE damage in teamfights, and costs less. Aghs scales into late game, kills towers faster, makes you tankier, gives you more mana, and lets you use more than one focus fire in teamfights.

Sounds to me just like going Battlefury on cores like PA or Juggernaut, trading off a slot for an item that will fall off rather quickly to try and maximize your farm, I'm personally not a fan of it.

The only Slahser build that actually stuck, and it's the only one that isn't weird gimmicky nonsense.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
call me maybe is still the best song ever but i think taylor swift has still surpassed carly rae i am sad to say because i am a big carly rae fan myself u kno

1933 metacritic - 76
E-MO-TION metacritic - 78

i'm sorry but who has surpassed who here?

sixghost

Sounds to me just like going Battlefury on cores like PA or Juggernaut, trading off a slot for an item that will fall off rather quickly to try and maximize your farm, I'm personally not a fan of it.

They aren't similar at all really. WR is a pick off threat on practically any hero in the game with level 4 shackle and a maelstrom. It costs like 1500 less than aghs, so you get to that point faster. There's a reason it was the go-to item for a long time before this new build got popular.

They allow you to get solo kills early, ut they offer slightly different things after that. Malestrom is a legitimate choice if you have a harder carry that can take over late game. You can use to maelstrom to start pushing and getting pick offs earlier. If you need to e the late game damage, Aghs is probably the better way to go.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You should go Aghs if you're doing well but if you want to go online sooner, Mael. Keep in mind you need to get a Blink up as well so getting Mael over Aghs means getting 1000g head start on your Blink.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Caveat, Mael has been nerfed since 6.83/6.84 and old habits die hard.

TUSR

Banned
Whats your build?

Im planning on trying her out offlane. With aghs into daed and possibly a force staff deppwnding on how bad my positioning is..
I build her as i see fit for the game and how it progresses. I don't have a set build for items.

Most common items, phase, aghs, blink, then whatever your dps items of choice are.

Top Bottom