• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

G.ZZZ

u ran down mid with half the team

they gg pushed like 30 seconds after u left rofl

I actually assumed we were all there lol, i noticed late we weren't.
sad.gif

JC Sera

Going babysitting
smile.gif

cute kids

btw maybe the next hero could be a human/human looking child lol & smite have them
like I know we have puck & pugna but its a concept

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think mechanically it's banishment like Imprison or Disruption or Euls.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I think mechanically it's banishment like Imprison or Disruption or Euls.

i mean after the doppelwalk ends

for instance, if you cast arcane bolt on PL and he doppelwalks to escape and then reappears, arcane bolt (which is undisjointable) will be disjointed

Haly

i mean after the doppelwalk ends

for instance, if you cast arcane bolt on PL and he doppelwalks to escape and then reappears, arcane bolt (which is undisjointable) will be disjointed

Oh, hm.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
dopplewalk also removes bh's track. :( op hero is op still
T___T

That's how it's supposed to work, though. Doppelwalk casts a dispel on you when you use it.

It being able to disjoint undisjointable projectiles is a different kettle of fish imo

Haly

Tobear is saying that a slow projectile won't "track" PL after Doppelwalk ends, but before the projectile actually hits.

If this is true, then it's actually unintended. Technically, with banish effects the projectile is still locked on you, but it fizzles when it hits your invincible/hidden self. For example, you're invincible/hidden during Sleight of Fist. If you touch a projectile during it, it won't deal damage or affect you, but if Sleight ends before you negate the projectile, it'll hit you after you come out. Doppelwalk should work like Sleight, but apparently it doesn't?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
OKAY WHAT THE LE FUCK

it hurts him now?

i literally just saw it in 109's game and tested it myself

and now i tested it again and it does damage

i.......what

Haly

OKAY WHAT THE LE FUCK

it hurts him now?

i literally just saw it in 109's game and tested it myself

and now i tested it again and it does damage

i.......what
Maybe you just messed up the visual timing or you're drinking too much it could be either.

Haly

I wouldn't be surprised if 1.09 is also drunk. You kind of have to be at 5k+.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
must have been some kind of server timing/synchronisation issue, since on replay the arcane bolt misses while PL has disappeared, but in the game it hit him after he'd reappeared and did no damage to him

kind of weird that i was able to replicate it in a local lobby on my first try though

Hylian7

Undisjointable projectiles can only be disjointed by banishes as long as they hit where the hero would be. So OD prison, SD Disruption, Phase Shift, etc all still have some "marker" where the hero is, and the projectile can hit that but of course since the hero is banished won't do anything to them.

Necrophos Death Pulse chases are always the funniest thing to watch.

shira

My name is Jacky Mao desu.  Gomen, bad engrish.  I grow up in small apartment to make animu.

Otoo-sama say ”Mao, animu sales is bad.  Need you to have play professional DOTA2 in Amerika for make money for daikimakura for obaa-sama”

I bring honor to nakama and obaa-sama.  Purisu no kopi pesuto desu

FACE

Banned
My name is Jacky Mao desu.  Gomen, bad engrish.  I grow up in small apartment to make animu.

Otoo-sama say ”Mao, animu sales is bad.  Need you to have play professional DOTA2 in Amerika for make money for daikimakura for obaa-sama”

jake-gyllenhaal-noh5r86.gif

this is the toradora of copypastas

misc-fEEd.png
misc-fEEd.png

giphy.gif

This copypasta almost as good as EE carry capabilities.

Haly

I've never seen a speedrunner copypasta. Example?

I've never seen a speedrunner copypasta. Example?

Stiv I hope you can see this message now that the chat has died down. I wanted to say congrats! I know you can do a little bitter but I always want to tip my hat off to you. Through thick and thin I will still be here to always support you. I know times are hard, but you always come back with a good attitude. I wish you the very best on your next runs, and hope you get an even better score. I will continue to be here and find new strats as always. Great job stiv. I am rooting for you always! You should be proud.

Haly

That's extremely dull.

Not that the EETZ one is any better.

Top Bottom