• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not even as good as:

Is this Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler of Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler Gaming aka BMK Gaming?

inkls

Stiv I hope you can see this message now that the chat has died down. I wanted to say congrats! I know you can do a little bitter but I always want to tip my hat off to you. Through thick and thin I will still be here to always support you. I know times are hard, but you always come back with a good attitude. I wish you the very best on your next runs, and hope you get an even better score. I will continue to be here and find new strats as always. Great job stiv. I am rooting for you always! You should be proud.

ResidentSleeper.png

FACE

Banned
Stiv I hope you can see this message now that the chat has died down. I wanted to say congrats! I know you can do a little bitter but I always want to tip my hat off to you. Through thick and thin I will still be here to always support you. I know times are hard, but you always come back with a good attitude. I wish you the very best on your next runs, and hope you get an even better score. I will continue to be here and find new strats as always. Great job stiv. I am rooting for you always! You should be proud.

HnoVhEG.gif

Acinixys

Nothing like a mid Pudge who feeds the enemy SF a 10 min blink and treads

I missed this game and all its quirks

No i didnt

Abyssal on PL is so good, even if they don't get any benefit from the DMG or from the bash chance, just getting it alongside a diffusal to shut down an annoying SS is so satisfying.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm surprised at how much people stick up for NoobFromUA on reddit, he steals content then plays the victim card every few months when called out. "It's free advertisement", "They weren't going to upload it anyway!"

The streamers own the content of their steam, and its reasonable to expect to be asked permission before taking and monetizing their stuff. Or at least not throw a fit when you get asked to take the stuff down.

I'm surprised at how much people stick up for NoobFromUA on reddit, he steals content then plays the victim card every few months when called out. "It's free advertisement", "They weren't going to upload it anyway!"

The streamers own the content of their steam, and its reasonable to expect to be asked permission before taking and monetizing their stuff. Or at least not throw a fit when you get asked to take the stuff down.
Hah I was about to make the exact same post, that subreddit has always been pretty dumb but this is a new low. First attacking sunsfan for calling NUA out, now attacking every single pro that doesn't want him to steal their stream footage.

"Someone else will just upload it anyway"
"free advertisement"
"He uploads fast and at high quality so I don't care"

I've seen 10 year olds come up with better defenses. I find it pretty frustrating that a lot of people in the scene(including Valve) take that subreddit seriously.

NoobfromUA is being extremely childish about it too, playing the victim card and everything. Just don't be an asshole and ask for permission, it's that simple.

Kade

Are you really surprised that the members of a site dedicated to taking other's content and getting credit and fake digital kudos for it is defending the guy who took content?

inkls

Are you really surprised that the members of a site dedicated to taking other's content and getting credit and fake digital kudos for it is defending the guy who took content?

its funny because you also get banned if you're the original maker and you keep posting your content

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

You are right. I'm not surprised, I'm annoyed.

honestly NoobFromUA offers a valuable service to me, I would never see a lot of this content otherwise

legally speaking I honestly have no idea whether he's in the right, but YouTube offers the tools for creators to request takedowns, if they have a problem with what he's uploading they should go through the official channels to do it instead of whining on Twitter

Low Tier
honestly NoobFromUA offers a valuable service to me, I would never see a lot of this content otherwise

legally speaking I honestly have no idea whether he's in the right, but YouTube offers the tools for creators to request takedowns, if they have a problem with what he's uploading they should go through the official channels to do it instead of whining on Twitter

it takes so long

this is now the Beyoncé appreciation ot

fave Beyoncé looks/songs??

Halo
If I were a Boy

I actually haven't listened to any of her more recent songs, I should check them out.

Or you know, he could just act like an adult and ask for permission. Also, Youtube's system is all kinds of fucked.

Russ T

Banned
when you join a party with a friend and one of the people in that party whom you never played with is just extremely obnoxious over the mic for the first ten minutes so you mute him

facepalm.gif

inkls

it takes so long

its actually super easy. Youtube's takedown service assumes you're guilty until proven innocent so its super easy to takedown content. Theres been lots of case where people put in fake information to take down some youtuber's content and I don't know if they've changed that recently or if its still as easy to do.

t0rment

yeah, i don't care who the owner is, i'd never see a lot of dota 2 content if it wasnt for him, i just to see good shit, that's all.

case in point is the awesome all star game of summit 2, he's the only one with the full game on youtube, not even BTS uploaded that.

Do streamers really have a case in this situation? Wouldn't Valve be the one with the last word in this whole scenario, since they are basically streaming their content in the first place? Using the stream footage would be the same to making the same highlights out of a raw replay taken directly from the game, so idk.

Top Bottom