• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Trickster

Because most streamers play listening to music that will get them automatically muted on Youtube due to Content ID. SingSing used to (I don't know if he still does) upload his VODs on Youtube, for example.
thinking.gif

If that was really the reason they don't do it, I don't see how Noob can upload the stuff to youtube without his video's getting muted?

Also, the fact that they stream and earn money while blasting copyrighted music, makes it kinda hard to sympathize with them when they get mad at Noob, at least in my view.

Red UFO

Noob and other people doing a similar thing go through and try to eliminate the background music, sometimes you'll hear like a static-y noise on these videos, which is what that is.

If that was really the reason they don't do it, I don't see how Noob can upload the stuff to youtube without his video's getting muted?

Also, the fact that they stream and earn money while blasting copyrighted music, makes it kinda hard to sympathize with them when they get mad at Noob, at least in my view.

Because they do it on Twitch, not on Youtube. Youtube has Content ID because Artists/Productions threat to sue Youtube, they don't do it on Twitch because they don't give a flying fuck about Twitch. Different TOS and Youtube is way bigger.

Trickster

Because they do it on Twitch, not on Youtube. Youtube has Content ID because Artists/Productions threat to sue Youtube, they don't do it on Twitch because they don't give a flying fuck about Twitch. Different TOS and Youtube is way bigger.

Not sure I follow. Noob uploads his clips on youtube just fine. So, why couldn't progamers upload their highlight clips on youtube instead of him?

Edit
Noob and other people doing a similar thing go through and try to eliminate the background music, sometimes you'll hear like a static-y noise on these videos, which is what that is.

Aha, I see.

that feel when every restaurant is closed for labor day and you have to cook your own lunch when you don't feel like it FUCK

Bruh. I've been working like a madman and realized only an hour ago that none of my clients were returning my calls today because Labor Day.

Fuck holidays.

*boots Elite:Dangerous*

I love when 4 stacks are so nice to you :)

Indeed, they come as often as comet Halley though, I actually fill that one spot for 4 stacks that I got along with

p sure valve said a long time ago that streamers and youtubers own whatever content they make from valve games

in the case of dota 2 i think they even said that you can sell physical products based on the IP

So this pretty much means streamers can't really take any action against the content made by people like NFUA, oh nvm I just caught that he is now using replays from the client to make his videos, so yeah this is what it has come down to...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ride two hours into Manhattan in 85 degree weather for weekly appointment.

Forget its Labor Day and the hospital's closed.

Well at least I got my weekly quota of sunshine.

Saprol

labour day holiday is ruined by the fact there wasn't a rick and morty episode to watch this week

So this pretty much means streamers can't really take any action against the content made by people like NFUA
shouldn't that only apply to valve not shutting down anybody using dota's IP? otherwise that quote is saying you can go repackage and sell anybody's content that includes any public domain material

labour day holiday is ruined by the fact there wasn't a rick and morty episode to watch this week

shouldn't that only apply to valve not shutting down anybody using dota's IP? otherwise that quote is saying you can go repackage and sell anybody's content that includes any public domain material

But you can repackage and sell public domain material. Only why would someone pay when there is the free public domain material too?

EDIT: I understood that wrong. Although I'm not sure what you do mean.

Indeed, they come as often as comet Halley though, I actually fill that one spot for 4 stacks that I got along with

So this pretty much means streamers can't really take any action against the content made by people like NFUA, oh nvm I just caught that he is now using replays from the client to make his videos, so yeah this is what it has come down to...

No that specific thing does not mean anything for the streamers. It says they own the content, it is the copyright of those content creators. You can also make a derived work from something in the public domain, and then you have copyright on that work.

However that does not mean all their complains are valid either.

Saprol

But you can repackage and sell public domain material. Only why would someone pay when there is the free public domain material too?
i mean if you did something on top of it. NFUA isn't recording pro games from in-game client replays. he's doing it from twitch streams of pro players and tournaments which often includes commentary and stuff.

games are mostly fine to monetize (except nintendo) but you can't just rehost every pewdiepie video or something because games are ok the people talking are irrelevant

MGSV story is so trash. disappointed that one of my favorite series become this.

oh well, more time for dotes.
Gameplay heavy MGS sounds like gaming heaven compared to MGS4 cutscene hell. I am sure it will become my favorite. Trying to 100% Ground Zeroes first.

Gameplay heavy MGS sounds like gaming heaven compared to MGS4 cutscene hell. I am sure it will become my favorite. Trying to 100% Ground Zeroes first.

It is IMO the best MGS gameplay wise by far. Granted i am "only" 22 hours in, but so far i am really liking it and i would rate it as my favorite MGS.

Codename: Fox Hound

Top Bottom