• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Mordeccai

but if you are farming well enough to buy a rapier you are not gonna calibrate below 500.

MMR is strictly based off of win/loss, or does it take into account your kills, assists, last hits, etc ?

M.D I turn 24 in two months. fuck man we are getting ready to leave our early 20's and I have done essentially fuck all

on track to be in my dream job by the time I'm 30, guess I'll just live it up in my early 30s and have a shitty 20's

Hylian7

but if you are farming well enough to buy a rapier you are not gonna calibrate below 500.

MMR is strictly based off of win/loss, or does it take into account your kills, assists, last hits, etc ?

M.D I turn 24 in two months. fuck man we are getting ready to leave our early 20's and I have done essentially fuck all

on track to be in my dream job by the time I'm 30, guess I'll just live it up in my early 30s and have a shitty 20's

You can probably get away with going Midas > Boots > Rapier in most pubs, usually it's just a matter of how smart doing that actually is.

Just played with a wd who went maledict first
Only knew the river ward spot
Didnt know how to switch obs and sentries
"Very high skill" my ass

I am gonna go back to overthrow

Mordeccai

fuck.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1792684991

gyro has connection issues, abandons game, I tell team not to freak and let me carry it.

team proceeds to just randomly run in and feed, not even 25-4 kda bloodseeker can salvage the game.

how the hell do you win in a 4 vs 5 anyway? despite my ridiculous kill score the other team continually had the xp and gold advantage. guess our team comp wasn't set up to win in a 4 vs 5 scenario at the end of teh day

also fuck u tinker. I enjoyed rupturing ur ass and watching as you blinked into trees, then popping blade mail and runnign into march. such an annoying hero.

Hylian7

I'm burned out on this patch. I've pewpewed so many things in space this week and finished outfitting my Fer-de-Lance. Gud ship.

Hylian7

fuck.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1792684991

gyro has connection issues, abandons game, I tell team not to freak and let me carry it.

team proceeds to just randomly run in and feed, not even 25-4 kda bloodseeker can salvage the game.

how the hell do you win in a 4 vs 5 anyway? despite my ridiculous kill score the other team continually had the xp and gold advantage. guess our team comp wasn't set up to win in a 4 vs 5 scenario at the end of teh day

also fuck u tinker. I enjoyed rupturing ur ass and watching as you blinked into trees, then popping blade mail and runnign into march. such an annoying hero.

Basically use your higher gold gain to your advantage, especially the cores. Sell the abandoned guy's items as soon as you can, unless you really think you need him to just ult and leave the teamfight, but I would say it's probably better to just sell. I have won plenty of 4v5's.

Mordeccai

Basically use your higher gold gain to your advantage, especially the cores. Sell the abandoned guy's items as soon as you can, unless you really think you need him to just ult and leave the teamfight, but I would say it's probably better to just sell. I have won plenty of 4v5's.

yah I immediately sold his still but he was gone at like minute 4, just boots, bottle, wraith band and 2 branches. he eventually reconnected at 30 minutes and just fucked around in jungle.

I think my team just fed too much, they wouldn't coordinate and kept getting picked off / caught out. took them too damn long to learn that tinker could BoT's in with lifestealer infest.

also mirana needed to build carry items for us to have had a shot.

Drkirby said:
I feel the match making is still out of whack
I've been climbing in MMR way faster than before, all my matches have been equal in average MMR but it does feel a little bit easier.

kionedrik

I feel the match making is still out of whack

I don't know about ranked but unranked seems to be taking the new level system into account when pairing everyone into teams.

And I've come to the conclusion that the new levels are complete ass and mean even less than the previous.

custome game makers need to step up their "about" page, instead of talking about how its a "classic blahblah wc3 blah blah" or "still in beta! better used with x people!"
explain the what the game goal and throw that other crap at the end.

Smithy C

Jakiro is probably my favourite hero. People underestimate him as a solo offlaner, but if you just max your Q and E, you can outharrass a lot of safelane combos.

mjollnir is trash, linkens is trash except against certain heroes

yasha > skadi > mkb > bfly
manta very situational, illusions deal and tank fuckall, only get it for the dispell and/or dodge if really necessary
rapier as 5th or 6th (would never go double rapier though)
oh, and for boots you want BoT late of course, but between phase and treads I'd say go phase if you need chasing or escaping chasing heroes, otherwise go treads, you'll build damage items anyway
aquila is good too ofc

Satch

Banned
Jakiro is probably my favourite hero. People underestimate him as a solo offlaner, but if you just max your Q and E, you can outharrass a lot of safelane combos.

do you get one point in the path or do you just skip it completely until both the q and e are maxed?

ive been playing him as a support and ive been getting one point in the ice path at like level 3 or 4 just for the utility of it, but im slowly starting to feel like im not getting much use out of it that early in the game

don't bother with ice path if there's no setup at all, go ham with DoTs
I don't think support is his best role, or greedy #4 support maybe. You need that eul's, like lina, or you do nothing in the midgame

Good thing he's great at clearing jungle stacks though, means he can catch up if he had a rough early game

you defnetly need 1 point in ice path at 3 or 4. its range makes it useful for disabling while retreating ,chasing , canceling a tp and getting close to use your other spells

G.ZZZ

They really should make you able to report people on dotaTV. For some reason i still see dotaTV chat even if i disabled it and all i read is russian or pretend russian kids that spam allcaps insults zzz.

also, how to fix storm: ball lightning no longer turn you invulnerable, just magic immune. Basically make it stoppable by some magic-immune piercing spells, like chrono, rupture, sleight of fists , death ward, RP, hooks etc...

G.ZZZ

Also my watch tab game is over half of games that finished days ago but still show up there (game llenghts 2877 minutes... ok).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Hey I just realized are all our downloaded source 1 replays gone?? I had some of my very, very early games of Dota saved for laughs. That's actually such a bummer if those are lost forever now.

So, yeah, as it turns out the Yasha > Skadi build worked. I was wondering about upgrading Yasha into an SnY as Manta was not needed in this case.
hating tony abbott isn't political
its just a natural reaction to an asshole
"What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up.”
- Tony Abbott, Minister for Women

SnY is hardly needed, it only gives some hp for about the price of an ult orb, and it's not part of your 6 slots, also maim doesn't work with split shot (only main target)
rather get skadi straight ahead, the slow is great too and it gives a lot of mana which SnY doesn't give

Quesa

Yesterday I failed to ready up for a game and had to wait ten minutes, getting kicked from my party. Is 10min the default now?

No biggie though. That's why Skillshot Wars exists.

kionedrik

I should really start playing custom games but the quantity of modes is so haunting, and their quality so questionable, that I inevitably fall back into the default 5v5...

Smithy C

do you get one point in the path or do you just skip it completely until both the q and e are maxed?

ive been playing him as a support and ive been getting one point in the ice path at like level 3 or 4 just for the utility of it, but im slowly starting to feel like im not getting much use out of it that early in the game

I only ever get W early if I'm being forced into a 5 role, to stop TPS and whatnot like others have said. But even then, I'm rarely using it in fights just because the Q's slow when levelled up is more useful that what is basically just an AOE ministun.

Artanisix

Giff Alch build.

I haven't been eager to share it with 6.85 being inevitable, but essentially you want to go Radiance over Battlefury. Radiance gives you exactly what you need; constant AOE farm, high damage, and ehp through miss chance. From there you go SNY or BKB depending on how heavy their burst is. Then your third item is a Butterfly for the massive attack speed and even more miss chance; at this point in the game you're practically unkillable, especially with your team backing you.

With greevils greed you should be able to maintain around double the gpm of the enemy carry. Leverage this into map control by buying items that let you fight and stay alive. That's the thought process between my three core items of Radiance, Butterfly, and Sny or BKB. After that point, build what you need for the game. MKB, basher, ac, daedalusn and heart are all great items on Alchemist. By the time they get MKB, you'll be stacked like crazy.

Top Bottom