• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I never knew Purge was that good of a player.

He's fucking ass. I'm actually watching this game and can't believe he is going to win. His Disraptor play is making me cry.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
purge queued into our 4-stack starring our legitimately 1k mmr friend (no joke) with his 5 stack, back when the reborn matchmaking search range was ginormous
cBj1LTf.png

sad days

I wonder if NA really is especially toxic or if English-speaking fans just get a skewed perspective because all the drama is produced in English. Maybe we just don't read about the sort of toxic garbage the Russian ixmike or the Swedish tralf spew, because who would care.

I wonder if NA really is especially toxic or if English-speaking fans just get a skewed perspective because all the drama is produced in English. Maybe we just don't read about the sort of toxic garbage the Russian ixmike or the Swedish tralf spew, because who would care.

"Who would care?" A lot of people? Europeans tend to care more about EU Dota than nadota so they'd definitely care. EU has it's own FPL and cancerous players but honestly most pro players seem to not bring that shit to twitter and such, doesn't mean they're nicer players or something.

It mostly seems like a culture thing, I've also noticed that nadota players tend to use the colours to refer to other players and EU Dota players never do. There's a lot of subtle differences in behaviour, I'm sure the Chinese scene is also unique in its own way but we obviously don't hear much about it.

jew

Banned
nadotas only toxic because theres a constant stream of foreigners plaguing your games that raises your blood pressure so high you have to release it by lashing out in all chat

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
honestly the shared language on nadota probably has something to do with its famed toxicity (if it has one), on the euro servers half the people in your game don't speak the same language so if they're flaming you you can't tell

Mordeccai

holy fuck I looked up what it costs to buy an account

120 dollars for 5k?!?

300 dollars for a 6k account? wtf, why would you do this to yourself. Spend a shit ton of money to go suck ass in a bracket you can't compete in

time investment doesnt seem worth it from a seller stand point either.... play 200 games (minimum, right?), ~ 200 hours and make only 300 dollars? thats terrible.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
holy fuck I looked up what it costs to buy an account

120 dollars for 5k?!?

300 dollars for a 6k account? wtf, why would you do this to yourself. Spend a shit ton of money to go suck ass in a bracket you can't compete in

time investment doesnt seem worth it from a seller stand point either.... play 200 games (minimum, right?), ~ 200 hours and make only 300 dollars? thats terrible.

$300 for 6k seems right, those things are hard to get. Likely people in nations with really low cost of living do the boosting.

The $120 for 5k are likely the real money makers, since its far faster to boost an account to 5k.

How much are the 4k and 3k accounts?

For those that have Super Mario Maker, I have a stage for you made by Theorymon.

The Goomba: A Sad Tale of Madness
BDAB-0000-0033-2697

bounch can vouch for it.

Mordeccai

$300 for 6k seems right, those things are hard to get. Likely people in nations with really low cost of living do the boosting.

The $120 for 5k are likely the real money makers, since its far faster to boost an account to 5k.

How much are the 4k and 3k accounts?

I'll go back after this match, but I think a 3k account was like 20 bucks. I think 4k was around 40 dollars

Road to 4k cheaper than MSRP keepo

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Finally got my automatic replay downloader working again (I hope), I like how it actually can download replays from some of the custom games, even though there is no option in client. I think it only works for those on dedicated servers. I have to use the console to load it though. I think the reason its not officially exposed is the replays will likely break if the Custom Game Makers makes significant changes to the mod currently.

I wonder how long until Valve exposes custom games stats to the official API, so Dotabuff can track them.

Mordeccai

lol, the 314 MMR account costs more than the 3k account. (35 dollars vs 18 dollars)

damn, I can't even imagine what playing ranked at sub 1k is like. even as just a 3k scrub.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
lol, the 314 MMR account costs more than the 3k account. (35 dollars vs 18 dollars)

damn, I can't even imagine what playing ranked at sub 1k is like. even as just a 3k scrub.

Really low MMR actually takes effort, since you have to both be able to lose the game, and not end up in low priority in the process (Or else get slowed down a ton). You can't just feed, or you get reported every game. No, you have to subtly throw. Look like you are trying, but actively be trying to sabotage the team. Like an NP who can steal all the farm on the map, and do nothing with it.

Mordeccai

Really low MMR actually takes effort, since you have to both be able to lose the game, and not end up in low priority in the process (Or else get slowed down a ton). You can't just feed, or you get reported every game. No, you have to subtly throw. Look like you are trying, but actively be trying to sabotage the team. Like an NP who can steal all the farm on the map, and do nothing with it.

the art of the incognito 322

I think I would go insane from all the losing... I mean at that mmr you have people just standing around not right clicking or anything. team fights must evolve at the pace of a marathon for snails.

btw, recipe for success: play doto while listening to Toto

Wok

Maybe steal all the farm on the map and then feed a rapier to the opponent carry with it.

Top Bottom