• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

FACE

Banned
Playing GTA V as well. Almost done with it but Jesus Christ, it's one boring ass game.

Bloodborne was outstanding however. Really exceeded my expectations after DaS2 let me down quite a bit.

Also, regarding 6.83 - does anyone remember the first two or three weeks with 2-3k bounty rewards on single heroes? Spectre had like a 65% winrate.

That was early 6.82. I remember playing a game where a weaver bought a full daedalus after getting two kills, what a patch that was.

abunai

my friend always goes blink first enigma then proceeds to get a mek at 35 minutes and do nothing the rest of the game, it's great

also my boss is away the week I come back from vacation
I could've stayed off this week and nobody would've known
I don't even have anything to do ;/

been awhile having a comeback.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1795372395
spectre-what.gif

Reckoner

I want to publicly thank 109 for his really helpful streams. I just won 5 games as AM - which I never tried before - and I'm finally getting out of trash dota tier.
laugh.gif

inkls

Every tier is trash tier. There is no escape.

When I got past 2.6k mmr two things happened:

1) I started seeing people pick supports

2) People who randomned supports stopped trying to compete for last hits with the carry.

I consider that out of trash tier.

kionedrik

2) People who randomned supports stopped trying to compete for last hits with the carry.

I traversed the 3k desert at one point and it honestly felt that the thousands (3k and 4k) and the 500's are trenches of their own. Everything in the middle was quite enjoyable. Perhaps 2k is similar....

you stopped playing with me because I was too good at playing supports

I think we only played 2 games together actually and then I faded off back into not playing dota for a month

I play GREAT support tho!

inkls

I traversed the 3k desert at one point and it honestly felt that the thousands (3k and 4k) and the 500's are trenches of their own. Everything in the middle was quite enjoyable. Perhaps 2k is similar....

I mean, you still see weird stuff. In the game that got me 3k our safelane was Pudge Omniknight.

But my philosophy when I see these things at first is always "anything can work"

you stopped playing with me because I was too good at playing supports

I think we only played 2 games together actually and then I faded off back into not playing dota for a month

I play GREAT support tho!

I meant soloqueue tho, party matchmaking is a different matter and yeah, you play gud support.

kionedrik

I mean, you still see weird stuff. In the game that got me 3k our safelane was Pudge Omniknight.

But my philosophy when I see these things at first is always "anything can work"

I'd say you won that game despite having those 2 in your safe lane. It seemed like a 3v5 scenario (your team was the 3) and 2 of the other team where feeding nonstop.

edit: I don't want to seem like a jerk but the "anything works" motto becomes a lie when you start going up the ladder.

inkls

I'd say you won that game despite having those 2 in your safe lane. It seemed like a 3v5 scenario (your team was the 3) and 2 of the other team where feeding nonstop.

It def helped that we had 3 cores with bristle, sf and bs, but they did shut down the lesh who was with venge in the offlane.

edit: I don't want to seem like a jerk but the "anything works" motto becomes a lie when you start going up the ladder.

Tell that to guardian's jungle carry wisp.

I must be getting matched to a very particular set of Russians then

Yesterday i had a russian Omni (On EU West of course) who just told us he won't be supporting after the game began. A skadi was his first item. We won but he ended with something like 1:18. The one kill he got was running to a shakled enemy with 10hp healing himself.

The best part of it? Dota likes me to pair with people i just reported.

Saprol

I shouldn't have stayed up for the conference.

At least I caught the moment where the translator said out loud she was being scolded for not sounding excited enough. Lol

Chris R

Yeah, it's quite a bit better than IV. I mean, it's pretty good in most departments but it just can't keep my attention for longer than a mission or two. It's basically impossible to fail missions due to how simple they are. I recall GTA 3, VC and SA being significantly more challenging. There is no feeling of accomplishment once you pass a mission.

Honestly, there's no fucking point playing GTA V over a game of Dota unless I'm coming from a terrible loss in Dota and need to cool off.

Eh I'm having fun with it for the most part. Decent story and characters, outside of Trevor. Nice variety of missions too, and the swapping character stuff outside and in missions is pretty cool.

Only bummers for me? Online Achievements and the terrible load times on the PS4 (hey, miss getting a gold on that mission because we didn't tell you to do obscure thing #123, well spend 2 minutes loading into the game to go do that one thing to get the gold please)

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
ì just had a thing on a game i was spectating where i could see all of the current heroes gold and xp but i don't know how to do that and i've never seen it before

it looked like the scoreboard only it said 'gold and xp'

Top Bottom