• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

kvk1

Don't like the dude, his missions, his locale, or his dialog, sorry.

Fair enough. Is it just the "over the top" thing you didn't like?

To me Franklin felt utterly lifeless and they made Michael go back and forth between family man and criminal mastermind for too long into the game.

With Trevor you essentially went 0-60 from the introduction and never stopped. I liked that.

Chris R

Fair enough. Is it just the "over the top" thing you didn't like?

To me Franklin felt utterly lifeless and they made Michael go back and forth between family man and criminal mastermind for too long into the game.

With Trevor you essentially went 0-60 from the introduction and never stopped. I liked that.

I really liked San Andreas, so Franklin feels like a nice tie in to that game, and escaping one's prior circumstances can make for a compelling story. Though as of late I'm liking him a little less (40% spoilers)
I thought he was done with the hood and Lamar, only to do the mission with them and Trevor going to buy a key. Granted, I know they needed a mission with Franklin and Trevor alone but it felt like a huge slide backwards for Franklin's progress in the world

As for Trevor, I just don't like how violent/controlling/abusive he is to those around him. He's a guns blazing kind of character where I'd rather sneak in and out without being caught.

Quesa

I remember the latter half of Gravity Rush being either boring or frustrating, but either way I have some not-so-fond memories of it. I liked the premise though. Definitely worth a sequel.

#dotagafgameimpressions

JudgeN

Its like I went back in time 2 years
crazy.gif

Bulldog still only know how to play 4 heroes?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i have discovered the new aids

kotl blasting waves without a care down in the offlane so that his bloodseeker can destroy the safelane

I'll take 6.83 Sniper and Troll over a long grueling techies + PL game

Pretty sure Lancer was the exact same in 6.83? There was so much wrong with that patch, it was a tragedy. I just stopped playing at some point because Dota 2 was not a good video game in my opinion for the first time in over 2 years.

I mean, Lesh is similarly strong to Sniper and Troll (who both had a close 100% p/b rate towards the end of the patch I believe) but is picked nowhere near as much in pubs. Remember that Sniper had something like a 40% pick rate in pubs. You don't pick him, somebody else will and if it was the enemy team, odds were, you just lost. That was so dumb.

Also, Trevor is okay but I agree, he's overwritten. I also like the variety of the missions but I feel like the game doesn't respect my skill or my intelligence. Anyone, literally anyone, could finish this game. It takes no skill at all. It's all style and little substance. Pretty sure I'd get a similar experience out of GTA V if I watched a Let's Play.

kvk1

I also like the variety of the missions but I feel like the game doesn't respect my skill or my intelligence. Anyone, literally anyone, could finish this game. It takes no skill at all. It's all style and little substance.

I know, but you can't expect every game to cater to your superior mental/physical faculties.

Think of all the video games scrubs like me just trying to have a good time.

I know, but you can't expect every game to cater to your superior mental/physical faculties.

Think of all the video games scrubs like me just trying to have a good time.

I 100%ed GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA and IV. Each of these games is literally twice as challenging. Some argue due to cheap mechanics but I sure got more satisfaction out of those games.

Obviously, I see the point in catering towards players less hardcore than me but I don't really appreciate it.

edit: They weren't overly hard but I found all of them reasonably challenging. GTA V has no challenge whatsoever. Pretty sure an RNG software would beat it eventually.

kvk1

I 100%ed GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA and IV. Each of these games is literally twice as challenging. Some argue due to cheap mechanics but I sure got more satisfaction out of those games.

Obviously, I see the point in catering towards players less hardcore than me but I don't really appreciate it.

edit: "hard" is relative but I found all of them reasonably challenging. GTA V has no challenge whatsoever. Pretty sure an RNG software would beat it eventually.

You're the best.

Never change.

Hey guys, is there something wrong with announcer packs in dota 2 reborn? I can't get the rick and morty pack to work. Also, where do I go to modify loadout in the new interface?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
it's dumb enough that you can only see your opponents mmr if they've selected in their profile

but you can also only see your own mmr if you've selected it in your profile?????

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
their lineup is

dusa
sven
bane
earthshaker
ursa

taking away the fact that i can't play AM, AM was the best pick, right?

recommend me anime

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso ( Your Lie in April). It's a bittersweet school romance, so if you're inherently biased against that genre it might not be for you but...

I personally think it's the best anime I've ever seen. Almost every aspect is executed superbly. The story is well-written, filled with emotional punch and paced excellently. The characters are charming and undergo thoughtful development as the story progresses. The music is top-notch. The aesthetics/visual palette of the series is gorgeous. The framing of the camera (something I don't even notice in most anime) is done really well to maximize dramatic impact.

their lineup is

dusa
sven
bane
earthshaker
ursa

taking away the fact that i can't play AM, AM was the best pick, right?

Not sure tbh. AM doesn't fare that well against Ursa, Sven and Bane actually. ES has chain stun as well. Honestly, 4 of those 5 heroes are reasonably good against AM. I don't think he's the best pick here.
Slark could've worked as a position 1 but he has problems with Bane and too. How did they lane it? ES off lane?

Sniper could've possibly worked since people at 2k (which was your rating, wasn't it?) are less likely to buy Blinks on cores but that depends on how good your Sniper is. Hero is not exactly mechanically overburdening but doing well with him requires quite a bit of practice these days.

edit: Carry Windrunner, my 6.84 favourite, could've worked. In fact, would have worked better than AM. She has problems with lockdown (who doesn't?) but the enemy carries are all pretty useless against her.

Also, I think Sven is easily one of the toughest match ups for AM. Unless AM is super far ahead (which can quickly happen to be fair), he can't fight him 1on1 until he has a Butterfly and Sven no MKb as a counter measure. In any other case, AM just gotta run. Pretty sure 6 slotted (incl. consumed Moon Shard) Sven kills an equally farmed AM two or three times over before an AM gets Sven's HP to 0. Need to check that out in a lobby though.

You should watch Kids On The Slope. It's short.

I watched Kids on The Slope because I found out the director was Watanabe Shinichiro (Cowboy Bebop dude) and the music was by Kanno Yoko (also Cowboy Bebop person), but I was largely disappointed. The setting is pretty similar to Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (school, music, etc), but I found Shigatsu to be much better.

Top Bottom