• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

You are forgetting Spectre. She will be the Gyro of 6.85.

Nope sorry, that spot is already reserved for the glorious comeback of Terrorblade.

Metamorphosis will become a togglable ability, and everyone will look up and shout "Nerf him" And Icefrog will look down o them, and whisper "no".

Nope sorry, that spot is already reserved for the glorious comeback of Terrorblade.

Metamorphosis will become a togglable ability, and everyone will look up and shout "Nerf him" And Icefrog will look down o them, and whisper "no".

His Reflection is actually pretty damn strong atm.

Artanisix

Spectre is being spammed by rtz and envy because she counters popular picks like BH and winter wyvern and does well against the other popular heroes like dazzle, lina, es, etc. She's a pretty good pick right now

inkls

Spectre is being spammed by rtz and envy because she counters popular picks like BH and winter wyvern and does well against the other popular heroes like dazzle, lina, es, etc. She's a pretty good pick right now

why does she counter bh? spectral dagger ms? ult to catch up even vs track ms buff?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
my theory: 6.85 will not be a huge patch. it will be a tweak to 6.84 that fixes some of the more egregiously OP stuff but leaves the meta largely unchanged.

Quesa

what happened to mr KvH

wasn't he a gaffer? I remember him being really good but he's not in IHL?

my theory: 6.85 will not be a huge patch. it will be a tweak to 6.84 that fixes some of the more egregiously OP stuff but leaves the meta largely unchanged.

If basically said that in his post.

Jezbollah

i guesss. my first reading of it was that 6.85 would be major balance changes and 6.86 would be less balance changes but more other stuff (new heroes, items, etc.)

This is how I read it - 85 would be a balance change in time for the next major, then 86 would quickly follow with items/heroes etc

Tworak

it's really interesting just how shitty alliance has become. s4 in particular seems to be completely confused and with barely any game sense.

G.ZZZ

If Lina/QoP get nerfed and huskar stay the same he's gonna become fp/fb material, hope not, the hero is so stupidly polarizing in games.

Alliance was better off with Pakjatt....

S4 is one of the least impactful mids among pro mid players at the moment. His performances are absolutely lacklustre.

He had a Weaver game a few days ago with free farm on the safe lane and ended up with something like 370 GPM. No position #1 or #2 player I'm aware of would end up with this little farm provided your laning phase is free farm. He is just not as good at farming as anyone else on those positions.

What is Alliance's post S4 return win rate? It can't be good.
pwou69d.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
3 games in a row I get the bug where it doesn't put me on the loading screen and I can't reconnect to the game.

DrPizza

Banned
i guesss. my first reading of it was that 6.85 would be major balance changes and 6.86 would be less balance changes but more other stuff (new heroes, items, etc.)

I rather feel it has to be; there needs to be something to shake up the current meta, surely, and I don't think small tweaks will do it.

I'm playing Metroid Prime 2 on Dolphin, can't believe retro added some fucking fetch quest at the end wtf

Also if CK becomes meta I might stop playing. I feel he's plenty strong atm.

Hylian7

I'm playing Metroid Prime 2 on Dolphin, can't believe retro added some fucking fetch quest at the end wtf

Also if CK becomes meta I might stop playing. I feel he's plenty strong atm.

^^Metroid Prime 1 and 3 also had fetch quests at the end, one of the few flaws of those games.

MP3's one was pretty cool though.

Ya it's chill

The whole Metroid Prime Trilogy is godlike. Even with the fetch quests, I didn't really mind them. I honestly don't believe that anyone can top the MP Trilogy when it comes to developing a Metroid game, and Other M certainly adds fuel to that fire.

Artanisix

Spec counters BH hard because she can ultimate whenever she wants at any point of the game, instantly teleport on him invis or not, dust, dagger, urn, manta and the illusions and radiance will murder him every time. And with the new haunt change, spec can immediately reality shift to another target after dropping her load on bh. So midgame she prevents bounty from roaming anywhere alone with ult, dust, dagger, urn, completely nullifying the point of the hero, and when she gets the radiance it's even worse.

It's pretty much the hardest counter to bounty in the game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Spec counters BH hard because she can ultimate whenever she wants at any point of the game, instantly teleport on him invis or not, dust, dagger, urn, manta and the illusions and radiance will murder him every time. And with the new haunt change, spec can immediately reality shift to another target after dropping her load on bh. So midgame she prevents bounty from roaming anywhere alone with ult, dust, dagger, urn, completely nullifying the point of the hero, and when she gets the radiance it's even worse.

It's pretty much the hardest counter to bounty in the game

I rarely have the time to actually reality to another haunt tbh. Maybe I'm just bad.

6.85 when
LCnCRPK.gif

Smithy C

Disruptor is such a cool hero. Admittedly I've played like maybe 4 games as Disruptor, but the last one was 70 minutes and we won from far behind so now Disruptor is my favourite hero.

I need Disruptor hats.

^^Metroid Prime 1 and 3 also had fetch quests at the end, one of the few flaws of those games.

MP3's one was pretty cool though.

Ya it's chill

It's been a while since I played Prime 1. I'm playing Prime 2 because I never finished it. Torvus Bog was pretty difficult for young me.

Echoes itself is pretty hostile to players haha.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
You know one thing I find interesting to see, Lich often kicks my team's ass. I have a 38% winrate if he is on the other team. KotL too.

I wonder what this says about the people I play with
thinking.gif

I also have a 100% winrate when Rac is on the enemy team. Suck it rac.

Just did the maths and I literally need 8k solo MMR to elevate my 2k-ish stack to a VHS bracket game. Just for you guys who wondered how I could actually be the very best Sven when my games are at at high bracket. I just never ever ever solo queue. I only ever get to play VHS games when we are a dual or tri stack.

Even Draskyl (5.6k MMR?) has high skill bracket games when he queues with his shitty subs.

It's been a while since I played Prime 1. I'm playing Prime 2 because I never finished it. Torvus Bog was pretty difficult for young me.

Echoes itself is pretty hostile to players haha.
The fetch quests never really bother me because exploring in the MP games is very fun, I haven't finished MP2 yet though.

Chris R

That or Mr. Frog told them about the incoming buff, same with the Phase Boots buff that is coming later tonight.

Artanisix

gofu and i were on the same team with kvh briefly through a few low-key tournaments like cevo, he decided to go try and go pro, i preferred the casual life so i declined whenever he asked me to join him on new teams. he was never a gaffer, he was just introduced to mumble gaf via some of us

S4 is one of the least impactful mids among pro mid players at the moment. His performances are absolutely lacklustre.

He had a Weaver game a few days ago with free farm on the safe lane and ended up with something like 370 GPM. No position #1 or #2 player I'm aware of would end up with this little farm provided your laning phase is free farm. He is just not as good at farming as anyone else on those positions.

Totally, his playstyle is way too conservative, he is never willing to take risks and always expectant of what the enemy move will be, while never making the move himself, thus resulting in a lot of space for the enemy team.

A 3rd pos/offlane seems better suited for him tbh.

Top Bottom