• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

shira

based on icefrog's post there won't be a new hero this patch right?

Matt said no "multi-hero" patches, if that helps
anuxi_deal.gif

Artanisix

He said the patch would be mostly balance changes, which leaves some room for new content. Might not be a new hero, but maybe some skill reworks or a new item.

M.D

Sorry shira.

Mldsp83.gif

What's your ISP?

Not from the US, It's Bezeq Int (Israel)

To be honest my internet felt weird for the past few days.
My download speeds and streaming are normal, but pages would often require my to reload because they simply won't load on first try, but I dunno if that could also affect the ping

Edit: EUW.. It's pretty obvious I'm not from the US is it

abunai

I woke up still frustrated after the worst dota game yesterday.
Sometimes I wonder why I play this garbage, then later on it's the best game ever so w/e.

People in work doing something to the A/C.. It's about 2c in here; I can barely type I'm so cold.

Not from the US, It's Bezeq Int (Israel)

To be honest my internet felt weird for the past few days.
My download speeds and streaming are normal, but pages would often require my to reload because they simply won't load on first try, but I dunno if that could also affect the ping

Edit: EUW.. It's pretty obvious I'm not from the US is it
There's a ton of European routing issues happening right now. There's a good chance your ISP is mixed up in it.
I don't get Oddshot.tv
Instant replays from a stream seconds after it happens? It's pretty neat tech.

http://oddshot.tv/shot/lirik-20150912224633964

kionedrik

It's like if you watch anime you're automatically forced to watch the worst ones.

Surprise, most movies and TV shows are also gutter trash.

I don't want to be an old man yelling at cloud but that wasn't true when I was growing up. When I was in my teens I was lucky enough to have easy access to animes that would become classics like cowboy bebop, trigun (etc). All the lowest common denominator pandering shit was hidden and locked away and you had to really dig deep to find it. Nowadays it feels like the opposite.

Satch

Banned
🐸🕕🕚🕟🕤🕠🕖💉💣🔥⚡️🐴💰

📉🔪📉🔪📉🔪📉

🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊🎉🎊

Russ T

Banned
Evangelion sucks

I don't want to be an old man yelling at cloud but that wasn't true when I was growing up. When I was in my teens I was lucky enough to have easy access to animes that would become classics like cowboy bebop, trigun (etc). All the lowest common denominator pandering shit was hidden and locked away and you had to really dig deep to find it. Nowadays it feels like the opposite.

Yeah, basically back then most of the stuff that actually came to the West was The Good Shit. Had we had unfettered access to everything like we do today, I am almost 100% positive it would've been pretty similar.

You're also forgetting Tenchi Muyo, which is fairly pandering, and was on prime-time Toonami. Also Outlaw Star (another Toonami thing!) had a swimsuit/bath episode that simply never aired on TV here.

I think I agree that it's maybe gotten worse over the year, but not super significantly. There's still a lot of good stuff, I just think there's so much MORE produced of ALL of it, and of course the pandering shit is what makes money, so that increases in number more than the non-pandering shit. So maybe the ratio is about the same, in the end? I dunno, I don't really care to take a tally. I'll just say that if you look for it, you can find lots of good things today. It just takes work.

Kind of like video games! Imagine what the video game market looks like to an outsider, with no knowledge of what actually makes something good. Someone who played Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda way back when but has no idea what a Dark Souls or a Dota is.

wait i forgot i was supposed to be shitposting sorry

Top Bottom