• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Russ T

Banned
trying to take the moral highground on an internet "gaming" forum over anime
EleGiggle.png
4Head.png

you nerds have problems
SoBayed.png

Be like me, be a
CoolCat.png

i sometimes forget to adjust my attitude going back and forth between this and the actual anime thread

i apologize profusely
cry.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
PLS, anyone with computer knowledge HALP ME
cry.gif
:

My ssd is dying, and is currently on windows 8. So I want to redeem my free windows10 on a usb and install it on my hard drive, then RMA my SSD. When I get my new SSD, is it fairly easy (aka does microsoft allow you) to migrate windows10 from my hard drive to my new SSD or would I be fucked and locked into windows10 on the hard drive?

I AM DYING AS WE SPEAK

VG played like garbage, worst than TI group stages
their weak point is their support imo, poor warding early game got burning ganks a million times, iceiceice buying wards while FY taking more farm from him.

aeolist

Banned
PLS anyone with computer knowledge HALP ME:

My ssd is dying, and is currently on windows 8. So I want to redeem my free windows10 on a usb and install it on my hard drive, then RMA my SSD. When I get my new SSD, is it fairly easy (aka does microsoft allow you) to migrate windows10 from my hard drive to my new SSD or would I be fucked and locked into windows10 on the hard drive?

I AM DYING AS WE SPEAK

when you do the upgrade your w10 key is tied to your motherboard. you'll be able to move it between drives just fine.

kionedrik

PLS, anyone with computer knowledge HALP ME
cry.gif
:

I AM DYING AS WE SPEAK

As far as i know, w10 scans your hardware and the license file is tied to that hardware when you install it. So the safest way to do things is to get a new ssd, install w8 and then upgrade to w10.

aeolist

Banned
As far as i know, w10 scans your hardware and the license file is tied to that hardware when you install it. So the safest way to do things is to get a new ssd, install w8 and then upgrade to w10.

windows doesn't count the drive as part of the hardware setup. it's mainly the motherboard.

aeolist

Banned
The IT guys at work said that MS scanned everything before submiting the info to get the license file...

they've done the same thing with OEM license keys in the past and never counted drives

they may have changed the way it works but i really, really doubt it since drives are the most commonly replaced/upgraded hardware in any PC

aeolist

Banned
even this late in 6.84 the metagame is shifting, what a great patch

i'm glad there won't be that much of a change for 6.85, some tiny nerfs for the OP and buffs for str carries would be great

Top Bottom