• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT11| $400 of Support and Passion

Acinixys

Holy fuck CK is cancer now

chaos-four.gif

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I thought Spec's problem was she was shit in lane? How is she better in lane now? What's to stop a team from just ganking the hell out of her before radiance? I've had success with this hero in the past because she was always a strong carry, but I've also had devastating losses because me or my team wasn't able to transition out of the laning phase without feeding.

The M.O.B

I'm amazed people know and still use the dota 1 names for the heroes. I figure these people would be super experienced and not in the 3.5k mmr bracket with me. On the other side, I still use wisp and windrunner so :/

DrPizza

Banned
I still struggle with Spectre to have a consistent early game. Is slahser's approach (Urn into Radiance) still reasonable? I normally try to go straight Radiance, as I feel she needs it to farm worth a damn, and it makes such a huge impact when you haunt, but getting that Relic is beastly unless the enemy team just forgets about you. I just had a game where I tried diffusal first (as I wasn't confident that I could save 3800 gold because their Silencer was tearing me up), and while it helped with farming a bit, it still felt underwhelming.

Perhaps my mistake is that I tend to go PMS rather than Vanguard. Vanguard just feels so expensive, but I guess the regen would make clearing jungle camps better.

ksan

its such a difference playing with people you actually enjoy playing with and just playing cause youre playing, i really understand why i havent been playing much of the game lately

shira

Solar Crest bonus evasion has been fixed from 30% to 25%.
Shadow Shaman Shackles damage per second tooltip has been fixed to read correctly from 40 at all levels to 44/52/56/60 respectively.
Sand King Caustic Finale damage expire tooltip has been fixed to read correctly from 27/39/51/66 to 45/65/85/110
Luna's Eclipse Scepter Duration Tooltip has been fixed to read correctly from 3/5.4/7.8 to 3.6/7.2/10.8
angel.gif

Patch UP!

Hylian7

I thought Spec's problem was she was shit in lane? How is she better in lane now? What's to stop a team from just ganking the hell out of her before radiance? I've had success with this hero in the past because she was always a strong carry, but I've also had devastating losses because me or my team wasn't able to transition out of the laning phase without feeding.

I still struggle with Spectre to have a consistent early game. Is slahser's approach (Urn into Radiance) still reasonable? I normally try to go straight Radiance, as I feel she needs it to farm worth a damn, and it makes such a huge impact when you haunt, but getting that Relic is beastly unless the enemy team just forgets about you. I just had a game where I tried diffusal first (as I wasn't confident that I could save 3800 gold because their Silencer was tearing me up), and while it helped with farming a bit, it still felt underwhelming.

Perhaps my mistake is that I tend to go PMS rather than Vanguard. Vanguard just feels so expensive, but I guess the regen would make clearing jungle camps better.

Spectre has a somewhat weak lane presence, however if you have the supports to set it up, you can pick up kills with Desolate. Most importantly, it's about making sure to get all the farm you can out of your lane. If that isn't possible, look to other lanes, or even now the jungle since with max Desolate it is an option. You have to make sure you use your early Haunts effectively. Only use them if you can get a kill or set up one. Usually it's best for the ones that get away with no health. One or two Desolates will take them out.

Above all, Radiance is so important. It isn't just a farming item either. It does pretty much accelerate your farm from 0 to 90, but it's also one of your most effective fighting items. You have the blink cancelling and damage, but also the miss chance is a big deal. With recipe being 100g cheaper, it's even more within reach.

I almost always go PMS, make sure to keep creep equilibrium right outside of your tower range. If you are just taking constant harass, but nobody can straight up burst you, consider a casual Ring of Health.

Auteezy

Banned
i'm sure acquila + drums is still a thing on spectre, lets you fight decently well early and gives you some tankyness and mana regen to let you dagger inbetween jungle camps to clear them more efficiently, plus it's stats on an illusion hero. Even though it's a lot of gold invested drums and acquila are easy/efficient buys and the gold invested in them is less than the gold they help you gain were you to run around on naked brownboots trying to farm a lump sum 3.8k gold.

G.ZZZ

Salve tango 2 branches circlet. Get PMS first, Wand second, Treads third, Morbid Mask and QB after treads. The casual morbid mask and agi treads + pms allow you to farm the jungle super fast and safely ( max deso->disp->dagg after going 1-1-1 at lvl3), max deso at 7 and haunt make you really relevant even from the jungle. As bad as it is, you should get those items at 10 mins, just play safe, even if you have like 20 cs it's fine you can recover relatively fast.
After that you should be able to rush the radiance at a reasonable fast pace. I usually get relic at 14-15 into radiance 2-3 mins later if i'm on an easy lane, 4-5 minutes later on hard lanes (keep in mind haunt killsteals give you considerable gold). After it's your preference and depend on the game. I like going Octarine (into blademail) for 80 s cd haunt and lifesteal from radiance and dispersion (if it got fixed).

Hylian7

i'm sure acquila + drums is still a thing on spectre, lets you fight decently well early and gives you some tankyness and mana regen to let you dagger inbetween jungle camps to clear them more efficiently, plus it's stats on an illusion hero. Even though it's a lot of gold invested drums and acquila are easy/efficient buys and the gold invested in them is less than the gold they help you gain were you to run around on naked brownboots trying to farm a lump sum 3.8k gold.

You should absolutely go Treads before Rad. I do that more often than not these days. If you're really struggling, you can get those items, but they aren't always necessary. I've usually been able to get by without them and getting a quicker Rad.

Also who are you? You have two posts and a name like that talking about other GAF people. Are you Meeru?

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
You should absolutely go Treads before Rad. I do that more often than not these days. If you're really struggling, you can get those items, but they aren't always necessary. I've usually been able to get by without them and getting a quicker Rad.

Also who are you? You have two posts and a name like that talking about other GAF people. Are you Meeru?

amateur meeru detection skills

Sianos

pa's new long distance bash is really fun to play against

25% of the time it works 17% of the time

i think next time i'm up against her i'll pick my favorite pa counter - ogre magi - and 12x octarine core multicast chain fireblast her to death

Airan

Why the fuck do people random in Ranked. Every single motherfucking time it ends up a loss. This is actually infuriating now.

Auteezy

Banned

I am a new member to this community and so maybe I should make an introduction of sorts:

You can consider me a Rich-Mans Anbokr or conversely Anbokr could be the Poor-Mans me. If you wish for me to divulge more you can either ask him yourselves what I mean as he will most likely understand full well or I could elaborate further later on when I have come up with some seemingly witty and spontaneous sounding claims.

My dotabuff: http://www.dotabuff.com/players/91692487

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Aui__2000/

I first learned of this website about a year ago from the man known so effectionately as "Milk Man" who I know as "the guy who got a broken router from ed", but it wasn't until I learned about the Neogaf IHL that I decided to sign up for the forums. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the more famous personalities here such as: Ellen Pudge, 1.09, Anbokr, Procarbine, Gofu, tSwiftx, and of course tread-swap extraordinaire Hylian7, although I have never talked to him.

For the most part I enjoy playing safe lane carries and a few mids but that changes with every patch. I'm pretty versatile in that I can pick up new/changed heroes and perform at an adequate level with them fairly fast however I still have my favourites no matter how out of favor they have fallen. I've been top 20, 50, and 100 on a few heroes on dotabuff before but put no weight into those ratings whatsoever.

Sometimes people call me a2k for short but I don't really like that abbreviation, i'd rather individuals be more inventive and come up with something jazzier and unique.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I am a new member to this community and so maybe I should make an introduction of sorts:

You can consider me a Rich-Mans Anbokr or conversely Anbokr could be the Poor-Mans me. If you wish for me to divulge more you can either ask him yourselves what I mean as he will most likely understand full well or I could elaborate further later on when I have come up with some seemingly witty and spontaneous sounding claims.

I first learned of this website about a year ago from the man known so effectionately as "Milk Man" who I know as "the guy who got a broken router from ed", but it wasn't until I learned about the Neogaf IHL that I decided to sign up for the forums. I'm somewhat familiar with some of the more famous personalities here such as: Ellen Pudge, 1.09, Anbokr, Procarbine, Gofu, tSwiftx, and of course tread-swap extraordinaire Hylian7, although I have never talked to him.

For the most part I enjoy playing safe lane carries and a few mids but that changes with every patch. I'm pretty versatile in that I can pick up new/changed heroes and perform at an adequate level with them fairly fast however I still have my favourites no matter how out of favor they have fallen. I've been top 20, 50, and 100 on a few heroes on dotabuff before but put no weight into those ratings whatsoever.

Sometimes people call me a2k for short but I don't really like that abbreviation, i'd rather individuals be more inventive and come up with something jazzier and unique.

DrPizza

Banned

brool cory sto

Slahsers way is the best. You don't really need items before radiance with desolate and urn keeps you going.

I'm not convinced she's super op even with this latest patch. She's just super effective against groups of random.

DrPizza

Banned
Salve tango 2 branches circlet. Get PMS first, Wand second, Treads third, Morbid Mask and QB after treads. The casual morbid mask and agi treads + pms allow you to farm the jungle super fast and safely ( max deso->disp->dagg after going 1-1-1 at lvl3), max deso at 7 and haunt make you really relevant even from the jungle. As bad as it is, you should get those items at 10 mins, just play safe, even if you have like 20 cs it's fine you can recover relatively fast.
Hm, that sounds worth trying. I go 1-4-1 1-4-4. I see people maxing dagger, but the mana cost is so punitive it doesn't seem worth it to me; it's too important to keep it available as an escape spell to use it to farm, so one point seems fine. Seems like a toss up between a casual mask and a ring of health, but mask probably has the edge.

After that you should be able to rush the radiance at a reasonable fast pace. I usually get relic at 14-15 into radiance 2-3 mins later if i'm on an easy lane, 4-5 minutes later on hard lanes (keep in mind haunt killsteals give you considerable gold). After it's your preference and depend on the game. I like going Octarine (into blademail) for 80 s cd haunt and lifesteal from radiance and dispersion (if it got fixed).
idk, I find radiance-diffusal-heart-butterfly or whatever is necessary is pretty solid. The illusion damage of diffusal isn't huge, but anything that makes them hit harder seems desirable.

Cringe reaching critical levels, you fit in here just fine.

Auteezy

Banned
a-a-a-am a a shitposter too?

BibleThump.png

I'm not sure but it's incredibly fitting that you are posting during the ongoing Spectre discussion as I believe you are one of the better Spec players I have had the pleasure running into in rmm.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1813068284

Here we can clearly see 1.09's dominance as Spectre as he tried to will his team to victory. The power of Spectre is also apparent as his rough start and ensuing comeback gold allowed him to become the 2nd most farmed hero on the map. Using dotabuff+ 1.09's build was as follows: Brownboots, Urn, Treads, Relic, Radiance, SnY, Skadi. He started with Tangos, Salve, and Branches. He was heavily pressured throughout the laning phase and mid-game and didn't use his radiance for farming but more aptly used it for team fighting, something I think Spectres may not put enough emphasis on. When you are behind as Spec afk farming is not always your only option. Kill-stealing high net worth targets with haunt/dagger, even suiciding for them can be considered #worth.

I'd love to hear 1.09's thoughts and am actually curious about the urn pickup as I don't think it had much effect if any for this game and believe a simple bracer would have had an equal impact.

Top Bottom